Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If there is a cap on the number of videos or gems allowed to be viewed, this number is unknown as far as I know.

If there was a known cap, violators would be well aware of exceeding it and those that would not want to exceed it based on fair play would be happier to know of this cap as well.

As it stands this cap violation feature along with VPN use sounds arbitrary. There are thousands of players using VPNs to mine gems. Banning them would turn this game into a ghost town overnight and exhaust the team trying to keep up.

As someone else mentioned already; this is not an unfair advantage per se because anyone can use a VPN. There are some situations where people might be forced to use one if they are using a work phone, although in my experience most of these people are not allowed to use these devices for much outside of work related activities. I imagine that would depend on the company rules and enforcement of them.

All in all, this VPN and cap business is largely a pain in the butt and it leads to frustration. I have had days where I pick up a couple hundred gems, and days where I get zero. I know of guild members that seemingly get them endlessly and others that get only a few at a time, if any at all. A hard limit that everyone could get and know of might ease the minds of most of the player base. A guild member from Syria gets no gems whatsoever, but he would happily employ the use of a VPN to get his hard cap daily if he could, and knew of one.

A hard cap would also alert people to who is really cheating when they claim they got 300 hundred gems from watching videos the previous day.

No one forces me to use VPN to mine extra gems...I am well aware of the cap, hence my whinge thread about it elsewhere on this forum. Your argument is invalid.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    No one forces me to use VPN to mine extra gems...I am well aware of the cap, hence my whinge thread about it elsewhere on this forum. Your argument is invalid.
    Well if you lived in Syria you would want to be using a VPN because according to my friend he gets zero, that is none, zip, zilch, nada, not a one gems from any offers.

So while you might be free and able to get your allotment and touch that cap so frequently that the game has to police you from abusing it, well good for you.

There those that are not as fortunate as you are. Perhaps your whining is unjustified then?

Just because something does not pertain to you specifically does not make something automatically invalid.

Here to hoping you continue to get locked out of gem mining just for karmic justice!

Thanks for calling.

Oh please; dialing into ONE country to get access to gems is perfectly valid. Dialing into 5 or more countries to access 5x as many gems as are normally made available is a different kettle of mackerel.

Thank you for playing.

TechnicLly depending on where you live you have different odds of getting free gems. Giving different contries better advantage. Lol. Still only penuts overall
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Pick a country and go.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hey Folks! Spoke with the Developers and have some insight and information for you!

The “Free Gems” feature is there to allow users a way to earn a limited amount of free currency which can then be used to enhance your game play. Certain users have been using VPN to get around the restrictions set for each account giving them an unfair advantage over others. In regards to the usage of VPN, it is allowed for legitimate reasons, such as accessing the game in country where it is not usually accessible (such as if you are traveling internationally). However, using VPN for the sole purpose of watching videos to earn free gems is a direct violation of the Terms of Service.

The Free Gems button is removed temporarily for those users found to have abused the service. The button will return, but that time varies for each player. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
    An actual answer. I have searched these forums for an hour, and this is great. Thanks!

Whats the limit?

Still yet to find the answer, what is the cap limit?

Last edited by Punkyfart; 11-26-2014 at 12:00 PM.

I'm discussing since weeks with the support about this.
    1) How is it possible that people using speed hacks are only banned for a few days and using vpn will result in permanent bann from free gems?
    2) I got the last weeks three different reasons from support for the vanishing button.
    3) Every gem i get is counted. I think this is not correct. (Arena, Epic Boss, Chest)

I understand the problem with the vpn, but after a while the cap should be removed.
    Guild: The Starks

Guild Master

Lv. 400+
    Armors: Ask me

Since I am lucky to get 8-10 gems on a good day, it is a bit annoying to hear people getting a hundred or even hundreds a day. Worst part is I have even tried a VPN with no better results. I agree there should be a set amount that everyone can get if they choose and maybe then the button disappears until next day. By the way, what is the best country to get them from? Just out of curiosity obviously 😜

Seems like every major update the amount of gems i get via the free videos change. After some updates VPN works and sometimes no, after some updates i can get 15-20 gems and other times 3-5 per day. and for 3 magical weeks i could get as many as i wanted (but i was a zombie).

I cant explain it. but for a while now i am a getting 3 a day (sometimes i get 5 woohoo).
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Before the Blitz this week, I got an insane 70+ gems in less than 24 hours. It cut off during Blitz. I'm about to try again, hoping I can rack up more for Raid, as I had to spend at least 50 to get the 3 "free" boost armors (totally worth it, IMHO).

Anyhoo: GREE! THANKS FOR OODLES OF FREE GEMS! PLEASE CONTINUE!!!