A suggestion to remove level requirements from maps (regarding LTQs)...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A suggestion to remove level requirements from maps (regarding LTQs)...

Articulate Author
    Post Count

A suggestion to remove level requirements from maps (regarding LTQs)...

So, as we all know, maps have a level requirement that makes you reach a certain level before you can play the map.

Unfortunately, it's likely that level requirement which results in Gree's various LTQs using the same 6-8 maps over, and over, and over...

I'd completely mastered those early maps long ago, but I still have a good 20 or so of the later maps that I need to master (and before someone comments that mastering is useless beyond getting the skill point, I know, and agree, but what can I say? I'm a completionist). And it'd be nice to get a "2 birds, 1 stone" approach with the LTQs in regards to map mastery.

So, I end up killing loads of enemies for those LTQs that do no good in relation to map mastery, as I'm sure is the case for most long term players.

I propose removing level requirements for the maps. They're kind of pointless anyway, since the higher HP for the enemies on those maps and Energy required per hit will likely keep lower level players focused on earlier maps anyway until they level up. They can still participate in LTQs if the map level requirement is done away with.

This would allow more freedom for the developers to have LTQs on later maps, so all players can still participate and all players (or the vast majority who haven't mastered those maps yet) will also benefit from advancing their kill counts on those maps.

And since LTQ enemies already have set Energy Point amounts, and only will stick around to the end of the event anyway, it doesn't unbalance the game in any way (as far as I can tell).

Anyone else think this would be preferable to the continued use of the same early maps?

Post Count
    A great idea and one already implemented in MW (I believe). It would be nice to visit some different maps for a change.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin (ESq) View Post
    A great idea and one already implemented in MW (I believe). It would be nice to visit some different maps for a change.
    Exactly. And thanks. I really don't see the point in keeping some maps locked until you reach a certain level. The Energy Cost and Health/Hit Points of enemies on later maps would be a natural deterrent anyway for lower level players.