Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
One things I would like to clarify to everyone here is that the job of the Community Manager is to act as a communication channel between you (the users) and the Development Team. We take your feedback, complaints, requests, and provide them to the Devs in a manner and format that is constructive and understandable. We then discuss potential changes and improvements and the Developers take that and implement it into the game. A Community Manager will never actually touch the code, as we are not trained or knowledgeable in this area (we would end up breaking everything).

We are hard at work, constantly, gathering and delivering this feedback. Additionally we are constantly working with the teams to get more information about updates/status/feature for you players. There is a great deal of work to still be done in this area, we are aware, and we are dedicated to seeing the changes both sides desire.

In the meantime as we work on these changes, it is also our job to engage with you here on the forums and make them a fun and positive place to be.

Now, I understand many of you are frustrated, and rightly so, but let's please keep this thread on topic, friendly, and constructive.
Communication is frequently a two way street. Would you mind communicating some very basic information to us? Some very simple questions that could be answered by yourself or others:

Is LAW being shut down?
If not, any broad estimate as to when the Chronicles of War button will return and the next event start? Truthfully, I am not trying to lick you into a specific hour or even day...just tell us something.
With the delayed start, is it in an effort to eliminate the Android Hero Deploy/Duplication Glitch?

There have been so many suggestions made over the last couple of months. Can you truthfully say that any of them have been received by the developers and are actually being worked on? Which ones?

Some things that have been particularly troublesome with me have been the Bound Marauder item set not working, the Glade Sniper's skill not working, the false advertisement of the Tectonic Dragon as having a 50% item set then delivering a 35% item set....then compensating the top guild at the time but no one else creating an unfair advantage. Some of us have sent many tickets to Gree about these problems and all we get told is the automated responses from Gree and the eventual, no nothing will be done. People spend money on this game! Then we have all of these falsely advertised heroes that end up being broken and Gree refuses to fix anything. How about expanding the game a little beyond level 200?...maybe to 250 for now.

Communication is so important and it is a sincere two way street. Your customers have communicated hundreds, if not thousands of times, what useful information can you communicate with us? Please demonstrate that you can communicate. Give us just a little attention. Reply to a couple of posts per day. Give us some reasons why we shouldn't just quit. Please help!