Lol...so let me get this straight - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lol...so let me get this straight

Consistent Contributor Mr Art0is's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Wait, wait, I think I see your problem.......
    -
    and I think CJ spent more time banning those reporting and complaining about hackers than actual bona fide hackers. I lost three of my accounts that way with him......
    Looks like you lost a fourth as well

Articulate Author Major Elvis Newton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Whining will get you everywhere lol
    Add my mini
    modern war 401 427 287

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm just waiting for my account to be lost with some update. Send in a ticket. Answer the auto bot response with the same information again. Wait a week to be ignored. Contact Apple to get my 60$ i spent on this game over the past year.

Then have a I quit Gree game party in my house!

SO plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lose my account Gree I know you can do it!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyminiMW View Post
    . I didn't buy the account it was just given to me.
    Which is of course what everyone that brought an account would say, which is why its against TOS.
    Its a pretty simple rule isn't it?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Transferring your account to another device is not what breaks the ToS. Selling/Transferring an account to a different person is what can result in a ban. Players found to break the ToS (any section) can be banned.
    Also you can put anything you want in a TOS, but whether the terms as a whole or in part will hold up in the California Courts is another thing. The great "unconscionable" argument can make any terms of a contract invalid based on how unfair/unreasonable their enforcement would be.

I wonder if Gree legal team compares to their costumer support team hmmmmm

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Huj View Post
    Also you can put anything you want in a TOS, but whether the terms as a whole or in part will hold up in the California Courts is another thing. The great "unconscionable" argument can make any terms of a contract invalid based on how unfair/unreasonable their enforcement would be.

I wonder if Gree legal team compares to their costumer support team hmmmmm
    good luck, but I think your legal team will tell you to forget it or at least they should but maybe they want some of your cash as well.

Post Count

Where do I find these rules?

Transferring your account to another device is not what breaks the ToS. Selling/Transferring an account to a different person is what can result in a ban. Players found to break the ToS (any section) can be banned.
    I have been playing for 2 years now and have never seen these rules. Where are they located? I would like to read them so that I am aware of the things that you can and cannot do in this game. I don't mean to sound so ignorant, but what is ToS?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Since I'm not a computer guy I can only speculate as to how Gree would know that an account was transfered to another person and not just a new phone.
    Do they read the GPS and know that we suddenly moved 1000 miles overnight? If so, I'm planning some international travel within the next few months, will I be banned? Should we notify Gree of our vacation plans in advance?
    Maybe Gree works with the NSA. This makes more sense since they can turn on our cameras and watch/listen to us play. I guess it would be easier to see that we both changed our location and our appearance. After all, Gree is located in the tech capital of the world. They might be trying to watching me type this right now. Guess the black tape over my camera will pay off.
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    I have been playing for 2 years now and have never seen these rules. Where are they located? I would like to read them so that I am aware of the things that you can and cannot do in this game. I don't mean to sound so ignorant, but what is ToS?
    You can find the ToS here: http://gree-corp.com/terms

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sstuutss View Post
    Which is of course what everyone that brought an account would say, which is why its against TOS.
    Its a pretty simple rule isn't it?

Pretty simple message isn't it?

Simply put transferring an account has zero impact on gree and their profits so why is it against ToS? If someone quits the game and isn't playing why not sell/give their account to someone who will continue to play and heck maybe spend more money with the account. Zero impact on gree, zero impact on players.

Simple rule that isn't so simple.
    Last edited by Tadaaah; 07-23-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Removed Insults

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sstuutss View Post
    good luck, but I think your legal team will tell you to forget it or at least they should but maybe they want some of your cash as well.

Not talking about me and my $60. I'm talking about the addicted dummies who blow through $10,000 to $100,000 on this game. There is sadly MANY of these! lol

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    One of the components of Section 8 states that:

"You shall not rent, lease, sell, trade or otherwise transfer to anyone your Account or any virtual items or virtual currency associated with your Account"

This is meant to stop people from selling in-game things to others for INDIVIDUAL profit and benefit, which is understandable; making money off of something that isn't yours isn't the most legitimate thing to do. Looking at it from a GREE point of view, a full player account can be considered an in-game "item", and they don't want them to be sold by people not affiliated with GREE.

