Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Arcane Chest.

Arcane Chest.

Buy 80 chests for 2,999 gems, get a Blazestone+.

I bought 80 and got some great loot. List of all things I got:
    Code:
    2*
    Asura Armor x6
    Brawler's Armor x3
    Embersteel Armor x3
    Flowstone Battlegear x3
    Forgemaster's Garb x1
    Forgemaster's Garb+ x1
    Glacier Armor x4
    Lightning Lord Armor x2
    Molten Shroud x3
    Monk's Vestments x2
    Monk's Vestments+ x1
    Monstrous Garb x2
    Riverstone Mantle x3
    Riverstone Mantle+ x1
    Royal Flame Armor x9
    Royal Flame Armor+ x1
    Steam Wizard's Robe x5
    Stormrage Armor x1
    Stormrage Armor x3
    Torchflame Mantle x2
    Vinewood Carapace x4

3*
    Armor if the Infernal Lord x2
    Rocfeather Robes x1
    Sky Guardian x2
    Sky Guardian+ x1
    Swamp Shaman Robes x1
    The Dark Prince's Royal Armor x2

4*
    Black Kaleidoscopic Raiment x1
    Blackfrost Raiment x1
    Clayplate Mantle x1
    Combustion Armor x1
    Green Kaleidoscopic Raiment x1
    Guardian's Battlegear x1
    Hunter's Garb x1
    Mountainvine Shroud x1

5*
    Dragonborn Aegis x1
    Ravage Shieldplate x1
    Ravage Shieldplate+ x1
    Triskelion Wargear x1
    Didn't have any of those Epics so I'm pretty happy. Last time spending though, fortunately.
    no

I used my lunch money for next week to try my hand at 11 chests. All I got was 2* and one 3*. No legendary or epic. Guess I shouldn't use real money anymore since the chance for legendary or epic is not as it seems.

@ Sent- Great haul! 5 Epics, including the newest epic+, and no "older" epics, can't complain at all.

@ legalious- I opened 11, got the Ravage Shieldplate regular armor, I have had good chest luck the past two weeks, although before that I had terrible chest luck.
    I am unsure how much the 6x actually effects the chest, but I have definitely seen an increase in epics received from all of the people I am in chats with. Most people I know open 11 stacks, it seems they are either getting nothing, or 2-3 epics in one stack.
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

You spent gems worth roughly 245 euros (about 329 dollars) on this game, and you dont even pay to win, you pay to roll a dice and maybe win a tiny bit while getting mostly junk.

Are you aware that at that expense, what you get from it is ridiculously little?

For 245 euros, you could have bought on steam:

- Divinity: Original Sin (40 €)
    - Transistor (13€)
    - Civ V Complete (50€)
    - Skyrim Legendary Edition (30€)

Heck, now you got 112€ left to get a nice flatscreen. Oh, and you just bought 4 great games that will keep you busy for hours and that don't have glaring bugs and issues and glitches and connectivity issues and frustrating rollbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by mafoe View Post
    You spent gems worth roughly 245 euros (about 329 dollars) on this game, and you dont even pay to win, you pay to roll a dice and maybe win a tiny bit while getting mostly junk.

Are you aware that at that expense, what you get from it is ridiculously little?

For 245 euros, you could have bought on steam:

- Divinity: Original Sin (40 €)
    - Transistor (13€)
    - Civ V Complete (50€)
    - Skyrim Legendary Edition (30€)

Heck, now you got 112€ left to get a nice flatscreen. Oh, and you just bought 4 great games that will keep you busy for hours and that don't have glaring bugs and issues and glitches and connectivity issues and frustrating rollbacks.
    I spent $280. I hope you realize that some people have money they can afford to spend on a cellphone video game. And cool, I could have bought four games I would never play.
    Too bad I have:

Last, I don't watch tv so a flatscreen would be pointless. I'll take my three monitors any day.

Just remember that not everyone lives the same life you do next time you comment on someone's choices.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    I spent $280. I hope you realize that some people have money they can afford to spend on a cellphone video game. And cool, I could have bought four games I would never play.
    Too bad I have:

Last, I don't watch tv so a flatscreen would be pointless. I'll take my three monitors any day.

