Lightbulb Gree pls take note !!

Gree all the bugs came from the raid boss ......
    there are many glitches/bugs for epic boss & war
    my best solution is to delete all folders and things from raid boss and that might help and when you fix it , you can add it back .

Just take note
    And do not ban me

From an engineering perspective it is best to keep the code where it is currently. A lot of this work is done "Under The Covers," and each type of code is very specific. If you break down the code you will notice that even a simple extra apostrophe (') can break a good line and cause errors that we see today.

When I work with coding similar to most android games, I even have the trouble of connecting all the "IF, THIS, THEN, ELSE, RETURN, END." A lot of changes are done on the fly and constantly changed to provide results desired.

I tip my hat to all the engineers who have to correct and build game code.
    Last edited by legalious; 07-17-2014 at 09:57 AM.

is that the correct term for someone that corrects and builds game code, an engineer? well here its not. although, no 'dis' intended, troubleshooting code sucks, but I would kinda expect a little quicker action from gree, its not like theyre running a charity, its a profitible company, they should be reinvesting in themselves, expanding and hiring more employees, seriously I dont understand the problem with these bugs & glitches, I mean, I understand they happen, but the amount of effort that goes into detecting and fixing them seems quite minimal.

Issues are already rampant gree thanks cant wait to never get these rewards like the last raid waste.

Fixes need to be tested and then approved. Like most companies, they have a QA/QC (Quality Assurance, Quality Control) department. Depending on the type of work and changes needed, that usually need to be approved. Approval processes are typically the longest portion of the changes.

I do agree that their are quite a lot of issues but it does take time to get the whole situation resolved. With my line of work, it can take upwards from 7 day to 4 months for a 30 minute change of data. Forms need to be signed and approved which can take some time.

I don't think that's what the OP meant about all that coding stuff. I think what he's saying is that they should just start over from scratch. lol

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy808 View Post
    I think what he's saying is that they should just start over from scratch.
    This could happen and a decent suggestion, but would take even longer than just fixing the already existing code.

I wish it was as easy as that. Working with code, as legalious said, can be very tricky. Every piece of code that you add/remove from the code base can have unknown impact on the remaining code and how the game functions. Once the Devs/Engineers do update/edit the code, there is code review, then extensive testing by QA. This all takes a significant amount of time, which means that fixes and updates will also take time to be released out into the world. I have to give major props and kudos to those that do code, and to the QA who has to review and test everything. I tried to code once and failed in an epic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I wish it was as easy as that. Working with code, as legalious said, can be very tricky. Every piece of code that you add/remove from the code base can have unknown impact on the remaining code and how the game functions. Once the Devs/Engineers do update/edit the code, there is code review, then extensive testing by QA. This all takes a significant amount of time, which means that fixes and updates will also take time to be released out into the world. I have to give major props and kudos to those that do code, and to the QA who has to review and test everything. I tried to code once and failed in an epic manner.
    ive taken about 2 years of java, relearning the same things over and over, and i can confirm its not easy to code. and when you have one small error, it can literally take hours to figure it out. then it ends up being a stupid messup, that you should have caught in the first place, but may have miss typed that the compiler thinks it looks ok.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

Quote Originally Posted by sxespanky View Post
    ive taken about 2 years of java, relearning the same things over and over, and i can confirm its not easy to code. and when you have one small error, it can literally take hours to figure it out. then it ends up being a stupid messup, that you should have caught in the first place, but may have miss typed that the compiler thinks it looks ok.
    Absolutely. Even just a misplaced bracket or period and your code is thrown into complete disarray and things wont work. It is enough to drive a person mad...MAD I SAY!

You guys apparently use horrible IDEs or have no experience with industry applications....

Decent applications use automated unit and integration testing that does most of the QA for you in minutes.

And there is no IDE out there that allows you to "misplace" a bracket without slapping you in the face with an error message literally 100ms after you misplace it.
    Last edited by mafoe; 08-11-2014 at 02:17 PM.