Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Red face [New Event] Survival!

We are excited to introduce a new event to War of Nations, SURVIVAL! This event will run August 12th 11AM PDT through August 14th 11AM PDT. During this time you will need to survive waves of NPC invasions. As you do so you will gain Survival Points and win awesome rewards!

A few quick details about the event:

- NPC armies will come in invasions and each invasion has several waves
    - You will advance to the next invasion when they defeat the previous invasion
    - Defeating each wave provides you with survival points
    - Later waves will give higher numbers of survival points
    - There is a Survival individual leaderboard and a set of limited time missions for the event

If you have any questions about the event, please let us know and we will do our best to answer them.

How do gree work out the defence mechanics for this event ?

Another Fail

Way to go Gree. One of your best fails yet!
    So we lose actual UV to horrible mixes sent by NPC. Dumb...................
    Another event where you waste my time and you fail to make money.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Way to go Gree. One of your best fails yet!
    So we lose actual UV to horrible mixes sent by NPC. Dumb...................
    Another event where you waste my time and you fail to make money.👍
    As he said, and would love to tell you that with 20% rebuilds from each attack you can go ahead and shorten this event to 24 hours 😡

Lost 70m uv already, perhaps you should organise to only lose troops for event and give back after or don't actually lose uv like in cwars.

I'm gonna be ages rebuilding lol.

It wld be ok if we didn't lose troops and also the wave mixes are horrific if I sent them at a dg op with one of my perfect 90s I'd likely struggle against a lesser com as those waves r so bad lol plus why does the npc get 1600 units etc , iron out the details and it might be fun .

Secondary clem this is like a day late and we were only told abt this event recently then u put up info after it starts ...I dk anymore lol

Boring

If the objective of this event is to make the game more attractive than other games, you failed miserably,
    If I have to lose all my uv to end in top 20, the prizes are not worth me losing time, add to this the risk if losing a base since I can't defend.
    60 mil uv got me to mission 8, what an achievement,
    Good luck keeping players,

With 20% rebuilds it is impossible to sustain play in this event for more then 3 hours, you will run out of units and more importantly it will start to cost you u/t units like titans hellfires and rails that are far to valuable to lose. It also requires you to be online 24/7 to click launch, that's not fun.....that's a job. The rewards are the same for a regular player event, why should I lose all my uv for this event? Furthermore how can I defend all of my bases with a severely diminished uv if somebody who is not participating in the event decides to cap? The limited mission rewards are mediocre at best nothing special until mission 15, but lets be honest very few people will even come close to that. Go back to the drawing board with this event it has potential but was obviously thrown together and not well thought out. It needs a few tweaks or it will just be another one of those events that you take a break from the game during.
    Last edited by hurricane2014; 08-12-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    -World 9-

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    Lost 70m uv already, perhaps you should organise to only lose troops for event and give back after or don't actually lose uv like in cwars.

I'm gonna be ages rebuilding lol.
    Absolutely agree--should be virtual units based on your actual unit you've built just like in Global Domination.

Except...this makes us build more--instant build if you're desperate for another couple hundred helis and that next wave of attackers is inbound 25 seconds out...and you need to use speedups/spend money. We can't think this company could actually come up with a free event??

But it's the closest to a free event we've ever seen. We just will need to spend a week or two rebuilding after this one.

When is the next Global event?? Better load factories with those Titans and Hawks after this one is over.

game mechanics are screwed, but wait - I know why!

I see the report states I lost units, but when I watch the battle, I lost NONE and killed every attacking unit without them getting a shot off.

I know my defence works against players and I shouldn't have lost anything, oh - but wait, it's rigged so we always loose units so we have to rebuild using gold to finish the event.....

So another fail GREEd - Event is a joke, just like the world wars.

Everyone use the event to cap the top 10 or 20 players in the leader board, now they are defenceless!

Gree, you killed this game.

Here is something positive, how about introducing an event where the smaller players can actually get the upper hand on all those guys with big bases and great comms? Yeah right, like that would ever happen!

Quote Originally Posted by John Marsfield View Post
    I see the report states I lost units, but when I watch the battle, I lost NONE and killed every attacking unit without them getting a shot off.

I know my defence works against players and I shouldn't have lost anything, oh - but wait, it's rigged so we always loose units so we have to rebuild using gold to finish the event.....

So another fail GREEd - Event is a joke, just like the world wars.

Everyone use the event to cap the top 10 or 20 players in the leader board, now they are defenceless!

Gree, you killed this game.

Here is something positive, how about introducing an event where the smaller players can actually get the upper hand on all those guys with big bases and great comms? Yeah right, like that would ever happen!
    Yep. Here I was thinking I'd put my dg-fu to work and they have a range boost... That doesn't even show in the videos. For the first time ever, it was better to defend with no dg.

This event is not going down very well gree.
    You should try your ideas out with the forum members first so we can pick it over and find the problems before you code it you only have your selves to blame.

But the fact that Npc's attack is not all bad, if you formed them into an game AI with goals to act like a computer players in CIV type games it could pick up the slack from falling player numbers and keep older worlds going.
    I mention some ideas in the new event thread. Further down the list.

If you want to keep it as an event try changing the format
    1. Make npc army's hit every base a player has when the attack is launched.
    2. Make it carry on until all their bases are over come.
    3. Reset all the players units after the attack.(essential)
    4. Only allow a player so many goes like 5-10 (extendable with gold) or on a timer like lock box events.
    5. Then a player can play with tactics defend 1 base very well or all equally or something in the middle.

This would be fun for a alliance mini game so alliances can find who is top dog.

But my personal choice would be an AI that Capps players bases then displays the fact they are occupied by making them glow red for all players to see.
    This could be done by seeding npc players all over the map or just random attacks out of the blue.
    But we get BP from defending and attacking the npc if they attack.
    The random seeding could be the most interesting if we can Capp back and destroy the computer player which later reseeds but a little stronger. And the npc players could be a way of introducing new items or commanders or units

Or it could be a inverse event we Capp special npc bases that get stronger every time we win but the rewards get better as the npc gets stronger.

So this event may be a bust but that just leaves allot of room for improvement.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 08-14-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting death View Post
    4. Only allow a player so many goes like 5-10 (extendable with gold) or on a timer like lock box events.
    Really man you cant be serious? Not having to spend to participate is the best part of this event. We already have enough events that are pay to win where whoever spends the most wins regardless of skill or effort (Lockbox and X World).
    -World 9-

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane2014 View Post
    Really man you cant be serious? Not having to spend to participate is the best part of this event. We already have enough events that are pay to win where whoever spends the most wins regardless of skill or effort (Lockbox and X World).
    I agree but when has any gree event not included ways that gold winners will win by spending just being realistic.
    And if players are not spending on building units.... Where is the gold for gree!!.....

And this event is about players spending to replace units lost so my idea just replaces one form of gold spending with another.

And we all know gree don't add anything that doesn't encorage gold spending. Sad but true.

Gree your welcome to prove me wrong!...

actually this event worked out pretty well.
    ofcourse most of us failed at first try but when you had used your brain to adjust your defence mixes, instead of immedeately crying overhere, you could have gotten big comms...for free, as i did, and all that with only losing about 25 million uv in total

one advice
    not all of us have big comms, players with 60s,70s,80s and the wrong 90s dont have a chance, so Gree has to keep that in mind next time

in our world, the winner, nr 2 and nr 5 didnt use gold on this event