Energy randomly disappearing and reappearing

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy randomly disappearing and reappearing

Post Count

Energy randomly disappearing and reappearing

Why has this been happening the last month or so?

What just happened now:

I had 110 energy left. I attacked a mob for 60 energy and killed it in one hit. I then had 9 energy remaining. Why? What the plant? I should have had 50 left.

So I close the game down, restart my ipad and when I get back into the game I have 22 energy. First of all, I don't regenerate nearly that fast. I was out of the game about 60 seconds so I should have gained a single tick of energy, perhaps two if we're being cautious. I regenerate 4 energy per tick and my guild has +10% faster regen. At most I should have gained 8 energy and been at 17. Even if I gained an extra tick that would have put me at 21, not 22. In fact, if I have 9 energy at any time it will be impossible for me to ever gain energy up to 22. I will gain to 21 and then to 25 afterward.

These random gains and losses are more Gree butter.

Edit:
    Leaving the game closed for 9 or 10 minutes and now I have 89 energy. Figure that one out.
    Last edited by the_bob; 07-23-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Post Count
    I would love to know the answer to this too, I have noticed the same thing and it has been driving me mad trying to figure out why. I don't think it has anything to do with syncing to the server, it happens immediately after hitting the mob and vaulting gold has no effect on my energy level.

On the plus side, it seems to balance itself out in the long run - but it sure doesn't encourage me to buy a refill if some of it will vanish temporarily.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason SS View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with syncing to the server, it happens immediately after hitting the mob and vaulting gold has no effect on my energy level.
    Soon after I posted that I went back in game, hit 2 mobs and then lost my remaining energy while vaulting my gold. 😡

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    You vaulting ur gold after hitting a LTQ mob? 50 gold couns really must be worth of.....

Post Count
    Yes, this has been frustrating. I've been experiencing the same false inflation of energy

Post Count
    My guess is that the guild energy boost is randomly applied/taken away with the app and the server getting out of sync. My guess is this'll be fixed in 6-12 months.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Interesting. Passing this along to be looked into.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomUser View Post
    My guess is that the guild energy boost is randomly applied/taken away with the app and the server getting out of sync. My guess is this'll be fixed in 6-12 months.
    If this were true, why do I randomly get energy ticks of +5 instead of +4? Guild boost wouldn't effect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Interesting. Passing this along to be looked into.
    I just leveled up to 152 which put me to full energy of 1610. I did one attack on a mob for 125 energy (he missed so I didn't lose any on hit back). This completed the step of the iLTQ I was on. I then changed maps for the next step of the quest and when I got there my energy dropped to 1320 for no reason.

Also, interesting edits to my original post.
    Last edited by the_bob; 07-24-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much retired now but come to the forums out of habit. I submitted this ticket to gree some time ago. The problem is beyond energy. Any boost you have can be randomly taken away.

Here his a hint and you will see the proof - if you look closely at the energy bar when it ticks down to zero there is a gree number that pops up for a second. My guild has the 25% energy boost. I should get 6 every time but sometimes it comes up as 5. At that point I would relong and all the energy I should have been getting would show up! I always would look at the regen or do the math before I killed anything because if you kill something the energy you should have had will not come back sometimes.

If you have logged of for a few hours ALLWAYS check before you hit especially if you are doing a energy use LTQ.

I think the problem stated above is connected to the randomness of % bonuses being applied.

The same thing happens with honor in fighting and raids. That why you can have +6 honor per raid combo with + 50% honor payout per raid and com up with only 7 honor on a raid. Do the math it's impossiable because you get at least 1 honor standard from a raid. I have done all the math and in no combination with my payout and bonuses should have gotten below 8 per raid yet I would sometime get NO % bonus. I assume it gets dropped sometimes for some reason

In my research I found guild energy bonuses tend to drop more than anything else but honor payouts came in second. Health bonuses rarely drop and only during wars not raid bosses. I must also give a little credit as the last 3 wars the health regen was always correct and never dropped but keep an eye on it.

Whipped this out quickly hope it was clear

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    If this were true, why do I randomly get energy ticks of +5 instead of +4? Guild boost wouldn't effect that.
    If your guild boost causes your per minute energy boost to have a decimal place (say 4.25 energy/minute), most times you'll get 4 energy per minute, but every 4th tick, you'll get 5.

I see this quite often with gold boosts - you can collect from the same building over and over and now and then it will vary by 1 gold, depending on how the fractional gold is being rounded. To be clear, I think internally the program keeps track to 1 or more decimal places, but when displayed to us, it rounds off.

To further clarify, the displayed change in whatever - energy, gold, etc. is the difference between rounded internal numbers. So if you had 100.2 gold and collected 100.4 gold, You'd end up with 200.6 gold and the game would show you collected 101 gold. (Final rounded - initial rounded.) If you collected another 100.4 gold, however, it would only show you collected 100 gold for the 2nd collection, even though you're collecting exactly the same amount each time.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    For those experiencing this, could you please send me your in-game name and code?

Thanks.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Still happening
    Info sent
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Yup still happening here as well.
    It had been working normally after I sent in my information, but then it went back to random energy regens

Post Count
    I have an unresolved ticket in on this, I sent screenshots, as I am seeing the same problems. My regen in my current guild was a solid 5 per min, as I have the 33% personal regen bonus. After I got the infantry rune is when the problem started, I am mostly at 4 regen, but do get the occasional 5, as stated, I have always been 5, never 4. My pics are too big to attach here, but username is Hiphopopotamus, request 1833095 via Ben Scott

Post Count
    I have same error with my energy per min going from 8 to 7 when it should be a steady 8 pm sent as requested.now I get 8 now but there should be a 10% energy bonus added so should be 9 per minute?
    Last edited by Totalwar; 08-18-2014 at 02:46 PM.