Lol...so let me get this straight - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lol...so let me get this straight

Post Count
    Plenty of characters banned for Section 8 infringements, it’s a sign of the times. I know 4 players who have been banned for trading characters, rightly so. This is a Gree platform, you play FOR FREE, and it’s YOUR choice to spend money on the game. If you aren’t happy, do what a lot have done and quit.

If you read Gree's TOS, there is no room for conjecture, we are not in possession of the full facts, and we don’t have the rights to the facts, only Gree has those.

Post Count
    And it would have been you that reported those players I assume?

This is a farce, an account over 2 bill attack has probably cost the user in excess of 20k to get to that level. If the user then chooses to quit why cant the account be gifted to the faction? There is no financial gain, and the new user will keep buying gold so Grees revenue stream remains constant. If an account is sold lets say for 1k how is user making a profit if it has cost 20k already?

Some well known names are selling accounts in MW, and not hiding but as they are affiliated with the top team I presume they are ignored.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zineye12 View Post
    And it would have been you that reported those players I assume?

This is a farce, an account over 2 bill attack has probably cost the user in excess of 20k to get to that level. If the user then chooses to quit why cant the account be gifted to the faction? There is no financial gain, and the new user will keep buying gold so Grees revenue stream remains constant. If an account is sold lets say for 1k how is user making a profit if it has cost 20k already?

Some well known names are selling accounts in MW, and not hiding but as they are affiliated with the top team I presume they are ignored.
    You assume wrong, but, I'll be blamed anyways because, as usual, Gree will be accused of favoritism and SUP will be accused of this and that and that and this. Any player found to have broken Section 8 will be banned, doesn't matter which faction they are in.

Players get banned for violating the TOS all the time, they don't come on here and whine, generally, because they are aware of the TOS.

You are making the mistake of believing this game is a democracy, it's not, Gree own all the data related to the game and us as players have no right to second guess the TOS you agreed to when logging into the game for the first time.

Not to sound like a broken record, if you, as a player, find people are selling characters illegally then why don't you report them to Gree. Let Gree sort them out.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Poor Toby. I'm guessing I know who your friend is, and the facts are definitely not as you stated. Gree catches people for section 8 when they send in service tickets. Emails are diff. Now you have to prove.

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Poor Toby. I'm guessing I know who your friend is, and the facts are definitely not as you stated. Gree catches people for section 8 when they send in service tickets. Emails are diff. Now you have to prove.
    Speedy, you want us to believe Gree Support checks each ticket that comes in, cross-references whether the player used a different email on past tickets and if there is a discrepancy, *poof* you're gone? Come on mate, that's just a flight of fancy. Why?

A. You are talking about the same crowd who don't even bother to read the tickets and just send an automated reply that 9 times out of 10 won't have any bearing on the ticket itself. Are we expected to believe they are sophisticated enough to do this exercise? I think not.

B. I personally used lots of different email addresses to contact Gree in the past - work, my own POP3, gmail, whatever was most convenient at the time. Does that imply I transferred my game? No, it does not. How did Gree know I didn't transfer my game despite these different emails, yet as if by magic they can finger the ones that have actually been transferred?

No, mate. Something else is going on here. Dunno what, and I don't really care anymore (even though I am now retired, having obliterated my base so I can never fall back into Gree's clutches, I still feel I can participate in these little chats given the extrodinarily stupid amounts I have spent).

As usual this will probably become a slanging match between OSW and SUP. The real elephant in the room that everyone should be focusing on, which Gree refuses to acknowledge is this: if they could only manage to get their fingers out of their nether regions, if they could produce a quality product without the amateur glitches and errors, if they could staff their support team with people who actually give a monkey's about the game and the company, then people would not even WANT to transfer their accounts. Heck, I would probably not have destroyed my base.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sorry danger, didn't realize you meant the forum. No screwy, I seriously doubt they check them all. I know a few in other sup factions that were banned for this same reason. Personally I don't see the issue with it, but it's not my rules, so I must abide by them as stated, or leave the game. I agree with some of what's been said here about those games. In this case it's obviously an ows player. The difference I guess is that when it's happened to one of ours, we havnt come here to cry about it. If you're going to violate the rules, then be prepared to take the possible consequences too. It's pretty funny that everyone thinks gree caters to sup. I have as many tickets with plug and play responses as anyone, of not more. Looks like they finally got those valor units removed from my one game. Mostly the ones crying the most about our efforts are the cheaters themselves.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Allow me to shortern it so maybe people will understand
    Quote Originally Posted by General Soviet View Post
    "You shall not transfer to anyone your Account"
    Clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Zineye12 View Post
    This is a farce, an account over 2 bill attack has probably cost the user in excess of 20k to get to that level. If the user then chooses to quit why cant the account be gifted to the faction? There is no financial gain, and the new user will keep buying gold so Grees revenue stream remains constant. If an account is sold lets say for 1k how is user making a profit if it has cost 20k already.
    Because thats one less player in front of me and maybe one more behind. If a noob wants to buy is way in front of me thats fine. Just not by cheating and getting some elses account.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    You may use the following specific Service Materials only as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service:

Share Image. A "Share Image" is a specific in-application image identified by GREE and enabled for sharing as expressly permitted as follows. You may make a Share Image available only to other GREE users and only via GREE’s social networking service.
    Friend Code. A "Friend Code" is a specific code provided by GREE. Users may share a Friend Code only on Facebook and Twitter, and only as an invitation to join the Service to contacts on those third party services.
    Screen Capture. A "Screen Capture" is a screenshot saved by a user via an in-application function. Users may send Screen Captures solely to their contacts on Facebook and Twitter, and only in unmodified form.

