Favourites list. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourites list.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Most people hate this idea as i expected.
    Raiding and attacking was always an important part of the game. Before there were factions was that the only thing you could do, besides the crate event. Raiders are looking for good raids, when it takes too long to find a good base they loose interest. Well, most of you would say thats a good thing.... well its not. There are allready too many people leaving.
    All kind of players are needed to have a good and fun game. Raiders, campers, freeloaders, free players, goldusers. All are part of the game.

A little note to gree: You were on the right track with several playing fields for players for ltq. And make it worth to finish masters rb. Stay on track. Notice that you're falling back.
    Bolded is right. Raiding is "important" to the experience MW brings, but having a favorites list isn't that, its just farming. Use your news feed to farm if you want, but a list of "favorites" wouldn't improve anything. It would destroy the purpose of having rivals.

Why bother looking through your rivals if you could just favorite someone, or an alternate account, just to raid off of. It breaks the rival system, and could be easily manipulated.

Post Count
    All those fat juicy targets would just quit if they were pinned to peoples favorites list. Raiding should be work. Since you are too lazy to build your own income, you should at bare minimum be forced to actually find your targets rather than have them served up in a list.

horrible idea.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    All those fat juicy targets would just quit if they were pinned to peoples favorites list. Raiding should be work. Since you are too lazy to build your own income, you should at bare minimum be forced to actually find your targets rather than have them served up in a list.

horrible idea.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself

Favorites list: lazy and unfair to guys who spent their time building iph
    Are you in a small faction trying to grow and buy bonuses? Send me a private message, I'm willing to help out. 270M IPH.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count

horrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen2013 View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better myself

Favorites list: lazy and unfair to guys who spent their time building iph

You must be the type that cries when you get your high iph taken by raiders. I have high iph, but I still like to raid... or maybe I want to return the favor to someone that raids me. Currently the news feed drops off way to quickly to revenge raid those that I am able to.

I WANT the list so I can make people cry!

POT STIRRED!!!
    LOOOK INTO MY EYE...
    Join my faction--
    Must: use groupMe, make weekly donation, be active... simple as that.
    No: absurd WD, stat, level, daily donation minimums here.
    Leader matches all cash donations!
    PM me for more information.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhoan View Post
    You must be the type that cries when you get your high iph taken by raiders. I have high iph, but I still like to raid... or maybe I want to return the favor to someone that raids me. Currently the news feed drops off way to quickly to revenge raid those that I am able to.

POT STIRRED!!!
    I am not one that complains at all when I get raided at all, but where's the sport in raiding though in you have a favorites list? That'd be about as fun as going to the zoo with a shotgun when you want to go "hunting" instead of going to the forest and finding/tracking down your target.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

hit list

What about putting a price on players heads like a hit list you pay to make someone a target - mobsters 2 vandette on facebook had this feature

Lurker
    Post Count
    Is it possible and would it be a good thing to keep a favourites list on your rivals list? Some way of putting some rivals on your goody list where you always can visit them. Someting like the revenge list, but permanent. Low iph guys would love it. Campers would hate it. One thing is for sure, people would make sure to collect on time. And there would be more hatered and mud throwing. Any thoughts on this?
    I really don't like the idea of a favorites list given other dynamics that exist in the game (chiefly, difference in stats between players). I'm quasi-well off for my level... I'd say top 15% attack/defense for my level, and probably top 5% iph for my level.

All that said, there are a couple things Gree COULD do with the rival list that would 'spice it up.'

1) give us the option of leaving a 'note' about a player so when we scroll thru the list we can click on the 'note' to see the thoughts we left about that player before... Theoretically this should help increase raiding attempts as when you visit a base you could leave yourself a note like 'good iph, visit again'... Then when you go through the rivals list and those guys pop up again (randomly?) you could read your note... Savvy players would use the notes kind of like 'flags' marking a juicy target rather than just leaving notes about everyone...

