Spreadsheet

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet

Post Count

Spreadsheet

First, thank you to the person or persons who have been maintaining it in my stead. You've done a great job.

Second, I've added complete unit data. Enjoy!

P.S. Sort consumption rate high to low and compare with the description labels. Highly deceiving!
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 02-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Post Count
    About your spreadsheet, could you please have a look at the Unit Buildings as someone has messed up the names of the buildings themselves and a load of them now say 'Armoury'!

Post Count
    What a pain. The worst was when someone from Spain messed with the locale settings and converted decimals to commas and dollar signs to euros.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramp Stamp View Post
    ..Second, I've added complete unit data. Enjoy!..!
    OMG, You da man. I hope you didn't spend too much time on this as I had the exact same spreadsheet back on 1/27!!! The only difference is that mine had all the original column headers from the original data like consume_percent instead of your custom column names and adjusted column order (you also cut out all the bogus columns that didn't add value). I also don't have access to a jailbroken device like you must to get an updated XML, so my snapshot came from Digitalwalker and his XML post. Thus mine also only went to 1225 and the Sand Comanche. Yours has all the new units down to 1238 to include the new units added recently!!!

Thanks again for your work!!!

FYI, for those who are going what XML file??? See this thread. It is where all the data came from, TrampStamp is another Wiz with excel to transpose all the data from the XML into a more useful format so you can filter by columns. There is a lot of useful info here, so I guess the cat is out of the bag to more now. LOL

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-casualty-rate.

Post Count
    Don't worry, I recycled the work I did for Crime City and generated this in a few minutes. Thanks for reminding me about the XML file. I'll delete that now as it's obsolete.

BTW, I primarily used XSLT to do this.

P.S. I don't have a jailbroken device, either.

Post Count
    TrampStamp,
    I do have a question for you. I have never played CC and started with MW (my disadvantage I guess). I assumed the melee type (unit TownMikeBottle) and fields like respect_cost, steel_cost, min_clan_size that are in the XML pertain to things in CC. Is this correct? I always assumed much of the logic is also the same between CC and MW, even though I never even looked at CC. When I first saw the XML the first line raised an eyebrow when I saw melee but I just wrote it off as the devs just started with a dummy XML from the other game to give them a guide to start adding the MW units into a XML.

Post Count
    Broken Bottle is most likely errant or debug data; it is a valid weapon in Crime City. Respect is the Crime City term for Valor. Steel is a 4th resource that doesn't exist in Crime City and was apparently dropped in testing in Modern War. But you're correct, the file formats are virtually identical. I was able to retool my Crime City XSL file in literally a few minutes because of this.

EDIT: "clan size" refers to Allies in MW and Mafia in CC. In CC certain equipment and buildings are unlocked by retaining set number of members.
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 02-08-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Post Count
    Yuck. What a mess. I knew this would fail when I started it. Just not possible to maintain something like this.

Post Count
    agreed. I decided to lock down the loot sheet for now. Too many errors and messes to clean up. I'm sure some people meant well while others were just drunk dialing their way through the interwebs. In any case, I'll just make the edits, along with a trusted few who are into it and seem to understand spreadsheets.

Post Count
    I put my copy of the $ buildings on Tramp Stamp's workbook. I'm not fixing the other worksheet though.

Post Count
    thanks for this, fairly new to the game and this will definitly help.
    Add me for Modern warfare : 442 215 957

Add me for Crime City : 797 321 102

Name is Jopie33

Lurker
    Post Count

Cool

Hi guys,
    Good day to all.

I have been following the forum for 2 months, lotsa great info and thanks to all who contribute.
    I didn't want to ask a dumb qn.. but the search function will not let me search for Oil Rig. too short apparently.

Is there any thread that covers building size? Like eg: Oil Rigs & Naval Research Centre? Maybe I can start one?

Else I have seen a few spreadsheets with building details etc... which is the latest.. Tanner's or Tramp Stamp's? Could i request the creators include a column with building sizes/build times? Am no too great with the software thus not sure if i can self edit (would want to mess anything up).

Thanks all!

Regards,
    Gobi
    MW 156 481 972
    Lvl 53

Post Count
    I'm working through a revised spreadsheet that has building sizes. Oil Rig is 10x10, same as the Electric Power Plant, Oil Refinery, and Recycling Plant

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    All building size info is in this thread.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=14x14

Post Count
    I don't know how the spreadsheet got locked, but I unlocked it.