Should a free event be included in MW

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should a free event be include in MW?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes a free event would be good for the game

95 85.59%
  • No its a free to down pay to play game only and should remain as it is

16 14.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should a free event be included in MW

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Should a free event be included in MW

Would you like to see a free event included into modern war.

Feel free to comment which way and how often you think would be appropriate and if you feel like it add why.

***^^^ sorry guys! should be "no, its a free to download pay to play game only and should remain as it is^^^*** ~ dont know how to edit the pole n can't be stuffed doing the thread over lol

Edit: where you play off against other factions. Seems people think I'm talking about events like raid boss and ltqs. This isn't the spirit i intended for the thread. A competitive free event. Faction vs faction.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 07-30-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Yes than we have a chance if getting good prizes as well

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Having more free events would make the game more popular and encouraging.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    But then you can see the real good players instead of gold good players

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jchow69 View Post
    Having more free events would make the game more popular and encouraging.
    More?. What free events do we currently have?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They have done so by handing out modifiers on normal finishes. You pay, you get extra...

Why would free player be able to finish a whole event?
    It is bad enough with stats these days as it is!
    Free players raiding some spending 1000s.

If you play free and find a good faction that allows you to freeplay into some nice units, good for you! but keep in mind who keeps this game alive.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    All events are free currently. Air is also free to breathe, if you want to import air from Tibet mountains that's your problem

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Technically, all events are free. If a person has high enough energy regen, they can even complete ltqs for free. If they have high stats and a decent health regen, they can finish epic boss. Heck, if a team of 60 works together, they can get top 250-150 for free. However, to get top 150 or higher and completing masters rb does require some gold and ither events as well if stats or energy/health regen is not sufficient.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern War Forum GF View Post
    They have done so by handing out modifiers on normal finishes. You pay, you get extra...

Why would free player be able to finish a whole event?
    It is bad enough with stats these days as it is!
    Free players raiding some spending 1000s.

If you play free and find a good faction that allows you to freeplay into some nice units, good for you! but keep in mind who keeps this game alive.
    Interesting thoughts, all valid.

I'm talking a faction event where gold is completely out of the question and xp isn't gained. I don't think free players can really touch gold spenders but yes moderate gold spenders can touch high spenders.

I'm also not saying remove gold. Just some strategy based events maybe once a quarter where you cant outspend to win. You must outplay and outsmart each other. Make it 10% of overall possible stats gain for the yr. top teams should in theory still posses the advantage. Why not just have 4 events a yr where its a playoff. A mini modern war World Series of who is the best. Not who is the richest.

*possibly an individual event but faction would cool

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    All events are free currently. Air is also free to breathe, if you want to import air from Tibet mountains that's your problem
    Name one faction event you can complete fully without reaching into your bank acc! Haha.

China wouldn't be too happy if I didn't go through them for this air. Hmmm

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'll concede the point some events can be completed without gold like raid boss (tho I'm not too sure how many can complete master without gold lol).

I don't know if gree has given enough energy regens in the history of the game to complete LTQs n FLTQs with current generation energy requirements.

I'm talking about a free war or a new strategy event. Sorry for not being clearer in initial thread.

Post Count
    Interesting, current ruling in the Eu says that Free App's that include IAP purchases can no longer be listed as a Free App.

At the end of the day Gree are here to make money, I don't see a 'free' event happening.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Interesting, current ruling in the Eu says that Free App's that include IAP purchases can no longer be listed as a Free App.

At the end of the day Gree are here to make money, I don't see a 'free' event happening.
    It needs to be enforced otherwise the EU ruling is just lip service. Also doesn't apply to all countries.

I could see it actually making more money. There is a lil thing in this world known as the intangibles*. Things you just can't quite name or put a finger on but have an effect. For example you go to a store and the clerk smiles at you. You go back time and again. Didn't cost much outside of effort for the clerk to smile but you visit more often cause its a good place to be. You are in a store, so you spend. Gree would actually make money off throwing in free events. Obviously not directly but the fact people get a chance to go up against the best every now and again would add an edge to this game.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 07-30-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Name one faction event you can complete fully without reaching into your bank acc! Haha.

China wouldn't be too happy if I didn't go through them for this air. Hmmm
    Current FLTQ can, we will as usual. Raid boss, epic boss. Anymore you need to know about?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Some pay with real money and some pay with their time. Know enough people on both sides. With some it almost seems they're 24 hours a day playing. Others are mia the entire wd and put their minimum required wdp in the last hours of a wd thanks to gold. Free events would kill these type of players. The ones mentioned as last.
    Last edited by steelhead; 07-30-2014 at 08:46 AM.