Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Survival Event

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    I found the same thing--but the range boost to the invader CDR ends up eating through the heli quicker than a normal attack/defend scenario. It's impossible to lose zero BP in this event.

I'm still working on unit mixes for SR/non-DG hits, but I'm losing less UV in those attacks. I ported my SS close to another base and use it to reinforce between waves. In the non-dg hits I'm reinforcing with small amounts of mech.

So far--and I'm still working out the details--I think a good Short Range mix looks like this:

100 Jeeps
    100 tanks
    500 Arachnids
    1000 Heli
    1000 Hail
    50 Centurions
    50 Hammerheads
    1500 Arty
    3000 Hawks
    500 Titans
    50 Rails

I reinforce the mech--HH and Cents--between waves. I didn't have much time to play last night, and I'm only at the Level 15 wave. But I'm going to try another level here in a couple hours.

Anybody else have ideas?

HC
    I found a stronger mix of jeeps and helo protected my stronger units.
    I used the following in a non dg op.
    4000 jps
    3000 helo
    1500 hawks
    1500 arts

All I have is a 70 Pile driver to defend tho, so it was a numbers game in my instance. I had to purposely restart at level 10 because I couldn't go any farther than that.

You guys must all be the dumbest fools around

posting winning mixes will only make Gree change it

reminds me of a guy in Modern War that posted all LTMs

Gree changed everything after that, ofcourse they did

there are good combos, we figured them out within 20 minutes, and no, im not gonna post them

in our world the winner, nr2 and nr 5 didnt use any gold
    we used our brains
    i only lost 25 million uv during this event and made 1,6 million points
    was low at the start , so had to build required units first

the nr 1 and 2 made 2.7 and 2.5 million, enough to get all rewards....for totally zip

you need a big com though, even a bad 90 isnt enough

Quote Originally Posted by cherlock View Post

there are good combos, we figured them out within 20 minutes, and no, im not gonna post them

we used our brains

the nr 1 and 2 made 2.7 and 2.5 million, enough to get all rewards....for totally zip

Really they didn't use any gold ???? ......

Here's something dude there was nothing to use gold on in this event!

Though u are correct there's combos that work and mean u lose a lot less uv til the later missions I came third in 21 and didn't lose much after figuring it out
    Last edited by Chopsky; 08-14-2014 at 04:53 PM.

we used our brains

Only 25m UV loss? How many hours did you play. What mission did you play through. How many times did you have to repeat through the cycle. Yes 1.6m points is possible with minimal uv loss however I doubt you were playing missions 15 or higher. As a result you probably spent a great deal of time playing this event which not all of us have. Completing the LTM with only 2.5m points is probably doable but extremely unlikely. It took at least 2.7m points for the most people to complete the LTM and some players 2.8m or even 2.9m. I accumulated 2.6m points and placed 6th and fell 150k short of M15.

Plus there's also the fact that most people lost abt 50-60 mil trying to figure it out , so what makes your wolrd so special that you guys got it right away almost and incurred almost no loss while realising / working it out.

Quote Originally Posted by -Unabomber- View Post
    Only 25m UV loss? How many hours did you play. What mission did you play through. How many times did you have to repeat through the cycle. Yes 1.6m points is possible with minimal uv loss however I doubt you were playing missions 15 or higher. As a result you probably spent a great deal of time playing this event which not all of us have. Completing the LTM with only 2.5m points is probably doable but extremely unlikely. It took at least 2.7m points for the most people to complete the LTM and some players 2.8m or even 2.9m. I accumulated 2.6m points and placed 6th and fell 150k short of M15.
    As you said Unabomber, to make that many points with that low of losses means you're probably grinding through missions 1-10 over and over and over and over...no thank you.

I spent 1 hour getting through the first 14 missions. Reset all factories to rebuild for the next 40 hours. Fought again for about 30 minutes getting through Level 19, lost second battle of 20. Made 2.4m points, won the event in W15, but came up about 400,000 points short of finishing Level 15. Grand total of less than 2 hours playing in this 48 hr event. I'll take that any day, although getting those two Frostburns would have been nice. Learn a valuable lesson on reinforcement wave timing, next event I should be able to finish the LTM too.

And "cherlock"...Gree isn't going to change ANYTHING based on what we write here. I play Modern War in a top 50 team, and LTMs are always posted there by a couple players in detail. All of them, every time. You should check out that forum sometime. Danimal is the guy who posts those.

Talking about the game and how to play it is the whole point here. I don't mind sharing information. I don't feel threatened by doing that.

Even with grinding through missions 1-10 continually making that much seems unlikely maybe going to abt 12 but who wants to do that for 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsky View Post
    Even with grinding through missions 1-10 continually making that much seems unlikely maybe going to abt 12 but who wants to do that for 48hrs
    Lol,
    Im not giving out any info, only that i had to rebuild alot after first try where i failed on an epic way, like alot

So i had about 17 hours left.which i didnt olay all
    Grinding to mission 10 wont get me 1.5 million in his timespan

That might be true if gree actually looked at the posts on this forum
    -World 9-