Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    I couldn't care less about those names but it's good that someone is finally interacting with us even if its up to a certain degree. I can't see the point though Clementine of spending loads of time on this thread and totally ignoring other ones i.e. this one that i started http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ne-crates-sale

these are the type of questions the players need answers for instead of creating forum names. Lets deal with the big issues now and iron everything out later once the big ones have been answered.

I am a "community manager" in RL on one of the largest US government collaboration tools. I have members from every walk of life in industry, science, technology, media, and military. I know you cannot change policy or enact on policy decisions no more than I can. I merely facilitate the discussion and bring information to the group/groups.

I would never allow those with the information to withhold it the way Gree does to you. Therein lies a problem within your organizational structure.

Your attempt to bring change to the forum in the spirit of lightheartedness has backfired because you did not get buy-in from the people you service. You could have made it fun by engaging with the masses on potential names and got at least a majority consensus through the polls or any other means. You wouldn't have satisfied all but you wouldn't be starting from ground zero.

Your choices are going to be seen negatively immediately because of not only past grievances but years of originations inertia that Gree has established within its gaming communities.

A lot of thought may have gone into the naming convention but the second order effects and impact wasn't thought through enough.

The sub forum layout could use so serious intellectual rigor. Time would be better spent on ensuring that sub forums are named correctly and added to cleanup what GENERAL has become.

Is it just me , or did you notice that Clementine disappeared as soon as LaW was brought up?
    Founder, The Drunken Archmages. Drinkin ale and castin spells at ugly people since 1373.

These names are the dumbest, most offensive thing I have seen from Gree in the last five minutes. I would love to say that it was a longer time span, but I am getting used to Gree being offensive and doing thing that make no sense so why should this be any different (remember that whole $500 for a 5% health boost last week in MW). Can I get an Amen from the forum?

Would it be offensive to community managers if we called them "paid mindless regurgitator of the Gree party line"? How about Gree managers as "Greedy Gremlins"? Developers as "incompetent commodore users"?

I don't think they would be found as cute and fun, but as offensive and rude.

You tell us to be respectful. How about you all at Gree look in the mirror guys/gals and think about stuff before you do it.
    Last edited by jj JJ; 08-07-2014 at 07:21 AM.

The silence is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Contemptor View Post
    Is it just me , or did you notice that Clementine disappeared as soon as LaW was brought up?
    My silence/disappearance had nothing to do with LaW being brought up. I simply had to go cook and eat some dinner and sleep for the night. I am not trying to dodge questions about LaW, I am simply waiting to hear back from the Developers of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by aephlux View Post
    I like it, but i think you guys could have come up with better title names.
    Definitely happy to hear feedback from you guys about additional titles you would like to see added (or even replace some of the currently existing ones).

I think this is a step in the right direction but not the desired results. The user titles should be a selectable category per games played/selected, so that people know what game they play. We could even have a poll for names and choose them over a course of a week.

New ideas in general are a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    I would never allow those with the information to withhold it the way Gree does to you. Therein lies a problem within your organizational structure.
    This is something that I am actively working on trying to resolve. It is the middle of my second week, so it will likely take some time. I simply ask that you remain patient for at least a short time as I try and push changes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    The sub forum layout could use so serious intellectual rigor. Time would be better spent on ensuring that sub forums are named correctly and added to cleanup what GENERAL has become.
    Can you enlighten me as to which ones you would love to see expansion upon? This is very useful feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I think this is a step in the right direction but not the desired results. The user titles should be a selectable category per games played/selected, so that people know what game they play. We could even have a poll for names and choose them over a course of a week.

New ideas in general are a step forward.
    Let me dig in vBulletin and see if this is something that I can create. It might take a little time to enact, but it is an interesting and good idea.

While your updating the forum with interesting names for individuals, could you also look into some other forum features that have issues.

• 1. Calendar stops at the end of 2013.
    • 2. Quick Links > View Forum Leaders crashes upon click
    • 3. Unable to add Subscriptions to pages

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    While your updating the forum with interesting names for individuals, could you also look into some other forum features that have issues.

• 1. Calendar stops at the end of 2013.
    • 2. Quick Links > View Forum Leaders crashes upon click
    • 3. Unable to add Subscriptions to pages
    I have taken note. Thanks!

Subscriptions would be good.
    Another forum I'm on lets you create private groups. Don't know how useful that would be here though, but it's a cool feature on that forum.

That forum also lets you give positive and negative reputation points, which show up on the user's control panel with little messages about the post that is being given points. The Rep also shows up as a little meter below your profile picture. People with a lot of bad Rep have red/orange bars and people with good Rep have green bars.

And on that forum, we get to pick our own title. But I like them the way they are.

But someone said something about communication being a two-way street and it got me thinking. I've mentioned a few times that there should be an Ask Me Anything thread. People would submit questions and then you guys would answer them. For instance, in Knights and Dragons and Criminal Legacy, how in the world are points you get from winning a fight in war calculated? Because they seem random.

I'm sure you're busy now. But think about it. Would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Subscriptions would be good.
    Another forum I'm on lets you create private groups. Don't know how useful that would be here though, but it's a cool feature on that forum.

That forum also lets you give positive and negative reputation points, which show up on the user's control panel with little messages about the post that is being given points. The Rep also shows up as a little meter below your profile picture. People with a lot of bad Rep have red/orange bars and people with good Rep have green bars.

And on that forum, we get to pick our own title. But I like them the way they are.

But someone said something about communication being a two-way street and it got me thinking. I've mentioned a few times that there should be an Ask Me Anything thread. People would submit questions and then you guys would answer them. For instance, in Knights and Dragons and Criminal Legacy, how in the world are points you get from winning a fight in war calculated? Because they seem random.

I'm sure you're busy now. But think about it. Would be fun.
    This is all fantastic. I really like the Ask Me Anything thread. I think my biggest concern with that would be that we might not be able to answer EVERY single question, and that could cause unrest. But I like the idea of start this in each of the forums.

User reputation is another thing that is definitely worth giving some thought to. Again the concern is that it could be abused, but it is definitely worth considering.

The thing about titles is I personally don't want to be a "troll" or "gremlin", gabby or otherwise. This might encourage a new poster to spam, just to get rid of a perceived negative title. I would, if I were just joining.

I suspect that once the novelty wears off, people will stop complaining about the titles and return to complaining about other perennial favorites.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new