I've seen people posting screenshots on group me, some of them have even been modified. Should I send in a ticket?
    Ban Tadaah!!!! He likely violated Gree ToS and international copyright law the other day when he specifically posted a picture of Gollem from the Lord of the Rings movie. Did he get expressed written consent from the copyright holder to post the image? Because if he posted the image as a part of his paid employment by Gree without the consent of the copyright holder it makes Greed liable for the copyright infringement. Basically a for profit company has now taken the intellectual and artist work of another for profit company and used it in the furtherance of their business.

Do I now get banned for pointing out likely illegal activity by a Gree employee?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Lol, trolling the mods now? That will get you lots of browny points, I'm sure. Irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Os it ok for me to steal from you, because you stole from someone else? Or ok for me to kil your child if you kill mine? Come one lets all grow up. You may not like their rules, you may not agree with them. Having said that, they are clearly stated, and they're not saying it's open for negotiation. I don't care for that rule, but again, it's not my decision to make. I either abide by the rules, or face the consequences. We do have the right to the pursuit of happiness, and if you're not happy, go pursue it elsewhere.

Consistent Contributor Mr Art0is's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    Speedy, you want us to believe Gree Support checks each ticket that comes in, cross-references whether the player used a different email on past tickets and if there is a discrepancy, *poof* you're gone? Come on mate, that's just a flight of fancy. Why?

A. You are talking about the same crowd who don't even bother to read the tickets and just send an automated reply that 9 times out of 10 won't have any bearing on the ticket itself. Are we expected to believe they are sophisticated enough to do this exercise? I think not.

B. I personally used lots of different email addresses to contact Gree in the past - work, my own POP3, gmail, whatever was most convenient at the time. Does that imply I transferred my game? No, it does not. How did Gree know I didn't transfer my game despite these different emails, yet as if by magic they can finger the ones that have actually been transferred?

No, mate. Something else is going on here. Dunno what, and I don't really care anymore (even though I am now retired, having obliterated my base so I can never fall back into Gree's clutches, I still feel I can participate in these little chats given the extrodinarily stupid amounts I have spent).

As usual this will probably become a slanging match between OSW and SUP. The real elephant in the room that everyone should be focusing on, which Gree refuses to acknowledge is this: if they could only manage to get their fingers out of their nether regions, if they could produce a quality product without the amateur glitches and errors, if they could staff their support team with people who actually give a monkey's about the game and the company, then people would not even WANT to transfer their accounts. Heck, I would probably not have destroyed my base.

Back already? Your toenail is getting old bruv, do one..

Consistent Contributor Mr Art0is's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Art0is View Post
    Back already? Your toenail is getting old bruv, do one..
    Very good ..

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jj JJ View Post
    Ban Tadaah!!!! He likely violated Gree ToS and international copyright law the other day when he specifically posted a picture of Gollem from the Lord of the Rings movie. Did he get expressed written consent from the copyright holder to post the image? Because if he posted the image as a part of his paid employment by Gree without the consent of the copyright holder it makes Greed liable for the copyright infringement. Basically a for profit company has now taken the intellectual and artist work of another for profit company and used it in the furtherance of their business.

Do I now get banned for pointing out likely illegal activity by a Gree employee?

First off; Tadaaah is a woman not a man.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    Sweeeeeet find!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this.

@Taadah... What should I put in the subject line to support? I'm being dead serious. These are your ToS and if your seriously going to ban folks for section 8 you can ban for this. Both are completely lame but no picking and choosing.

I had a buddy banned for section 8, he had the player since it was a level 50 or so and was nearing 300. Got it from a guy who quit looooong ago, no cash traded hands but for sake of trolls there was, WHOOOOOOOO CARES! Anyway he built the player up and because of some complete nut jobs in this game that feel threaten by the loss of pixels was turned in to gree for having a section 8 account...no hacking, no glitching, no illegal dragon commander planes that are still all over the place, just a normal account that tons of cash was pumped into..... Seriously, the response given when inquired about was "after going through our records"...... Come on.....

I will not rest either in this forum or in game until I see that known section 8 offenders are banned just like my friend! Even though I don't agree with the whole thing.
    it seems if they are gonna ban for this then they should ban all the cheaters for the 650k valor jet that alot have..i have personally sent in tickets of certain players and yet they are still in the game playing..how do i know they are still in game? its easy to see new builds being build and cash in their vault change..gree just picks and chooses who they want to ban plain and simple and not enforce all the TOS
    Retired to free playing

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This is a great thread.....can't wait to see SUP numbers drop again........I know a few people who have bought SUP games (and other top teams) to be bake to compete.....will see a change in the game if they target those games....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny1 View Post
    This is a great thread.....can't wait to see SUP numbers drop again........I know a few people who have bought SUP games (and other top teams) to be bake to compete.....will see a change in the game if they target those games....
    there would be alot less accounts in the very top ranks as well if they ban for 650k valor air units..would love to see that happen
    Last edited by lemonhaze; 07-24-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Retired to free playing