Mods please respond - what is the future of Kingdom Age?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mods please respond - what is the future of Kingdom Age?

Post Count

Mods please respond - what is the future of Kingdom Age?

I can't believe this has not already been brought up, so here I go.

For those of you that have not heard, earlier today Gree announced that it will stop supporting Legends at War (LaW) - no new updates or quests are planned. Last weekend LaW had guild wars and a 40% off gem sale, there were no new quests added since then and today the announcement was made. If I understand correctly, the decision was made so Gree could focus more support on other titles.

Is Kingdom Age is one of the titles that Gree will be adding additional resources to support, or is it the next game on the chopping block? I really hope that this thread can remain constructive, because this is a question that needs to be answered before any more gems are purchased by the many players that enjoy playing this game.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My prediction is KA will have a shelf life for another 8 months before it gets canned.
    1) The number of new players joining the game is declining. Players who spend serious money are those who aim to win and be top dogs in the game. However, the gap is so insurmountable now that it is near impossible to play catch up without a massive gem investment.
    2) With that, player pool diminishes and Gree can only look to fish revenue from the existing whales. These whales get bored over time with the stale content that’s being rolled out over and over again. They then leave for another app.
    3) With the departure of these whales and no new blood to replace, things get very ugly quickly.

I'm not a mod but no mod would give you a straight answer anyway.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think it's funny you expect an honest answer from a mod about this...
    All these games have a shelf life, everyone should know that.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Happy to see they give up LaW, more resources for KA

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    KA will be fine. It is a good grossing and profitable game.
    LaW and most other new gree titles aren't, they don't have a good sized paying player pool. As long as there is more than 3 gree games, KA will survive.
    When there is only 3 left, it will be then that KA Recieve the shutdown.
    I do wish the law people who are upset would just keep to there own board. We can all read and see what is happening there, we dont need spamming on every other board on here.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Hey guys,

There is no need to start worrying about any of the other titles. We have added more staff to Kingdom Age. We will continue to support this title and have some new features in the works. This game along with the others are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Apologies for any panic that may have been caused from posts in the other forums.

Post Count
    Thanks for the response Tadaaah, that's what I hoped and suspected but it is nice to have confirmation.

Lurker
    Post Count
    So they say!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Mmm, bacon...
    Hmm wait a min I see it now,
    We make bacon pancakes(with maple syrip) get fat and stuck to our chairs, where we can play more gree games and spend more gems.
    Bet they even bought stock in the pork industry with the price of bacon going up, so we buy bacon they make more....
    I see the conspiracy your hiding gree....
    J/k
    Daily player

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey guys,

There is no need to start worrying about any of the other titles. We have added more staff to Kingdom Age. We will continue to support this title and have some new features in the works. This game along with the others are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Apologies for any panic that may have been caused from posts in the other forums.
    I really hope this is true because I raised a ticket for a game transfer between devices 4 days ago and all I got till date is an automated response when I sent in the request.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Only 4 days? Start to get worried if it takes longer than 4 weeks.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItFixed View Post
    Only 4 days? Start to get worried if it takes longer than 4 weeks.
    Thank you for this insightful post. Your forum contributions are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    I really hope this is true because I raised a ticket for a game transfer between devices 4 days ago and all I got till date is an automated response when I sent in the request.
    Senna, 4 days is a long time. I recently requested a transfer and it only took a few hours. Follow up with your ticket and make sure you have given the proper info to help with the transfer...the info at the bottom of a support ticket. You will need to supply the info for both accounts.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfauker View Post

Senna, 4 days is a long time. I recently requested a transfer and it only took a few hours. Follow up with your ticket and make sure you have given the proper info to help with the transfer...the info at the bottom of a support ticket. You will need to supply the info for both accounts.
    Thanks buddy. I just got a response today. A bit late but better than never.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    But its a shame anyway that In Game Transfer still doesn t work.....