Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Why so Secretive about Free Video Information

Clementine or anyone else who can answer,

Please provide some clarification on the confusion regarding the free video's, to which the answers have been kept more secret than the location of Flight 370...

1.) The free gems disappearing button, you answered the question on the other thread without actually answering the question. We know it disappears and randomly comes back, but the question still is WHY does the button disappear, and how can those who are affected by it, prevent it?

2.) Regarding the use of VPN, is it allowed? I have sent multiple PM's asking about whether the usage of VPN is allowed. I have heard many rumors, some saying yes it is, some saying not it is not. I have even seen a screen shot of an email from Gree customer support saying YES it IS allowed, but then I hear stories about accounts being banned from VPN usage. So since my PM's have gone unanswered I will ask here. Please just inform your Customer Base of you actual rules so nobody get's banned for something they didn't even know was not allowed!

Thank you, we really do appreciate all you guys do, just would like some answers on these long standing questions
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

I appreciate the question. I like following rules...hard to follow if some of the rules are unknown. :/

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

1) ive seen a gree email saying it disappears due to the cap of free gems for x time being reached. after x time it comes back. x is unknown at the moment.

2) if u have gotten an email saying its allowed, then its allowed. people like to use these kind of things as excuse for them getting banned over hacking/cheating.
    Maxed epics:
    Soulshard necromantle+
    Cyclone platemail+
    Komodo+
    Spectre+
    Hellfire+
    Druidic platemail+
    Stormwatch Rainment
    Dragonborn aegis
    Stalward vanguard
    Arclite shroud
    Apocalypse platemail
    Spectre's shroud
    Cryptid Wargear x2
    Forgestone aegis
    Aegis of sky
    Maelstorm irons
    Beastmaster
    Northeners

Work in progres:
    Centurion Aegis
    Triskelion Wargear

LINE id: holydinges

Proud member of Azure Dragon Nexus

I used to use the VPN quite frequently and have not been banned, but I've not had an issue with the free gems button disappearing either. I no longer use VPN because I only get a few videos from France, but not enough to go through the hassle. The VPN client I used had 5 other countries (aside from France and the United States), and I would get around 5-6 gems per country, per day.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by holydinges2 View Post
    1) ive seen a gree email saying it disappears due to the cap of free gems for x time being reached. after x time it comes back. x is unknown at the moment.

2) if u have gotten an email saying its allowed, then its allowed. people like to use these kind of things as excuse for them getting banned over hacking/cheating.
    1.) Yes I have heard of such a cap. However this doesn't make sense as I know people who VPN and farm hundreds of videos a day, while two people in my guild (I am unsure of VPN use but they claim none) have lost their button after only a few videos. So is this just broken and removing random people's buttons? Their neglect to actually say what causes the button to disappear leads me to believe they don't really know to be honest, and made up some excuse.

2.) I should rephrase, the email from was Sept, 2013. I am unsure if their policies have changed since then, since I know they have change T&C's and switched video companies.
    Bulls on Parade

Hey Folks! Spoke with the Developers and have some insight and information for you!

The “Free Gems” feature is there to allow users a way to earn a limited amount of free currency which can then be used to enhance your game play. Certain users have been using VPN to get around the restrictions set for each account giving them an unfair advantage over others. In regards to the usage of VPN, it is allowed for legitimate reasons, such as accessing the game in country where it is not usually accessible (such as if you are traveling internationally). However, using VPN for the sole purpose of watching videos to earn free gems is a direct violation of the Terms of Service.

The Free Gems button is removed temporarily for those users found to have abused the service. The button will return, but that time varies for each player. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

+1 clementine
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Well, on VPN other than not giving any answer, that's the only answer they could possibly give...
    "hey, technically it isn't allowed, but we don't mind too much, since VPNing videos still makes us money" would piss off their advertisers.
    So in my opinion, you've gotten a theoretical answer with uncertainty how theory and practice relate to eachother.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley80 View Post
    +1 clementine
    Only +1? Doesnt that at least earn me a +10?

Glad I could help out!

VPN usage for the sole purpose to "farm" videos for extra gems is violation of TOS. Got it.

THANKS FOR THE SPEEDY AND NON-WISHY WASHY ANSWER!

+10

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hey Folks! Spoke with the Developers and have some insight and information for you!

The “Free Gems” feature is there to allow users a way to earn a limited amount of free currency which can then be used to enhance your game play. Certain users have been using VPN to get around the restrictions set for each account giving them an unfair advantage over others. In regards to the usage of VPN, it is allowed for legitimate reasons, such as accessing the game in country where it is not usually accessible (such as if you are traveling internationally). However, using VPN for the sole purpose of watching videos to earn free gems is a direct violation of the Terms of Service.

The Free Gems button is removed temporarily for those users found to have abused the service. The button will return, but that time varies for each player.
    How long will it be gone? A guildie of mine got hi's button removed after trying VPN for the first time. He managed to get 57 gems that weekend and havent had a video button since then. It has been about a month now.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

The Free Gems button is removed temporarily for those users found to have abused the service. The button will return, but that time varies for each player. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
    Clementine,

I have been out since last posting and reading here. But thanks for the response, I know many have been wondering about this, and we appreciate you're activity here!
    Bulls on Parade

free gems button

I lost my free gems button as well yesterday, and today it returned so I immediately started to watch my restricted set of video offers. Guess what: it disappeared again.
    This doesn't make any sense regarding to what has been posted in this thread?

If anyone can use a VPN app to get more gems, how exactly does it give an advantage over other players?

If you use VPN to get more than your allotment of daily free gems, it gives you more gems to use than you would have gotten otherwise. 50+ gems vs 8 gems. You do the math, over time.