Dear GREE, A few suggestions to make the game better - honest.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dear GREE, A few suggestions to make the game better - honest.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Lightbulb Dear GREE, A few suggestions to make the game better - honest.

General stuff -
    We really do need a method of cleaning out old units.
    It would be nice to see the upgrade cost and benefit on a building even if you are currently upgrading something else. This will let you plan your next upgrade in a more timely manner.

I know you guys spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to monetize this game, but right now all you are doing is creating a 'pay to win' scenario that isn't sustainable in the long term. You need to give people something to buy that makes them feel good about themselves. Not just a way to win. A way to show off or be more popular. Here are some suggestions.

Seniority Buildings - Create a series of buildings that provide powers. An example would be a building that allows you to upgrade more than one thing as a time or the ability to pick from a range of enhancements (faster health, faster energy, etc.) depending on the event going on. Base these buildings on game seniority. Meaning you can't buy one until you have been playing the game for one year. A different building can be bought after two, and so on. Once you buy one of these long term player buildings, you get an icon on your stats window with the number of years you have been playing.

Consecutive Buildings - Like above, these buildings can only be purchased after you have logged in every day for a month or a year. You also get a badge on your stat page.

These buildings and star badges not only make you more powerful, but they brand you as a player that a faction might want. Someone with longevity and a proven record of being a 'daily player'. When factions see these badges on players trying to gain entry into their faction, they will know they are serious and might be a valuable addition to a faction.

These buildings can only be purchased with gold but you set the price at something low like $10 to $20. This turns the game from being a pay to play into a pay to get recognized.

We need new faction bonuses. For example energy regen bonus, health recovery bonus, etc. With incomes where they are, many factions have or will soon, buy every bonus there is. Other bonuses that can cost a lot of money would be the ability to see the stats of random enemies in battles. The more you upgrade that bonus, the higher percentage of the other faction you can see. Maybe bonuses that the leader can switch from one function to another depending on game play. Try to add a bit of actually strategy to a game that seems to lack it.

These bonuses can only be purchased with gold and you need to be able to donate gold to a faction to facilitate these purchases.

You need a way for a player to buy a bonus that applies to the entire faction but that HE owns and stays with him if he leaves. This would allow a player to have in his pocket a bonus that might increase the defense of everyone in a faction by 5%, or increase building output or health regen. But when he leaves that faction, he takes that bonus with him. This will allow not only factions to compete for players based on faction bonuses, but for players to be more attractive to factions based on the bonuses they bring with them. You cold also build in a multiplier function that increases the power of these bonuses based on the number of faction members that have them.

You might want to think about something similar to the eBay "Like" functionality where a faction officer or leader can give positive and or negative votes to players. If you do well and participate, you can be given a thumbs up. But if you don't do anything you may be given a thumbs down. Each vote also allows the faction leader to post a comment. The vote and the comment can't be deleted by the user. These votes will remain with you for 60 days so you will have the chance to either outlive the bad rap or try to get better.

You really need a better way to communicate. There are lots of third party apps out there for chats but for us iOS users, we have to exit the game to post and getting back in takes a lot of time. Hopefully in iOS8 you may be able to integrate better with chat apps.

That's all for now. Everyone please comment on these suggestions and let me know what you think. Who knows, GREE might actually do some of them.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

A few more....

A few more things.....

Faction Leaders and Officers should be able to do a group post to the wall of every faction member.

A user profile page needs to include the date of the last time they opened the game. Also the last date of a donation to the faction.

Collect All income needs to also collect from raided buildings.

It would be nice to be able to shift skill points around.

Inventory should be able to be sorted not only be value but by name and by date received.

Users should be able to establish 'tithing' percentages and faction leaders should be able to see these values. For example you might set it to 10% and then 10% of all of your income is automatically donated to the faction.

Faction members should be able to donate money to each other so that they can, as a team, help out weaker members to purchase things.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Really nice thoughts and ideas!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Factions need more officer rankings, at least a "co leader" that is able to do all the things the leader can with the exception of removing the leader.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Agree with the co-leader idea. It might also be nice if two or more factions are aligned or being run by the same leader or leaders, that there be an easy way to move players from one faction to another. Select a player, click on his faction alignment and you are given a list of all factions you control and you can reassign him to a different faction.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Incentives for leveling

I was wanting to see something based on level too. Give people a reason to level up. More money buildings or def buildings or units based on level would be awesome. Right now people sit around afraid to level, give them some incentive. There's money to be made here to as others spend it to level finally. (Maybe, if you quit punishing high level players)
    Space Monkeys United (SMU)

Bangkok - 99 (Boom! LOL)
    Argentia - 102 (heart breaking help us get over the hump!)
    Zimbabwe - 129
    Peru - 136
    Indonesia - 161
    Jakarta - 199
    Front Line - (Is terrible)
    30K WD points min and 200M+ Stats

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There should be a faction base. Haven't thought of anything else just thought a faction base would be nice being that military troops are not separated the way they are in this game.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Make it so faction leaders can BUILD STINKIN WALLS easier!!! Like one button to buy the level wall you want! It takes me like 3 days to get 60 L15 walls built tapping upgrade all those times from L2 - 15! It's dumb!!!
    God forgives - OSOK doesn't
    Recruiting now for a consistent top 25 team! Add me on line app Bytor12 for more details

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You should still be able to find out the upgrade costs for an item even if you can't upgrade it due to there already being an upgrade in progress. This will help players who want to plan these things out with regards to what will be upgraded next.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMacho View Post
    I was wanting to see something based on level too. Give people a reason to level up. More money buildings or def buildings or units based on level would be awesome. Right now people sit around afraid to level, give them some incentive. There's money to be made here to as others spend it to level finally. (Maybe, if you quit punishing high level players)

I agree with this for sure!!! I hear so many high lvls want to quit because they have worked hard to get here and all the new ones are coming in and getting stronger by sitting on the back burner. Crazy to punish someone for playing!!! Just my 2 cents worth.

Banned
    Post Count
    I like the group post and the purchasing walls ideas. My faction hates outside apps so that would be a huge plus. I also hate having to buying the walls one tap at a time.

Mods help me

Can a mod please ask someone to respond to this ticket I have had for several days? Name was carlos who responded to me last

My account was stolen by gree for 3 weeks, never told exact reasons, and I finally got it returned this week on Wednesday after they finished their investigations and found I did nothing wrong. I expect since I was cleared by the investigation, gree would do the right thing and award me all faction units I lost out on during that time as well as some of the ind units not tied to crate events and ind ltqs. I feel gree fu**** me over royally and I deserve some form of compensation for all the units I missed out on from being out of the game for 3 weeks. Or at least gold comparable to the units I lost out on.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Great thread, Texas Killing Machine (top25) agree with all these points. Thx Gree to work seriously on it

Lurker
    Post Count

Great suggestions

Thanks for your time I hope they listen to some of your suggestions . The game is getting a bit stale IMAO

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMacho View Post
    More money buildings or def buildings
    Do you really want def buildings? Defense 7-75 is joke with current stats!