Raid Boss Inflation - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Raid Boss Health Increase between Events Is

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • In line with achievable faction gains and fair

27 14.59%
  • Over the top and factions who are not top factions have no chance of keeping up

113 61.08%
  • Not increased enough to keep the event enjoyable

4 2.16%
  • Needs to be set at one level and remain there for an extended period

41 22.16%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Inflation

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    These poll results show that RB health is in a good place: most factions won't finish the whole event! AKA Only some players will get the full rewards. Tis as it should be! This has brought individual players out of the woodwork after spots in those factions that will finish. It tells me it's in a great place!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    These poll results show that RB health is in a good place: most factions won't finish the whole event! AKA Only some players will get the full rewards. Tis as it should be! This has brought individual players out of the woodwork after spots in those factions that will finish. It tells me it's in a great place!
    Yes, that's exactly what the poll shows. Any who read the poll and think raid boss is anything other than great and being handled well are obviously mentally disturbed. You are not only wise, your powers of deduction are inspiring. Thank you for your input. I wish all men would strive to be as brilliant and understanding as you are.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    To me it almost appears that the increase in RB health is based upon the increase in players Boosted Stat increases not in the RAW stat increase that is used in this event.

I have no problem with the events keeping up with the Average players stats, but how many in MW really had a 40% increase in raw stats since the last RB event? maybe 1%?

My Faction got within 2 levels of completing Normal last time without outside help, didn't feel like begging on the forums, and this time we are already struggling to get through level 17/22. We have all grown quite a bit and even have a few new players in house, but nope, can't compete with 40% increase in health.... so be it... have fun and slide backwards...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzj10 View Post
    The increase is a joke , factions below top 750 teams have little to no chance of finishing
    I wish gree would stop treating every event like we are all top 25 factions
    Yeah... I can hang with some small increase in difficulty once in a while to keep the game challenging as we grow. But what is the point of growing if we can never reach the goals when we get there? I have difficulty with the energy increases in individual LTQ'S, too. We could use some health/energy regeneration bonuses at all levels to go with the increased requirements. And make increases in much smaller increments like 2%.

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I say the health needs to be set and stay over extended period of time. We dont gain enough raw stats fast enough to keep up with the increasing boss health.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Lurker
    Post Count
    This is a P2W game, things won't change. I could think of a number of things that could improve this game, or at least somewhat make it fair for all. But hey, GREE is a business and businesses need money.

I would rather have a unfair Modern War than no Modern War at all.

Make it enjoyable

Either tier the event, or scale back. Players like me on top teams can finish, but this is a community game, make a tier acheiveable for smaller factions to keep interest.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what the poll shows. Any who read the poll and think raid boss is anything other than great and being handled well are obviously mentally disturbed. You are not only wise, your powers of deduction are inspiring. Thank you for your input. I wish all men would strive to be as brilliant and understanding as you are.
    I am so happy we agree. Good luck on your faction's masters raid boss. I'm sure you don't have any faction members clamoring at the gates of top ten begging for spots. It is a wonderful thing to be on the same page! Bless you!

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    If it's over the top that's better because you can never beat the gold players as a free player and that means your fellow free players who you can compete with also have it harder

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    I am so happy we agree. Good luck on your faction's masters raid boss. I'm sure you don't have any faction members clamoring at the gates of top ten begging for spots. It is a wonderful thing to be on the same page! Bless you!
    No, sadly my faction has been together for 1.5yrs and r loyal to each other. A quality not rewarded in this game. We did have 50% gold spenders at one time but the goal posts being moved one too many times has put an end to that. What was once 25 moderate gold spenders has now moved to 5 lite gold spenders.

No we can not touch even one master boss. We have our fun through our forum rather than in game. I believe this is the case for most factions outside the top teams.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzj10 View Post
    The increase is a joke , factions below top 750 teams have little to no chance of finishing
    I wish gree would stop treating every event like we are all top 25 factions
    factions in top 500 will have a hard time.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    No, sadly my faction has been together for 1.5yrs and r loyal to each other. A quality not rewarded in this game. We did have 50% gold spenders at one time but the goal posts being moved one too many times has put an end to that. What was once 25 moderate gold spenders has now moved to 5 lite gold spenders.

No we can not touch even one master boss. We have our fun through our forum rather than in game. I believe this is the case for most factions outside the top teams.
    Same here Bam Bam the goals are getting ridiculous and we have less and less gold spending. I used to buy a vault now I just buy a stockpile, same with many others on my team. Some I have played with for 2 years now or close to it. It is way to obvious that gold is not worth it like it used to be. I only play for my team otherwise I would sit and camp and see how much money I could save up.

The main issue with the raid boss is Gree's thinks that the huge increase will match our stats, it matches our stats with boosts but without them the increase is way too much. They should either keep it lower than it is now for like 6-8 cycles and then raise it depending on how much our base stats can actually go up (from events in the time period) or raise it every cycle depending on what we had gotten.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Pardon me, but I feel we are being a bit harsh.

The masters level was never intended to be achievable by the majority of the factions. Given that prestige can be completed by a large number of them, I believe Gree created a level that only few can achieve. While it would have been nice if the prize was an alliance defense, the 5% alliance attack is like a top 1 prize in WD, so I don't quite understand why people think it should be doable so easily. If some teams want to do it, let them. Perhaps some do it with their sheer strength, some others will throw gold at it. Let the teams that choose to do so go at it. But let's not fool ourselves that somehow it is unfair because not everyone can complete it. Heck, I'd wish I had those nice regen units from long ago too.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Pardon me, but I feel we are being a bit harsh.

The masters level was never intended to be achievable by the majority of the factions. Given that prestige can be completed by a large number of them, I believe Gree created a level that only few can achieve. While it would have been nice if the prize was an alliance defense, the 5% alliance attack is like a top 1 prize in WD, so I don't quite understand why people think it should be doable so easily. If some teams want to do it, let them. Perhaps some do it with their sheer strength, some others will throw gold at it. Let the teams that choose to do so go at it. But let's not fool ourselves that somehow it is unfair because not everyone can complete it. Heck, I'd wish I had those nice regen units from long ago too.
    We are talking about Prestige, not Master.