Now, unlike virtual items and currency, an account will continue to make money for the company, no matter who is controlling it. One would think that people willing to buy a used MW account would be willing to spend money in-game on it. I'm not sure if GREE is legally required to put these rules into their Terms of Service, but why would you eliminate new sources of profit as older ones leave?
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    Since I'm not a computer guy I can only speculate as to how Gree would know that an account was transfered to another person and not just a new phone.
    Do they read the GPS and know that we suddenly moved 1000 miles overnight? If so, I'm planning some international travel within the next few months, will I be banned? Should we notify Gree of our vacation plans in advance?
    Maybe Gree works with the NSA. This makes more sense since they can turn on our cameras and watch/listen to us play. I guess it would be easier to see that we both changed our location and our appearance. After all, Gree is located in the tech capital of the world. They might be trying to watching me type this right now. Guess the black tape over my camera will pay off.
    Lol... Laughed at this one. It's quite simple, get reported by a sup if your OSW and vice versa! There is no way in he double hockey sticks gree is "going thru their records" and notice someone other than the persons email that started the account is now playing. Back to my original point, they do notice, who gives a rats..... So what.... If the new player is not committing another and much more impacting ToS offense then go back to fixing the real issues of the game! If some smuck is willing to for over real cash for a player then so be it. The player is still in rotation and more than likely spending cash and giving Tadaah a job. Bizarre bizarre bizarre

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You can find the ToS here: http://gree-corp.com/terms
    You may use the following specific Service Materials only as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service:

Share Image. A "Share Image" is a specific in-application image identified by GREE and enabled for sharing as expressly permitted as follows. You may make a Share Image available only to other GREE users and only via GREE’s social networking service.
    Friend Code. A "Friend Code" is a specific code provided by GREE. Users may share a Friend Code only on Facebook and Twitter, and only as an invitation to join the Service to contacts on those third party services.
    Screen Capture. A "Screen Capture" is a screenshot saved by a user via an in-application function. Users may send Screen Captures solely to their contacts on Facebook and Twitter, and only in unmodified form.

I've seen people posting screenshots on group me, some of them have even been modified. Should I send in a ticket?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    You may use the following specific Service Materials only as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service:

Share Image. A "Share Image" is a specific in-application image identified by GREE and enabled for sharing as expressly permitted as follows. You may make a Share Image available only to other GREE users and only via GREE’s social networking service.
    Friend Code. A "Friend Code" is a specific code provided by GREE. Users may share a Friend Code only on Facebook and Twitter, and only as an invitation to join the Service to contacts on those third party services.
    Screen Capture. A "Screen Capture" is a screenshot saved by a user via an in-application function. Users may send Screen Captures solely to their contacts on Facebook and Twitter, and only in unmodified form.

I've seen people posting screenshots on group me, some of them have even been modified. Should I send in a ticket?
    Sweeeeeet find!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this.

@Taadah... What should I put in the subject line to support? I'm being dead serious. These are your ToS and if your seriously going to ban folks for section 8 you can ban for this. Both are completely lame but no picking and choosing.

I had a buddy banned for section 8, he had the player since it was a level 50 or so and was nearing 300. Got it from a guy who quit looooong ago, no cash traded hands but for sake of trolls there was, WHOOOOOOOO CARES! Anyway he built the player up and because of some complete nut jobs in this game that feel threaten by the loss of pixels was turned in to gree for having a section 8 account...no hacking, no glitching, no illegal dragon commander planes that are still all over the place, just a normal account that tons of cash was pumped into..... Seriously, the response given when inquired about was "after going through our records"...... Come on.....

I will not rest either in this forum or in game until I see that known section 8 offenders are banned just like my friend! Even though I don't agree with the whole thing.