Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Clementine,

The sub forums should be divided into useful outlets for information flow between user and interface.

General forum should be renamed so as to not be a catch all because as it states now people can post anything in there which contradicts faction recruitment, trade forum, and others. General is too general.

There should be a help or assistance forum so both community managers and users can make threads for assistance.

A suggestions forum so good ideas are not buried in consistent "general" topics.

You want to parcel information am discussions so users no where to go to a quicker response and easier for community managers to data mine that information.

It will clean up threads and posts allowing flow of information to be more readily accessible.

I posted to CJ about this a while back but it didn't go anywhere.

You could create a sticky of good ideas so ideas are not constantly regurgitated. Allowing members to see their ideas (good ideas) are captured.

Small forum layout changes will reap larger benefits to both the users and to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    Clementine,

The sub forums should be divided into useful outlets for information flow between user and interface.

General forum should be renamed so as to not be a catch all because as it states now people can post anything in there which contradicts faction recruitment, trade forum, and others. General is too general.

There should be a help or assistance forum so both community managers and users can make threads for assistance.

A suggestions forum so good ideas are not buried in consistent "general" topics.

You want to parcel information am discussions so users no where to go to a quicker response and easier for community managers to data mine that information.

It will clean up threads and posts allowing flow of information to be more readily accessible.

I posted to CJ about this a while back but it didn't go anywhere.

You could create a sticky of good ideas so ideas are not constantly regurgitated. Allowing members to see their ideas (good ideas) are captured.

Small forum layout changes will reap larger benefits to both the users and to you as well.

All brilliant ideas. Thank you. I have saved this to another document so I can work on some of these for you guys.

From original topic:

Number of Posts User Title
    10 Mute Minion
    25 Talkative Troll
    50 Gabby Gremlin
    100 Motormouth Maven
    250 Articulate Afficionado
    500 Chatty Consigliere
    1000 Babbling Boss
    2500 Gibbering General
    5000 Verbose Virtuoso
    10000 Loquacious Legend

Of these, I like "Articulate Aficionado" and "Loquacious Legend". Unfortunately, "Troll" is a longstanding internet label for an unpleasant person. "Chatty" might be true, but I wouldn't choose that for myself. Ditto "Gabby" or "Motormouth". "Babbling" and "Gibbering" bring to mind either idiocy or insanity, alas.

However I do like titles. They just need a bit of an adjustment.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Cool Let me check My Title....

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    This is all fantastic. I really like the Ask Me Anything thread. I think my biggest concern with that would be that we might not be able to answer EVERY single question, and that could cause unrest. But I like the idea of start this in each of the forums.
    You could open the ask anything thread once a month, once a quarter, etc. and leave it open for a set number of days. At the end of that time you could start to address the questions as many of them would show up more than once and it would be less cumbersome than trying to answer each post.

On another note I love how people are playing a game based on crime, but they are sensitive about being called names...

Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    You could open the ask anything thread once a month, once a quarter, etc. and leave it open for a set number of days. At the end of that time you could start to address the questions as many of them would show up more than once and it would be less cumbersome than trying to answer each post.
    This is a pretty nifty idea and would be pretty easy to implement in each forum.

The current user titles are derogatory and insulting. They are in direct violation of the Forum Code of conduct that is posted above this announcement thread. Change them back to what they were.
    Last edited by TRAZ; 08-08-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAZ View Post
    The current user titles are derogatory and insulting. They are in direct violation of the Forum Code of conduct that is posted above this announcement thread. Change them back to what they were.
    What did you say boss? You're babbling again.

They're perceived by some as insulting, which is not perhaps the same thing. I'm interested to see what the next round of titles might look like.

Delirious dictators. New titles for our forum moderators
    Tyrannical tyrants.
    Orderly oppressors.
    Insidious ignoramuses.
    You go up a level with every 5 bans, 5 ignored threads, 5 non answers, 5 half jobs, 5 ridiculous ideas.

And that's my 6.5mins up...

Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Delirious dictators. New titles for our forum moderators
    Tyrannical tyrants.
    Orderly oppressors.
    Insidious ignoramuses.
    You go up a level with every 5 bans, 5 ignored threads, 5 non answers, 5 half jobs, 5 ridiculous ideas.

And that's my 6.5mins up...
    Insidious ignoramuses is pretty funny! Not in relation to the mods/community managers but in general.

This will be my new go-to insult to someone in a lingual battle...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    Insidious ignoramuses is pretty funny! Not in relation to the mods/community managers but in general.

This will be my new go-to insult to someone in a lingual battle...
    Probably my last contribution to this forum so enjoy it lol

Don't know if I will survive this outburst

I think this is starting to feel like an illusion, you know? Hey guys look here at the new forum and our creative idea on how to rate how much you talk while under the curtain we still haven't fixed any of the major issues or given the players what they ask for. Smoke and mirrors is all this seems to be. Im guessing yall still haven't figured out the lag issue from raid boss events?

Came across this:

But I liked this better (from VBulletin forums):

"0 - 10 = Lurker
    10 - 30 = Newbie
    30 - 100 = Patron"

After Patron could come any number of NICE euphemisms for contributors to the forums. Hey, "Contributor" works!

I think the top of the heap could be Supreme Wordsmith (or words to that effect) ...

P.S. I consider game issues and forum issues separate; I don't expect game issues handled before neato (or silly) ideas for the forums. I think they are dealt with alongside. *shrug*

this is childish