Energy Requirement for LTQ 'Beasts of the Bayou'

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Energy Requirement for LTQ 'Beasts of the Bayou'

Post Count

Angry Energy Requirement for LTQ 'Beasts of the Bayou'

Just, wow. I'd thought some of the prior LTQs were pretty terrible as far as the amount of energy needed. Here, we have a 10 stage normal and 15 stage heroic.

Energy requirement. Insane.

What the f*** were you all smoking when you came up with this? 10/10 NORMAL is 50x mobs, 100 Energy a pop. That's 5,000 Energy for ONE STAGE.

I'd say a few choice phrases, but it'd get me banned. This is retarded.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Simple solution. Don't do it.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    True

Post Count
    Oh, I'm not. Just posting something that I know won't do any good to do, but hey, why not anyways?

Also, what is up with everyone going "Oh, just don't do it." anytime someone posts something about an event. Just because we want to ***** a bit doesn't mean that folks should jump in with the same canned response in every thread.

Plus, found out this morning that there was a mixup, go figure. Heroic is 10x easier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Oh, I'm not. Just posting something that I know won't do any good to do, but hey, why not anyways?

Also, what is up with everyone going "Oh, just don't do it." anytime someone posts something about an event. Just because we want to ***** a bit doesn't mean that folks should jump in with the same canned response in every thread.

Plus, found out this morning that there was a mixup, go figure. Heroic is 10x easier than normal.
    The canned response is no different than the canned gripe. Events are getting more expensive as prize stat value inflates. It's how Gree gets paid.

I am continually amused by the general mindset here that completing events is a guarantee or expectation. Where is it written that the masses get to complete an event free or at a reasonable energy usage rate? If the majority of events are completed easily or affordably, they are worthless, as everybody will get the stat spike, and money will be spent just to stay even.

There just seems to be this prevailing sense that everybody should be completing every event, and that is not how games are supposed to work.

Post Count
    Does anybody have the breakdown of heroic on the number of mods and energy requirement for each lvl?

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    A mixup? Not possible. There has never been a mixup in ANY of Gree's titles...

Post Count
    Just, wow. I'd thought some of the prior LTQs were pretty terrible as far as the amount of energy needed. Here, we have a 10 stage normal and 15 stage heroic.
    Energy requirement. Insane.
    What the f*** were you all smoking when you came up with this? 10/10 NORMAL is 50x mobs, 100 Energy a pop. That's 5,000 Energy for ONE STAGE.
    Not to mention the crazy xp gain. 10/10 normal = 30xp per hit, that's 1500xp for one stage only !!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Heroic is not nearly as bad as normal mode so far in my opinion (I'm on 12/15). The energy requirement starts at 15 per mob on level 1 and ends at 155 per mob at level 15. The mobs started taking two hits at level 8 or 9 and this means that the mob requirements per level is nowhere near 50 at 100 energy. On 12/15 it takes 17 mobs (11/15 was 15 mobs) and each hit yields 37 xp. This means the level (if you can one shot for 500 some damage will cost around 600 xp or double if you two shot). I am assuming that at the current rate, 15/15 will take about 23 mobs to kill and 2 or 3 hits at 155 energy and somewhere around 45 xp per hit.
    Remember, you don't have to participate in the events!

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    15/15 is 20 mob kills.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The canned response is no different than the canned gripe. Events are getting more expensive as prize stat value inflates. It's how Gree gets paid.

I am continually amused by the general mindset here that completing events is a guarantee or expectation. Where is it written that the masses get to complete an event free or at a reasonable energy usage rate? If the majority of events are completed easily or affordably, they are worthless, as everybody will get the stat spike, and money will be spent just to stay even.

There just seems to be this prevailing sense that everybody should be completing every event, and that is not how games are supposed to work.
    I think the general mindset you posted about comes from the fact that many players (too many) used energy glitches to complete past LTQs. Glitching IS cheating, but I won't argue that here besides saying it is not "part of the game" as so many have justified it. Glitching was never meant to be "part of the game."

Now that GREE is fixing loopholes and glitches, players aren't getting to finish for free or nearly free anymore and that is a bummer. To compensate the glitchers, GREE had to make LTQs ridiculously hard.... vicious circle. You reap what you sow.
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Who cares about glitching stupid LTQs???

The most money for sure Gree makes with War, Raid Boss, Leaderboard and Box Events.

So honestly, let players glitch Ltqs so they have at least a lil fun keft and get some rewards.

If all free players leave theres no more game left for the others.

And one other thing.... By giving players a chance to finish a LTQ many will use some gems to complete for sure, but if u make it so hard they don t stand a chance, they won t even go for it and don t spend nothing at all. Not sure some gemmers will compensate if several thousend players quit on ltqs.
    Last edited by GetItFixed; 08-07-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I think the general mindset you posted about comes from the fact that many players (too many) used energy glitches to complete past LTQs. Glitching IS cheating, but I won't argue that here besides saying it is not "part of the game" as so many have justified it. Glitching was never meant to be "part of the game."

Now that GREE is fixing loopholes and glitches, players aren't getting to finish for free or nearly free anymore and that is a bummer. To compensate the glitchers, GREE had to make LTQs ridiculously hard.... vicious circle. You reap what you sow.
    How shiṭty is it to design game events around the assumption that everybody uses bugs/glitches to finish them? All it does is GUARANTEE that people will use those bugs and glitches. And given that the last energy glitch that I know of was patched out of the game months ago, this trend becomes even more ridiculous and even more shiṭty.