Auction game or strategy game? - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Strategy or Auction gaming.

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strategy

17 15.45%
  • Auction

93 84.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Auction game or strategy game?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jchow69 View Post
    Ya, a free event would test many top teams as well, teams that normally fork over gold, to instead strategize and coordinate and come up with a real strategy. A true free event where gold or any form of real life cash would be irrelevant and not in effect of any part of this event.
    Is it wrong to say I would pay to see a free event like this?

If Gree plugged the glitches, and removed hackers and fixed all the broken parts of the game like the Edit Blocked player button that does nothing, I would consider paying for this game. As it sits right now I enjoy the strategy of a free player falling in the top 400ish wd and letting Speed ump and his team pay the staffing costs at Gree for me.

It would be interesting to see who would win a free WD. There is certainly strategy that can be used but many of the top teams are out of practice with strategy so there would be a big dust up I think.

Post Count
    Its simply money. No stragegy in any game except frontline.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannski View Post
    There is team coordination and strategy involved. I had to vote auction though.

At the end of the day if you told me a team of 60 free can beat a team with 60 gold users I'd have to laugh out loud. The only way that could happen is if the 60 gold users were completely drunk and missing the button when they try to tap... or the 60 free players are former gold users with Insane stats and the current gold users couldn't compete.

There is no strategy in the world that will allow a free player to stay competitive against someone using their gold for completing events. Now within the free group and within brackets of gold users strategy can be the differentiator. Not across tiers though. No way. The only way to get a spot at the top prize is to buy it and have a good bidding strategy. A.k.a an auction. A strategy without the cash to bid isn't going to do anything even against bidders who bring buckets of cash to the auction and no strategy.
    This is the correct answer.
    Through chaos comes clarity