Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

False advertising on epic chests

Everytime there is a new promotion or a new epic gear available in a new chest, you have the Quote:

5x chance to get an Epic or Legendary armor.
    or
    4x chance to get an Epic or Legendary armor.

The odds of getting a legendary in a dark prince chest is X, therefor in the new limited time offer the odds of getting a legendary in X x 4 (or 5).

This is false for epic. We can not get the epic any other way with chest. If there is no limited time offer we can not have a 1 X chance at an epic. Making all the promotional advertising false.

Either add some epics to the dark prince chest or create a new chest which will always be available with a 1X chance to get an epic.

To keep it as is is false advertising!
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Have you verified that the very first epic chest also had a multiplier higher than 1?
    If it didn't, that would be the comparison point instead of DPC.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I've opened hundreds of chest and have only picked up one epic from them...you have a very slim chance.

GoT Urmomslover(recruiter)
    HC Game of Thrones
    LINE Id tnorman78

Idk man I buy 1 chest everytime and I kid you not ive gotten 2 cryptids and 1 flameguard So far.

No, you have a 5X chance where the original 1X chance is an unknown number. You're confusing this with a percent. 5X does not mean 5 percent. It means 5X that unknown number. But your relative % chance is still extremely low. Also since each chest pull is it's own independent event. You could theoretically pull 200 chests and never get an epic or legendary while someone else could pull 5 chests and all of them be legendary/epic.

In addition, since it says 5X chance for legendary OR epic, they could REDUCE the overall chance for epic while increasing the chance for legendary a higher amount and still not have false advertising.

Gotta love the English language, and all it's myriad interpretations!

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Loud idiots!

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Loud idiots!

Translation: Fools, at high volume

I'm not complaining of the rate at which we get the epic but more the publicity. "5x a chance at an epic" it is promoting something where there is no base value. the promo should read "only chance for an epic".

And it is long OVERDUE; add some epics to the dark prince chest or create a new chest which will always be available with a 1X chance to get an epic.
    Smiley V3

Rhaegal's point stands though:

"5x chance" means nothing if we don't know what the value of X is...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley80 View Post
    I'm not complaining of the rate at which we get the epic but more the publicity. "5x a chance at an epic" it is promoting something where there is no base value. the promo should read "only chance for an epic".
    I see how you may think there's no basis for the 4x or 5x claims - since there's no epic in the DPC, then there's no way to say that there's a 4x chance of getting an epic in the promo chests. But, have you looked at it this way: there's an x chance to get a legendary in the DPC, so in the promo chests there's a 4x chance to get legendaries, with epics being a bonus thrown into the mix.

You're comparing promo chests and DPC for the 4x chance of legendaries and epics, but who's to say that's the right comparison? If you compare promos to silver chests, then you have the same problem as you're stating, but with legendaries. A 4x chance with a promo chest doesn't necessarily mean that there's a 4x chance of getting a legendary as compared to opening a DPC.

I think the better way of looking at this is that if there is a promo chest, then there is typically an x chance of getting an epic or legendary. Then, depending on how much Gree wants to charge us, they'll multiply that chance by 4, 5, or 6 and adjust the costs accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley80 View Post
    And it is long OVERDUE; add some epics to the dark prince chest or create a new chest which will always be available with a 1X chance to get an epic.
    There are other ways of getting epics - fusion, wars, and arena battles come to mind. I think adding another permanent chest with epics will only serve to dilute the value of epics. If they're all of a sudden easy to get, then they're not special anymore and Gree wouldn't have a means of making money from promo chests (or at least their revenue from buying gems may decrease a bit).

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Rhaegal's point stands though:

"5x chance" means nothing if we don't know what the value of X is...

The Pythagorean theorem shows that x is 5 cm in this case...

Yes, but the pic gives 3cm and 4cm as the other sides. With the chests, we don't know what "x" equals. 5x 10 means something. 5x 0.10 means something quite different.

Anyone who has taken Statistics/Probability 101 is LOL'ing at this conversation. The fact is we have don't know what X is. Since we don't nothing else really matters unless speaking in generics.

What I can say is that it is LIKELY that there is a base % chance to pull an epic, say it is 1% (which it is lower but this is an easy start point). Now say you open 100 chests and the statistics work out perfect, you get one epic. Now once you pull that epic, a new formula kicks in that decides which epic you get. Each Epic armor will have a specific % associated with it. So if you want to get a specific armor, you have a 1% chance to get an epic, then maybe a 5% chance to get the one you actually want. So overall your chances of getting what you want from the beginning is about .2%.... and if you want the + version, well you can see how much lower this % gets exponentially.
    That 1% and 5% numbers are also actually probably higher than the numbers Gree uses, so you can essentially chop the results in half to get close to real numbers.
    That being said, I still take the chest chance when I see fit, I pulled the new epic + yesterday right after I was rewarded my Harlequin, good armor day for me
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

I have 9 maxed epics and I know how to get epic. (@ Jun-Fan)

I feel that every time i buy chests it makes me chuckle to think "woohoo 5x a chance to get an epic" when via chest it is the only way to get an epic.

@Clemintine
    is the chance to get an epic/legenday a base value, i.e. 1%, or is it based on the number of armors available in the chest.
    Since the game has been released
    there has been
    10 x 1* armors
    18 x 2* armors
    8 x 3* armors
    so only 36 non-legendary armors
    > 75 x 4* armors (in chests)
    28 x 5* armors (in chests)

is the chance of getting a epic variable with the increasing number of legendary and epic gear available?

Plus there are epics that are worse than legendary now (go go Moontide +) {pointless comment but I had to vent}

people buy chest to get competitive armors. Only 1/4 for the legendary/epic armors are competitive, therfore your odds of getting competive armore is 1/4 of 4x chance at legendary or epic armor. rofl .
    Last edited by Smiley80; 08-19-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Smiley V3