Just remember that not everyone lives the same life you do next time you comment on someone's choices.
    If you have money enough to afford throwing so much of it on a bland, repetitive, exploitative game, then that doesn't make it any better. Of course its your money and you can do what you want with it. You could give it to the Church or ISIS, for all I care.

Just realise this: by spending that money, you are rewarding people for their choices and their mindset.

Bottomline: Gree do not deserve $280 for K&D. It's because of ppl sinking so much dough into awful games that people choose to continue making games of the same quality instead of games such as Monkey Island or Baldur's Gate.

If you spend 280$ on something (the armors you got) that took maybe 0.00005 cents to "create", you might wanna reconsider.

If you have money enough to afford throwing so much of it on a bland, repetitive, exploitative game, then that doesn't make it any better. Of course its your money and you can do what you want with it. You could give it to the Church or ISIS, for all I care.

Just realise this: by spending that money, you are rewarding people for their choices and their mindset.

Bottomline: Gree do not deserve $280 for K&D. It's because of ppl sinking so much dough into awful games that people choose to continue making games of the same quality instead of games such as Monkey Island or Baldur's Gate.

If you spend 280$ on something (the armors you got) that took maybe 0.00005 cents to "create", you might wanna reconsider.

Again, stop telling people how to spend their money. We don't give two Yoshis about how much it took to create. Good for Gree, they created what all business' want, a low overhead with big income. You say "of course it's your money and you can do what you want," then continue to proceed with your idea's of why he (we) should not be spending money on KnD.
    I'm also wiling to bet you overpay for just about everything you buy. Gree obviously DOES deserve $280 for KnD.
    Why?
    Because that's what people are willing to spend. Your opinion is irrelevant. Facts are all that matter, and people can do whatever they want with their own things.
    Last edited by Clementine; 08-12-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Language
    Bulls on Parade

If you spend 280$ on something (the armors you got) that took maybe 0.00005 cents to "create"
    Go and make a mobile game as smooth as this one. Even with the glitches, Knights and Dragons is still a very polished game. Very few games on the market are as polished as this one.

Go design all the art for the levels, the buildings, the characters, the enemies, the armors.

Go code all of the game mechanics and all of the complex features.

Then go secure the server storage for all that information and user accounts.

And come back and tell me that it only cost you five hundred-thousandths of a cent.

Sure, they create these gems from nothing and it costs no money to have the game generate a value upon purchase. But you're not paying for the gems. You're paying for everything it costs to create and maintain the game. It's a free-to-play game, no one has to pay to play.

These people who make these games deserve to eat and send their kids to school, just like you do.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 08-12-2014 at 11:52 AM.

In total I would say I spent $30 in real money and the rest from videos and in-game rewards. So far 4 epics, with 2 almost maxed. I can see where spending a lot of money to get desired armor and rewards.

1 of my epics came from Celestial Chest by using the first 3 keys rewarded. The remaining keys were 2* and one 3*.
    Last edited by legalious; 08-12-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Go and make a mobile game as smooth as this one. Even with the glitches, Knights and Dragons is still a very polished game. Very few games on the market are as polished as this one.

Go design all the art for the levels, the buildings, the characters, the enemies, the armors.

And come back and tell me that it only cost you five hundred-thousandths of a cent.

Sure, they create these gems from nothing and it costs no money to have the game generate a value upon purchase. But you're not paying for the gems. You're paying for everything it costs to create and maintain the game. It's a free-to-play game, no one has to pay to play.

These people who make these games deserve to eat and send their kids to school, just like you do.

Well put Sol.
    Bulls on Parade

Just stopping by to say.....

Personal attacks on others for their choices and opinions is against the Forum Code of Conduct, so please refrain from doing so. Let's keep this friendly (or at least as friendly as possible), and remember that everyone's financial situation and reasons for making certain choices is different.

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    I'm also wiling to bet you overpay for just about everything you buy.
    Don't presume to know anything about me.

Gree obviously DOES deserve $280 for KnD.
    Why?
    Because that's what people are willing to spend. Your opinion is irrelevant. Facts are all that matter, and people can do whatever they want with their own things.
    I said above that you can do as you please. I laid out how your choices (and other people's choices) have a significant impact on the game genre and influences the makes of games to make exactly this: F2P games where people pay massive amounts of money for trivial things.

Once upon a time, rewards were given for effort put in. The so-called hardcore online games stretching back to Ultima, Everquest and the like.

