Re-Setting Skill Points - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How would you like to be able to reset your skill points

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skill reset any time - costs 50 gold same as names and flag

37 51.39%
  • Skill reset unlocked at level 250 for free, but only once then that's it.

23 31.94%
  • Skill reset as a bonus unit - one shot deal that can only be used once.

15 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Setting Skill Points

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Currently, there is no feature for resetting skill points.

Would you still find this feature beneficial if it were only offered at specific levels? Or if this was available for in the store?
    Amazing idea! Currently, levelling up has no benefits.

Maybe the ability to reallocate skill points (for free?) should be unlocked at level 100?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    How about just a simple explanation of how both skill points and defensive buildings change our stats if at all and what is the future plan for skill points?

I don't think this is asking too much.

This must be the only game that has no plan and no information as to what things do in the game. Exactly how does "strong against" affect things? What is "low" casualty rate vs "Very Low"? How are casualties even decided?

Maybe we should be able to trade in 3 skill points to go down one level. That would make the game more fun. They were a bonus for leveling up that is apparently non existent so maybe we could have our levels back.

But then again, option two is just don't spend money on something that has no instructions and no plan going forward.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Would you still find this feature beneficial if it were only offered at specific levels? Or if this was available for in the store?
    First clarification on what attack and defense currently do. Most assume at this point these two options are worthless.

Allowing skill point resets as you reach specific levels would be great or a one time reset after clarification is provided on what attack and defense do for you.

Post Count
    Attack and defense points are completely pointless and have been since WD started. I have about 400 points I wish I could relocate. I don't think it's gonna be a feature any time soon.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastert55! View Post
    Attack and defense points are completely pointless and have been since WD started. I have about 400 points I wish I could relocate. I don't think it's gonna be a feature any time soon.
    Same here, would help with all these energy events
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Maybe there shouldn't be, old players complain we want to bring LTB's back. So why are we now thinking about catering to the old players and players that used their skill points for other things. Not much difference. Cater to them, you should cater to all. Ponder that one

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimAmoeba View Post
    Maybe there shouldn't be, old players complain we want to bring LTB's back. So why are we now thinking about catering to the old players and players that used their skill points for other things. Not much difference. Cater to them, you should cater to all. Ponder that one
    Considering the skill points 'apparently' do nothing at all I don't think it's just old players that would be catered too. Maybe it would fix a broken piece of the game. But hey, who knows maybe just rage quit? We wouldn't want old players to unduly influence decisions that might make them keep playing the game.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Guys, don't get too excited about the thought of reallocating your skill points to energy, which is what 99% of us are thinking about doing with this thread.

Gree would instantly and accordingly boost energy requirements for the LTQ, which I would prefer to not see happen.

For that reason I say this is a bad idea and Gree should not allow stat resets except on a case-by-case basis.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't care about allocating skill points personally I'd rather see some value for where they are put. Maybe fix the broken part of the game?

Re-allocation is all nice but we would only have 2 options the way the game works now. Either energy (Is there ever enough for insane LTQ's)? or put them on Stamina which we already barely use.

Since they can't peg down how the mechanics will work in the future, I don't want to re-allocate only to find out they change it again the day after.

1. Design the game and mechanics
    2. Announce to everyone how it will work
    3. Make changes to code
    4. Fix broken code (changes cause things get messed up sometimes). REPEAT TIL IT WORKS
    5. Wait for a significant time to pass before repeating this set of steps. (Most MMO style games have 3-6 month cycles).

I have avoided putting in all the steps that Gree has eliminated already like Alpha and Beta testing...

Post Count

Lol yes thats what this thread is all about.....catering to old farts that have been playing the game forever.

No the request to reset skill points is because A/D points used to do something but gree removed them from the game as working..if the rules change part way thru then yes anyone with points in A/D should be entitled to want a change (old and new players alike) The change helps ALL players not just old players.

Alternatively bringing back Limited Time Buildings is also changing the rules (a bad thing) they were released as Limited time buildings.....its a slap in the face to bring them back to anyone who had to pay to buy them back then (as most couldn't simply buy them with in game cash)
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Perhaps it's time Gree considered making a new server for new players and old that want to start over on a level playing field?

I know a lot of cell phone games just re-invent themselves and restart with a better version. Still, Gree needs to decide how the game is going to work. Post the mechanics, build the game, and keep it so until pre-scheduled times for changes. Some math can be secret but skill points need to work or be removed.

I would suggest a project manager position should be created and filled. Right now it feels like anything in the game is just random and may be deleted or completely changed without any notice.

Post Count

Skill point resets - a long needed feature of the game.

In the heady days of our youth, when purchasing 100 ambulances was the only way to stop the unit haemorrhage every time you were attacked, we all dove into skill points to up those attack and defence skill levels to keep the edge on the circling sharks. Or so we thought.....
    -
    Now, 2 years later, we are all like D'oh! WTF did we do that for??? Energy! We need energy!
    -
    Wouldn't it be nice with the click of a button to redo it all over again with the wisdom of hindsight?
    -
    Wouldn't it be nice if we actually knew what those attack/defence skill points actually did, if anything, so at least decisions to reset could be educated ones?
    -
    Anyway, here are some of my ideas how Gree could give us the options to reset skill points if we so choose. There are bound to be others, so speak up.
    -
    And remember, it's multiple choice, you can choose more than one option if you like the ideas.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-15-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This was a very side splitting read. Thanks to all of you for making me chortle, guffaw, and giggle.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    What I love is all these young whipper snappers aspiring to be old farts one day. Ah the youth of today, attention spans of gnats and want it served on a plate.
    -
    When they hit old fart status, you know for a fact they'll be even more demanding than us old timers could ever be. Then we'll see how they feel about needed changes.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Because veterans have spent more money on this game. Usually.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10