2) when opening up a rivals list shade your "allies" as a different color... The whole concept of allies is kind of lost anyway. I can attack an "ally" with impunity... They more than likely don't know we are allies when they see me on their news feed... But if this were real life attacking an ally would sever the alliance. In MW the "alliance" feature is a afterthought.

3) along the same lines.... When attacking / raiding someone only allow us to bring non mutual allies to battle, but allow the defender to only bring all of their allies to battle (both non mutual and mutual). This would create an element of surprise... You never know how many allies you share with a potential raid / attack target... It could be 0, 10%, etc. but if you go into battle thinking you're bringing 500 allies and all of a sudden 50% of your allies bail on you because they are also allied with your attack target you are only going to bring half as many units... It creates a strategy element (you want to ally strategically) and a surprise element.

I'm just trying to think of ideas that are more than just tapping. The cycles are getting pretty repetitive. I'd like to see more strategy elements too.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
    I really don't like the idea of a favorites list given other dynamics that exist in the game (chiefly, difference in stats between players). I'm quasi-well off for my level... I'd say top 15% attack/defense for my level, and probably top 5% iph for my level.

All that said, there are a couple things Gree COULD do with the rival list that would 'spice it up.'

1) give us the option of leaving a 'note' about a player so when we scroll thru the list we can click on the 'note' to see the thoughts we left about that player before... Theoretically this should help increase raiding attempts as when you visit a base you could leave yourself a note like 'good iph, visit again'... Then when you go through the rivals list and those guys pop up again (randomly?) you could read your note... Savvy players would use the notes kind of like 'flags' marking a juicy target rather than just leaving notes about everyone...

2) when opening up a rivals list shade your "allies" as a different color... The whole concept of allies is kind of lost anyway. I can attack an "ally" with impunity... They more than likely don't know we are allies when they see me on their news feed... But if this were real life attacking an ally would sever the alliance. In MW the "alliance" feature is a afterthought.

3) along the same lines.... When attacking / raiding someone only allow us to bring non mutual allies to battle, but allow the defender to only bring all of their allies to battle (both non mutual and mutual). This would create an element of surprise... You never know how many allies you share with a potential raid / attack target... It could be 0, 10%, etc. but if you go into battle thinking you're bringing 500 allies and all of a sudden 50% of your allies bail on you because they are also allied with your attack target you are only going to bring half as many units... It creates a strategy element (you want to ally strategically) and a surprise element.

I'm just trying to think of ideas that are more than just tapping. The cycles are getting pretty repetitive. I'd like to see more strategy elements too.
    Good to see a constructive post.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    As a high iph account it would hurt... but I do like to mix it up. How about half bake it... they stay on for a limited time?

Isn't that the was the newsfeed is already setup ?
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Is it possible and would it be a good thing to keep a favourites list on your rivals list? Some way of putting some rivals on your goody list where you always can visit them. Someting like the revenge list, but permanent. Low iph guys would love it. Campers would hate it. One thing is for sure, people would make sure to collect on time. And there would be more hatered and mud throwing. Any thoughts on this?
    Great idea ! And why not also an "auto collect" option in the settings menu???
    Did u score 200k+ WD and you are not in a top10 faction, you have to ask your self : Why am I not in a top10 faction???

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...00-guaranteed-!!!

Post Count

POT STIRRED!!!
    Not at all and it happens all the time. I just don't want to play a game where someone with no meaningful income can set timers on my hood and beat me to it every day. Removes the incentive to build anything at all.

If they implemented this, I would do one of two things:

1. Quit outright and move on to a game that involves fun.

2. Sell all my buildings, put only you on my favorites list, download a timer app and make your income mine.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Not at all and it happens all the time. I just don't want to play a game where someone with no meaningful income can set timers on my hood and beat me to it every day. Removes the incentive to build anything at all.

If they implemented this, I would do one of two things:

1. Quit outright and move on to a game that involves fun.

2. Sell all my buildings, put only you on my favorites list, download a timer app and make your income mine.
    Max Power: Your posts are too logical and too well thought out. Please stop confusing the trolls with your common sense.
    Through chaos comes clarity