beginner needs tips

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beginner needs tips

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Question beginner needs tips

I just dowloaded the game and wanted to know what things I must do in order to start of good, things like what to do with my money and what not to do. hope just 1 of you guys can help cause I don't want to be a level 30 with 10k stats, so please help me.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    but also what events to do and which events not

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Join a good active syndicate. . Don't do the ltq.s or rob or attack anyone.
    Grow your hood and have fun.
    Epic boss event is a good one for new people starting the game. You should be able to finish it. Just stay under lv 25 for as long as you can after that you.ll be on teir 2 which is a little harder.
    Hope that makes sence.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion24 View Post
    Epic boss event is a good one for new people starting the game. You should be able to finish it. Just stay under lv 25 for as long as you can after that you.ll be on teir 2 which is a little harder.
    Hope that makes sence.
    yeah kind of, but how do I find a good syn I can't just look in the list I will only find the crapy ones. do you have one/know one?????

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    and also what is tier 2????

Post Count
    dont try and level up as fast as you can , thats the one thing i wish i knew before i started !

Post Count
    Welcome to Crime City and the forum!

Put your skill points when you level up into energy & stamina, not into attack or defense, but try not to level up too quickly.
    Always have something upgrading in your hood.

Look in the Syndicate Recruitment subforum to find a syndicate... most require a chat app.

Good luck!
    Line ID: clementine88

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Some great tips in here! Welcome and glad to have you.

Keep it classy everyone!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey77 View Post
    dont try and level up as fast as you can , thats the one thing i wish i knew before i started !
    Don't try to figure out why this would be, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I guess we are not allowed an opinion in here. I guess Gree doesn't want people knowing the truth.

Post Count
    There is no spoon!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    A good way to grow is doing good in battle of empire city. This is basically an event where all syndicates go up against each other. The syndicate to score the most IP wins. The amount of IP you have after the war determines your syndicate rank. If you want to get a good individual prize, try to attack the highest levels with people under your stats and if you are really serious you can purchase gold to score more IP.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    A good way to grow is doing good in battle of empire city. This is basically an event where all syndicates go up against each other. The syndicate to score the most IP wins. The amount of IP you have after the war determines your syndicate rank. If you want to get a good individual prize, try to attack the highest levels with people under your stats and if you are really serious you can purchase gold to score more IP.
    Exactly not what to do..

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    You have no support to your reply on how this is a bad way to raise your stats... Maybe you could give better advice.
    Last edited by 1Shot; 07-31-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Post Count
    Hope that makes sence.
    No offense Champion24 - but your advice is basically don't play 80% of the game, only play the Epic Boss but grow your hood? With what, Pixie dust? you need cash and you need experience in order to unlock buildings and upgrade them. No 'Good' or high ranking syn is going to take on a newbie that can't contribute to the group (unless the syn is specifically targeting new players or a coaching syn - and they're out there - look at the recruiting sub forum).

My advice is play every aspect of the game until you reach about level 50, do turf missions, do side quests, do LTQ's, spend RP points in the store, get your stats up a bit, get on the forums and find a syndicate that's advertising for new players/in game training. If you're having fun you're playing the game right!

There's a huge following on this forum that you should keep your level as low as possible - it has merit, but that is one strategy, there are others - but it's up to you to decide what your strategy is, one account cannot generally be strong in every aspect of the game, but one account can be somewhere in the top 50-75% for the majority of the game and it doesn't involve missing events or not robbing/attacking people - in my opinion, it's more fun in the middle and its good fun to play all aspects of the game, so I have an account that does that, I have other accounts that are high stat, low level for particular events, but then they are boring as they only get play time a few days a month or are used specifically for Syndicate events. My favourite everyday account to play is my lvl158 with 12mil att and 13mil def - I can rob over 50mil per day without working at it, my hood generates 1mil Income per hour (which is low for a level 156 I'm told), its effective in all Syn events (except the epic boss) and has 4000nrg so can put a decent dint in LTQ's.

If you want to go hardcore, then spend gold, a lot of it - Champions strategy is a pretty good one if you want to specifically build a low level high stat character, but it's really only suitable for syndicate contribution on events, not for individual play.