If K&D was rewarding people according to effort (or skill, but there is no skill component at all in K&D), I could be among the top 5%. But instead it's pay 2 win, and I don't pay, so my armors are average, and anybody willing and able to spend tons of cash can buy (the chance of) better armor.

Most MMOs today instead do F2P, because there's more money in it. But don't think for a second that F2P or P2W is fairer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post

If this game was not making a profit, it wouldn't exist anymore. So don't come at me with the sob story about ppl deserving to eat and the like.

Unless you're a cell phone game developer and know more than me, I'll go with my own assumptions, thanks.

Without knowing specific numbers, all we can do is compare. And if you compare what value you get for $280, either the small chance to get good armor in K&D, or several high-class critically acclaimed user-beloved games of the year, I think it's safe to say that objectively, you're getting reamed in K&D if you let yourself be reamed.

Don't presume to know anything about me.
    I don't PRESUME to know anything. I said "I am willing to bet," It is called a bet for a reason, meaning I'm banking on that fact but it may not be 100% correct.

And yes you did simply lay out how that effects the game and how much money is worth a certain amount of games in a different setting. Then we said, we don't care, and you continue to try and tell us how we are wasting our money. No more needs to be said, but understand what it is you are saying before becoming hypocritical.

Yes, this game rewards those who pay, also those who grind. Yes P2P gets better rewards, but I also know people who ARE in the top 5% or maybe 10% without spending, or spending very little. Just being very smart about how to spend gems, fuse armors, etc. I understand YOUR thought process, and that's exactly what it is, YOUR'S. No better, nor no worse than anyone else's. I think it's safe to say you're only getting reamed if you didn't allocate your spending properly and you go over budget, if a person thinks its worth the chance, then they are not getting reamed as they deemed it acceptable.
    Long story short, everyone thinks different, stop telling people how things are then getting all upset when they correct you. Sol wasn't giving a sob story, your theory makes no sense, he was correcting it, do some research on how business' and money actually work.
    Bulls on Parade

Yes, this game rewards those who pay, also those who grind. Yes P2P gets better rewards, but I also know people who ARE in the top 5% or maybe 10% without spending, or spending very little. Just being very smart about how to spend gems, fuse armors, etc.
    Nah, grinding and getting near the top is history. It diminished greatly when guilds started reaching level 75 (part of the reason Majestic won first guild war was that we grinded more player slots than others) and after that when guilds started reaching maxed elements. (heck, plenty of people don't even seem to bother upgrading their Training Fields/Monster Nest to tier 3 any more because the guilds don't need the gold...)
    The only "grinding to the top" I can think of for the current state of the game would be VPN-ing for video gems all day.
    And since there's not really a "win" in this game, it's purely a "pay to stay at top" game.
    (KnD has in my opinion thrown away anything not named "war", "arena" (and to keep free players around and put presure on spenders not to sit back with their current armors I guess "epic boss"))

I know grinding; I'm playing a grinder right now. (Heroes of Fantasy/Pocket Knights/Hero Dream/Mini Knights/etc. Those silly Chinese giving the game a different name in every region of the world. Getting heroes and materials to level them through lots of money and little grinding gets prohibitively expensive there soon; someone would have to spend thousands to keep up/stay ahead of a no/low pay fanatical grinder...)

I understand YOUR thought process, and that's exactly what it is, YOUR'S. No better, nor no worse than anyone else's. I think it's safe to say you're only getting reamed if you didn't allocate your spending properly and you go over budget, if a person thinks its worth the chance, then they are not getting reamed as they deemed it acceptable.
    Long story short, everyone thinks different, stop telling people how things are then getting all upset when they correct you. Sol wasn't giving a sob story, your theory makes no sense, he was correcting it, do some research on how business' and money actually work.
    I think his point was that if people keep paying these absurd amounts for little gameplay and just a few pixes, that's where all the development companies will gravitaty, since you show that overpriced pixels has a much better profit margin than making a good game.
    You are an enabler to the overpricing addiction.

(not saying what I'm playing right now is "good"; too many artificial roadblocks in addition to the exponential progress time costs later on to delay getting to the "end", but technically you should be able to reach an "end" state where you have all relevant heroes and can finish all milestones on every weekly event...)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

$280 can get me a lot at the strip club...