Auction game or strategy game?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Strategy or Auction gaming.

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strategy

17 15.45%
  • Auction

93 84.55%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auction game or strategy game?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Auction game or strategy game?

So, is there any significant amount of strategy left in the game or are you purely buying a place on a leader board?. Highest bidder takes the place!.

If you believe strategy plays a significant part vote for that.
    If you believe top teams/individuals buy their place and no amount of strategy will bring you significantly closer to them without real world dollars being sunk vote for that.

Feel free to add your strategies below.

I'll start, team coordination has value but I believe not enough in events like war.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Free to Play - Pay to Win.

With very limited PvP events, it's all you against the machine.

There is no strategy left to this game.
    1. Collect cash
    2. Spend on upgrades, expansion, new builds, etc
    3. (Optional) Raid to get more cash.
    4. Play LTQs.

NO STRATEGY. There is some level of coordination for factions doing FLTQs, but no strategy.

Edit: Frontline does have an element of strategy, but more often than not, whomever has the deepest pockets win.
    Last edited by Arc9761; 07-28-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The top is all about money.

Lower down strategy and coordination can make a big difference.

Like many things in life..

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If you wanna play up top, open up the wallet

Post Count
    Strategy all the way.

For you perhaps yes, how far do you push your account, when you attempt to ban people. We get it. Were talking about everyone besides you and your fellow gree contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Strategy all the way.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Strategy all the way.
    In what universe? Not this one

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    I want the reward for finishing in the top 350 individual (+14% Air defense). I would also like the reward for winning 1500 battles (+5% Air Attack). If I win 1500 battles, I might be ranked too high to get the top 350 reward. I might need to chose one or the other. That is the closest I have come to strategy in months
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Post Count
    Mostly strategy, except for the box event and Frontline, where you're effectively given a choice of a free unit and a gold unit. Gree spent so much time on the user interface but all it boils down to is, outspend your opponent and you win; and for a 60 min war, not much happens for 55mins. Gree should have tweaked Full Assault and kept the game play aspects instead of giving us Frontline Auction.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There is team coordination and strategy involved. I had to vote auction though.

At the end of the day if you told me a team of 60 free can beat a team with 60 gold users I'd have to laugh out loud. The only way that could happen is if the 60 gold users were completely drunk and missing the button when they try to tap... or the 60 free players are former gold users with Insane stats and the current gold users couldn't compete.

There is no strategy in the world that will allow a free player to stay competitive against someone using their gold for completing events. Now within the free group and within brackets of gold users strategy can be the differentiator. Not across tiers though. No way. The only way to get a spot at the top prize is to buy it and have a good bidding strategy. A.k.a an auction. A strategy without the cash to bid isn't going to do anything even against bidders who bring buckets of cash to the auction and no strategy.
    Last edited by Jannski; 07-28-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas aequitas View Post
    For you perhaps yes, how far do you push your account, when you attempt to ban people. We get it. Were talking about everyone besides you and your fellow gree contractors.
    If I had a picture of someone playing the smallest violin in the world, I would post it, but I don't. Grow a pair will you.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GaDawg85 View Post
    In what universe? Not this one
    You can have as much gold as you want. Without a good communications channel and active members, it would mean very little.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

No strategy at all

Quote Originally Posted by Paisthecoolest View Post
    I want the reward for finishing in the top 350 individual (+14% Air defense). I would also like the reward for winning 1500 battles (+5% Air Attack). If I win 1500 battles, I might be ranked too high to get the top 350 reward. I might need to chose one or the other. That is the closest I have come to strategy in months
    You talk about simple choice betweeen two options.

Coordination in FLTQs is tactics and not strategy.

There is no strategy today in this game and all other similar games. You buy your rank in the leader board only.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Micky is correct. If the game were completely free, there are still some teams who will consistantly do well. Then people will deride them for being nerds with no life other than the game. Oh, never mind, they already do that. As with anything you do in life, the effort you put into it is reflected to some extent in the results.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Strategy - defining a long term plan of actions or outcomes
    Tactics - the specific actions taken to implement the strategy

So there is both Strategy and tactics.

The strategy may well be to complete all faction events, place in position xxx in war and finish level n of Raid boss, along with growing the faction.

The tactics then are defined by the strategy.

One of the tactics is how much gold you spend or expect your members to spend, As a consequence your strategy has to take account of the impact of those decisions. We all know it is not possible to get to certain levels without Gold spend as there is only so much that you can achieve free.
    Last edited by Rob TRK; 07-28-2014 at 06:39 AM.