Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Open Discussion: Forum User Titles

Update #2: This has been turned into an open discussion thread, rather than a standard announcement post. Please feel free to continue to discuss the forum title changes, however please keep it constructive and on-topic.

Update#1: We understand that a number of you are dissatisfied with the new titles. While we will not be changing the new titles at this moment, we would love to hear suggestions from each of you about additional titles we could switch out or add in at a later date. They should be similar in nature to what we currently have, bonus points for alliteration! Throw your best ideas at us!

We are excited to announce that in an effort to bring a bit more fun to the forums we have implemented a new set of Forum User Titles that you will receive as you continue to post and engage on the forums.

A little about the titles and how they were chosen. Forums are all about talking, sometimes talking a little, sometimes talking a lot. Therefore for the first part of the titles, we chose various different words that mean "Talkative". For the second part of the titles, we looked at all the different games we have and the types of NPCs/Characters in each game, and drew from there. Remember, the forums (and titles) cover all of our different games, so it was important that we pulled from all genres/games, so that everything was included. At the most basic level each user title is a different way of saying "Someone Who Talks (Posts)".

Number of Posts User Title
    10 Mute Minion
    25 Talkative Troll
    50 Gabby Gremlin
    100 Motormouth Maven
    250 Articulate Aficionado
    500 Chatty Consigliere
    1000 Babbling Boss
    2500 Gibbering General
    5000 Verbose Virtuoso
    10000 Loquacious Legend

Please note that while we encourage you to post frequently, please do not spam the forums with unnecessary posts simply to increase your post count.

Aha! Thank you for the info Clementine!

My thread is now old news...

Edit: I shall expunge it from the database.
    Last edited by Sandhawk; 08-06-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Wow, this is beyond belief. Get rid of it immediately.

Talkative troll, hows about everyone in gree hq wears a shirt

I'm ignoring you
    I'm doing the opposite of what is good taste
    I'm doing the opposite of what the community wants
    I'm laughing all the way to the bank
    Talk to the hand

Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Wow, this is beyond belief. Get rid of it immediately.

Talkative troll, hows about everyone in gree hq wears a shirt

I'm ignoring you
    I'm doing the opposite of what is good taste
    I'm doing the opposite of what the community wants
    I'm laughing all the way to the bank
    Talk to the hand
    When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another. These titles are not intended as insults, but rather a fun way of showing just how active you are in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another.
    I remember when we had to kill Seal Team 6 in an LTQ. It is a top factions handle but I can tell you anyone who thought that was a bright idea hadn't really thought it through.

I do get it, however not everyone will and even in getting it I still don't think you call your members trolls. I think it is hilarious but its poor taste.

Come up with better ones and think it through

I remember when we had to kill Seal Team 6 in an LTQ. It is a top factions handle but I can tell you anyone who thought that was a bright idea hadn't really thought it through.

I do get it, however not everyone will and even in getting it I still don't think you call your members trolls. I think it is hilarious but its poor taste.

Get a grip! We call each other trolls all the time. We can't be hypocrites...

Besides, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended to be used in the sense that you are thinking of it anyway.
    It is a fantasy character reference...
    Last edited by Sandhawk; 08-06-2014 at 05:09 PM.

When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another. These titles are not intended as insults, but rather a fun way of showing just how active you are in then community.
    I don't care where the heck you get these cruddy piles of crap you call titles. Not everyone here gives a crap about those other games you got the titles from so we find them to be offensive when given to us since there is no connection between the player and that game. Make them specific to each games forum, or better yet, get rid of the dumb things and forget you ever came up with them. Just my 2 cents on your crappy idea.

Just for you mods, I didn't swear or use ** for bad words so excuse my repetition of "crap".

A reason for why I made this post. When people are referred to by names that in a situation like this take on a negative connotation, there is reason for them to be upset with their new title. I see how they were meant to be in good humor, but when people don't understand the reference, it is reasonable for them to question why these titles were implemented.
    Last edited by Evans; 08-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Thank you for sharing your opinion and how you feel regarding these titles, I always appreciate feedback. We put a great deal of thought into these and at this time, the titles will remain as they are. They may change in the future as we think of new ones, so nothing is set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    I don't care where the heck you get these cruddy piles of crap you call titles. Not everyone here gives a crap about those other games you got the titles from so we find them to be offensive when given to us since there is no connection between the player and that game. Make them specific to each games forum, or better yet, get rid of the dumb things and forget you ever came up with them. Just my 2 cents on your crappy idea.
    That is unfortunately the nature of the best when you have a forum that is home to multiple games. There are multiple types of players and users that you must think of. Some will love all the titles, some may hate them all, and some may only like half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post

Just for you mods, I didn't swear or use ** for bad words so excuse my repetition of "crap".
    Keep in mind that many players, including myself, do play more than one game and talk in more than one forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    Get a grip! We call each other trolls all the time. We can't be hypocrites...

Besides, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended to be used in the sense that you are thinking of it anyway.
    It is a fantasy character reference...
    Sandhawk, this is exactly what we were thinking of! We tried to find a way to get Zombie in there, but couldn't think of a word that means "talkative" that started with the letter Z. Still searching though. Might spend my entire life looking for that word.

The time should have been used to balance the game but this makes things more fun and I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    The time should have been used to balance the game but this makes things more fun and I appreciate it.
    Thank you. If they let me into the code to balance the games, I would do that for you. Unfortunately they wont let me touch it, or maybe fortunately since I would probably break it.

Unfortunately they wont let me touch it, or maybe fortunately since I would probably break it.
    This is already done on a daily basis. You could do no worse. lol...

Hey sandy,

I do see the funny side but its along the lines of bad taste. I call my mates names but if I called you the same names id be banned on here quicksmart. To me that endears me to my mates, to you id be an a--word. Know your crowd and what's appropriate.

We are not shown enough respect as is, for yrs we have asked to be able to sought our inventories by atk/def/alpha/most recent/in army. I even offered help from a Perth University to do it as it is not overly difficult for first yr multimedia students. What do we get?...yrs after being promised, we get a high to low sorting of the inventory.

I don't feel particularly chummy with our mods. I know I'm not alone there, and having them label my fellow members trolls n mute minions is not something i find particularly endearing.

I could go on but I want a constructive relationship that I can fill with hard truths with our forum mods. I know their intent was to be funny and they get credit for that and for that I'm willing to help them. But we can do a lil better IMHO.

I'm always up for a laugh.

Regards
    Bam bam
    Last edited by bam bam.; 08-06-2014 at 05:31 PM.