Energy glitch simple fix

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy glitch simple fix

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Energy glitch simple fix

We all know of the energy glitch currently being reviewed by gree and there slow response to a fix ... Well anyone with a brain cell could fix it simply by having the game auto shut down and restart the moment the device loses signal that way when they finally turn off airplane mode they won't get chance to hit the npc one final time. I hate cheats and gree really need to fix it soon or I'm off. I dnt pay to play for nothing .....

Please sort or you will give all us legit iOS players a bad name!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And its so obvious on who uses it just look at the faction recruitment threads. There are a ton of factions 250 and up claiming to finish all fltqs.. Come on really with all there +3-+5 regens..lol yep good luck finishing fltqs with those regen rates

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Who dares wins View Post
    We all know of the energy glitch currently being reviewed by gree and there slow response to a fix ... Well anyone with a brain cell could fix it simply by having the game auto shut down and restart the moment the device loses signal that way when they finally turn off airplane mode they won't get chance to hit the npc one final time. I hate cheats and gree really need to fix it soon or I'm off. I dnt pay to play for nothing .....

Please sort or you will give all us legit iOS players a bad name!!!!
    Although I think the message was written with good intent, the proposed solution is no good.
    But agreed, Gree needs to tackle this problem, it totally skews the factions.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    While many weaker factions use the energy glitch, that doesn't mean all do. Think about this; what if they had a retired top account or just players who spend much gold to help the team?

Lurker
    Post Count

Bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Shinedown Gree View Post
    While many weaker factions use the energy glitch, that doesn't mean all do. Think about this; what if they had a retired top account or just players who spend much gold to help the team?
    How many of them get retired players and help?? The may be top 75 will finish the ltq lol

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by τнε RJ View Post
    How many of them get retired players and help?? The may be top 75 will finish the ltq lol
    I know many players buy top accounts or think of it in this case: A top 10 player is retiring and wants to go back to his original top 250 faction

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The flaw in your logic OP is that your fix would require constant calls to the server to validate connection which in turn
    would increase the already enormous amount of data used to astronomical levels.

There is already a thread on this topic where I posted my suggested fix here:
    http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...Q-s-and-ILTQ-s!
    I'll repost the gist of it on this thread as well.

"Disable the "To My Base" button when an NPC is attacked. Then re-enable the "To My Base" button after attack is completed and registered. It should be two simple lines of code."

This code would be client-side and wouldn't require the servers intervention whatsoever.
    Through chaos comes clarity

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Systematrix View Post
    The flaw in your logic OP is that your fix would require constant calls to the server to validate connection which in turn
    would increase the already enormous amount of data used to astronomical levels.

There is already a thread on this topic where I posted my suggested fix here:
    http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...Q-s-and-ILTQ-s!
    I'll repost the gist of it on this thread as well.

"Disable the "To My Base" button when an NPC is attacked. Then re-enable the "To My Base" button after attack is completed and registered. It should be two simple lines of code."

This code would be client-side and wouldn't require the servers intervention whatsoever.
    It already does this in Crime City why not here? That's just lazy Gree
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There are a few ways for lower ranked factions to finish FLTQs without glitching or using large amounts of gold. Don't assume.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Systematrix View Post
    Software engineer here experienced with web service calls and let me disagree with your premise here. The problem is due to an (faulty) interaction between client and server so you can't simply introduce a client fix for this. In many applications, and especially in the gaming world, the client is not to be trusted. At all. Ever. The server needs to validate all client interactions and if these can't be then they need to be invalidated (no assumption of trust, ever). I see that Gree has already attempted to implement batching to reduce the data usage (more on this in a sec), but they've missed an opportunity to quash this stupid bug/exploit.

So I'm hearing that instead of fixing the problem, they make up for lost revenue by charging honest players more for these events. Is this true? Yeah f*k you too guys.

The fix for this is simple. If the client is offline (i.e. airplane mode, or data interruption), then the client needs to batch user actions and then transmit them in bulk to the server, where the server will emulate these actions (in order performed) to validate them. If any game rules are violated in the process (i.e. player runs out of energy, upgrade not complete, building not ready to be collected, etc) then the entire batch fails and the client is restored to its original state.

It should be entirely easy to catch most cheaters. The easiest way is to catch them before they cheat, when they're probing the system and the server is getting odd/malformed/inappropriate service calls from a certain user/IP block/phone ID. And let me just say this: when you have a Pay-to-Win game like Modern War where people are dropping their hard-earned cash to get ahead in this game, you need to drop your softie "we have zero tolerance for cheating" policy for a ZERO F*KNG TOLERANCE FOR CHEATING policy that goes like this: If you get caught sending a 1 or 0 to the server even sideways then your cheating piece of excrement pimple-encrusted pus-oozing arse is banned from this game, account deleted, phone ID logged and banned and all Gree/Funzio accounts deleted.

Now regarding data usage, the game's idiot data files are the culprit. The web calls for the game are pretty lightweight and Gree should not cut any corners in regard to game stability/security in favor of reduced data across the wire. I'm willing to bet that one player purchasing a vault of gold will pay for one server in their farm for a month. And lots of players are buying vaults of gold so a little more data over the wire to their servers isn't going to hurt anyone.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusImperium View Post
    Software engineer here experienced with web service calls and let me disagree with your premise here. The problem is due to an (faulty) interaction between client and server so you can't simply introduce a client fix for this. In many applications, and especially in the gaming world, the client is not to be trusted. At all. Ever. The server needs to validate all client interactions and if these can't be then they need to be invalidated (no assumption of trust, ever). I see that Gree has already attempted to implement batching to reduce the data usage (more on this in a sec), but they've missed an opportunity to quash this stupid bug/exploit.
    You sound more experienced with web services than I so I shall concede to your better judgment, and you make perfect sense.

I agree you can't trust the client completely but any manipulation of client code is then definitely considered hacking and there would be no more questioning whether it's "ok" or not (btw, exploiting a bug to gain an advantage is NOT ok whether you call it hacking/glitching/whatever).

Server validation would be the optimal way to fix the issue, I just didn't spend long enough thinking of how to implement it without data usage going through the atmosphere.

Great post Nexus, tyvm.
    Through chaos comes clarity

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Until all you guys declare cash gifts as income and pay taxes, the whole lot of you are engaging in tax evasion for worse morally than glitching that you guys cast as evil-doers.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfighter View Post
    Until all you guys declare cash gifts as income and pay taxes, the whole lot of you are engaging in tax evasion for worse morally than glitching that you guys cast as evil-doers.
    How is that any relevant to energy glitch in the game right now?!?...

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Apologies for the delayed response. There was a fix implemented, server side, for this glitch a few updates back. If you are still seeing this, please send us a detailed description and we will reopen the investigation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MblaZ View Post
    How is that any relevant to energy glitch in the game right now?!?...
    People act all morally superior in MW, but in real life do things that are way worse, yet they judge people for not even hacking. Bunch of hypocrites that's why its relevant.