Old Farts Represent! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Farts Represent!

Consistent Contributor schnuffler's Avatar
    Post Count
    Tramp Stamp revolutionised the IPH game with the Type A / Type B building differences becoming common knowledge.

I can't remember the name of the crazy guy who had all manner of theories about how to get the M4's.

Using all your points to build up attack and defense instead of energy and stamina.

Consistent Contributor schnuffler's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I was just a young noob lurking for hints, but that's a tale for another day.
    I remember.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Great thread!!!

I remember when I won $100mil on the scratchies and bought my first LTB. I thought it was Christmas!
    I remember when I hit 100k attack and did the happy dance. How times have changed....

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Back in those old collect 10's, final prize if you was lucky had 300/300 stats.
    I remember chasing the one with free banking, was the first time I bought gold, I spent 3 vaults and got nothing.
    Yet the 3 after I got for free.
    I remember being put on, and taken off the Indian hitlist 3 times.
    I remember them all pretending to hate me on the forum, yet talking to me like old mates in pm, was all part of the game.
    I remember being banned in game for avoiding the swear filter, now people can say what they want without comeback.
    I remember reaching the shark tank, and loving life up there after worrying what it would be like.
    I remember when cheats were hounded off the forum and out of the game, rather than recruited by he top teams.

Most of all, I remember the days where tips were shared, help was given, people were friendly and every thread wasn't either 1: someone whining or 2: SAS Vs TaW like anybody else cares.

The whining is what has made the helpful people like tramp stamp leave the forum.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I remember :
    Trying to farm m4's but only getting 10 or so
    Farming the first non consumable explosives
    Wondering if I would ever have enough money to buy the French restaurant .
    I was recruited to my current guild by a now retired player who I kept robbing , then he would rob me . We decided to be allies . His was 35k/40k and I was 38k / 36 k. My first DL was 656 k with an iph of 1 mil . I thought he was the best player .

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by schnuffler View Post
    Tramp Stamp revolutionised the IPH game with the Type A / Type B building differences becoming common knowledge.

I can't remember the name of the crazy guy who had all manner of theories about how to get the M4's.

Using all your points to build up attack and defense instead of energy and stamina.
    Wasn't it Kung or something like that? His theories were bordering on witchcraft....LOL!

Post Count
    Mmm, spreadsheets.

Allhail's theories and solo work on game data that no one understood and just thought he was crazy...
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    I was told there would be no spreadsheets...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    Back in those old collect 10's, final prize if you was lucky had 300/300 stats.
    I remember chasing the one with free banking, was the first time I bought gold, I spent 3 vaults and got nothing.
    Yet the 3 after I got for free.
    I remember being put on, and taken off the Indian hitlist 3 times.
    I remember them all pretending to hate me on the forum, yet talking to me like old mates in pm, was all part of the game.
    I remember being banned in game for avoiding the swear filter, now people can say what they want without comeback.
    I remember reaching the shark tank, and loving life up there after worrying what it would be like.
    I remember when cheats were hounded off the forum and out of the game, rather than recruited by he top teams.

Most of all, I remember the days where tips were shared, help was given, people were friendly and every thread wasn't either 1: someone whining or 2: SAS Vs TaW like anybody else cares.

The whining is what has made the helpful people like tramp stamp leave the forum.
    Shut up Brian.

P.s. You want to see old school? Look at MXZ's signature. That mess ain't been changed cents Nixon was in office.
    Pagoda no good.

Post Count
    I remember 20-0 all you farts.

Post Count
    it was 10-0. Always "from behind" if I remember right
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor colec023's Avatar
    Post Count
    Back when attacks would give you $30k. Back when there was strategy for building IPH. Back when a def building and consumable explosives actually helped your stats. Back when 60 gold for a 30 atk weapon was good. Back when we had exploding consumables like the turkey, football and snow balls.

Ahhh back in the day....

Post Count
    I don't think holiday explosives count as "back in the day."
    Still mad at Bostick.

Consistent Contributor realsavior's Avatar
    Post Count
    I remember Droid and Ios event being separate, getting the first epic boss on Droid, and farming TLC's all day long with 100% drop rate.

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    I remember the first rb and having my syndicate only complete easy but that 14k item was the best item in my top 45 then
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.