Why players were complaining about "collect all" - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why players were complaining about "collect all"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!
    Maybe that is what you have been told. Maybe that is how it was supposed to work by design. But in practice it is very different.

The fact is that in many circumstances the 'Collect All' does collect raided buildings. And there is a big difference between the Android and iOS experience on this issue.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like the collect all - you should always check your base to see what needs to be collected anyway , plus vaulting is habit for me anyway. The update also included Att/def of the current prize during events. It was a long time coming but appreciated : thanks gree

Post Count
    Yes Android is still collecting raided and partially raided buildings. Possibly an issue with the version not being up to date on either the playstore or 1mobile store.

Taaadaa at the best of times android updates have issues such as file sizes that are to large for some phones to digest properly. I spend a lot of time hunting down old files that the app has not properly flushed so I have no doubt that someone in dev told you it should work but the reality is it isn't or at least isn't for everyone.

iOS with the latest update on the app store seems to have fixed this problem and also seems to calculate and display all the building cash collected faster.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    I like the collect all - you should always check your base to see what needs to be collected anyway , plus vaulting is habit for me anyway. The update also included Att/def of the current prize during events. It was a long time coming but appreciated : thanks gree
    I have to admit I like it too, as long as it doesn't reset raided buildings which I purposely leave since I play very infrequently.

Hmmm I wonder if that was the IOS problem, I never went on the app store to do the app update since a server push did load a version of the app that had the collect all button. Since I updated manually it looks like the feature is doing what it is reported to do whereas the server pushed version didn't.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Although I didn't like the Collect All at first because of all the bugs, I do now that most of them have been fixed. But the raided building thing still persists. I hope it is just a version at the store problem as Agent Orange suggests.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!

Just curious if you've actually personally tested this on your own game ?

It it seems like there are mixed reports on this and I would tend to believe someone who is talking about what actually happened in their game over what some programmer explained what was "Supposed" to be the case

The he explanation about what actually shows up as raided vs a news flash of a raid seems to be a valid point
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    Android is still collecting all buildings, raided or not, fully raided and partly. Version 4.2.7, build 138.

The server pushed updates are all over the place on my test devices, phone = 4.2.6 with the latest push which shows collect all, one tablet is failing to get push to load is still stuck on 4.2.3.

Btw this is not some new issue with this current version(s) of the Android app this is common.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    lol. still working just fine here. But then I think it would be pretty useless if it dont work the way it shouldn't
    Last edited by sstuutss; 08-06-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Post Count
    I am on IOS.

The Collect All button does not "collect all" it only collects buildings that have not been raided. Been that way through all updates. I don't like it that way.

To me, collect all means ALL, not "collect some buildings". The whole purpose of the button is convenience, and to make it situational is not convenient. I realize that some people want to leave their raided buildings raided, but nobody took away the old style building collection system away from you. You can still leave your raided buildings raided, as always.

Perhaps the way to accommodate both playing styles is to have an either/or toggle switch to select "all" or "some", although that would be more programming. I imagine it might mean losing that annoying pop-up you get clicking on your first raided building telling you that you have been raided, as if that weren't obvious. Regardless, I would like to go on record of having "all" mean all.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thanks for taking the to write what I was thinking Max. Maybe gree need to look up the meaning of 'all' as well as 'soon'

Post Count
    Personally It doesn't matter to me which way it works I will adapt. But it would be great if things were consistent between IOS and Android!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Still waiting for answer from Mods.

Cat caught your tongue?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Personally It doesn't matter to me which way it works I will adapt. But it would be great if things were consistent between IOS and Android!
    100% agreement there.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Today it worked correctly for the first time. I don't think it will continue to do this but if it does I will be happy to post it here. I am on iOS and until today I had to make sure raided buildings first showed a raided flag which could take up to 10 minutes or force closing and re starting the app. Today it worked right without force closing. If I get raided while sleeping I will try to be sure to note what happens and post here. I feel very beta and still my faction mates are spending their real money. Imagine you were a pizza shop would cheese be a 'random' topping? You are a gaming company selling virtual bravado to addicts, make us feel loved or we will buy someone else's virtual bravado.

Post Count
    i honestly dont care either way, i still get my cash 1 way or the other but I must say while it is more convenient to collect when in the middle of a raid and your (high value) target hops on and decides to collect then... you've just lost a huge amount of cash
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/