Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: LTM timing

so this is my problem with the limited time missions, I don't spend money on this game certainly not a couple hundred bucks like it's nothing (to each his own) but with the 24hr time limit they give you is NOT enough to receive the ltm commanders. I have 7 SBs and 56 FACS which I'm told is enough to get at least the first ltm cmd...to date my best ltm was m17... this was after the ltm time mix ups. I think you should be able to finish all the mission in 24hrs with out estimating when it begins and finishes like building 1000 arts for 5days to nail m15 or what ever.
    I duno, I've been playing for a year and a half also and figure it's nice that it's not so easy for everyone to gain all the prizes...and duhh why would a company not want to money from big spenders???

Quote Originally Posted by W25-VENOM View Post
    so this is my problem with the limited time missions, I don't spend money on this game certainly not a couple hundred bucks like it's nothing (to each his own) but with the 24hr time limit they give you is NOT enough to receive the ltm commanders. I have 7 SBs and 56 FACS which I'm told is enough to get at least the first ltm cmd...to date my best ltm was m17... this was after the ltm time mix ups. I think you should be able to finish all the mission in 24hrs with out estimating when it begins and finishes like building 1000 arts for 5days to nail m15 or what ever.
    I duno, I've been playing for a year and a half also and figure it's nice that it's not so easy for everyone to gain all the prizes...and duhh why would a company not want to money from big spenders???
    As I tried to explain in a subsequent posting in this thread, squeezing as much money as they can from a handful of big spenders is one route to take--the current one the company/application managers with Gree for War of Nations is working on. The other route to take would be a lower amount of money per player, but from a much larger group of players by making limited events more achievable by sticking with a schedule of sorts.

My argument is that the long term success of this game is tied with player satisfaction. The current players vs Gree construct is doomed to failure. Making players angry by switching things up in a tranparent attempt to squeeze more money out of us does not engender the kind of loyalty to the game that a company like Gree SHOULD be aiming for.

I play for my friends now. That's it.

when I started playing I don't remember the events to be about spending gold? so maybe just maybe you buying so much gold in the long run made gree a bit...greedy??

Basically, the top dog at War of Nations had a disciplinary meeting for poor revenue performance with the board of directors at Gree so in order to make more money, they would have to start squeezing it's customers for every last penny, hence all these changes that encourage some people to spend more.

Their bias is towards new players, so that's why we have lots of new worlds as they bring in the most money but like many service type company, they don't give a monkey about their current customers so try and bleed them dry knowing they will leave sooner or later anyway

People are leaving. It would be nice if gree released odds for this gambling machine. Legal gambling venues have to make odds available. It's not enough to know you'll get 1000 bebops before devil doll out of elite comms.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    I play for my friends now. That's it.
    Same here but Its getting hard to even do that now
    -World 9-

Gree's poor customer service

is game downhill? No reply anything from Gree even email too?

Gree is that how you're treating your customers?? I am really disappointed; currently i am asking iTunes for refund.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES

The problem I have with the change in LTE is now there is no way for I or many other people who don't spend money to get close to finishing. When I knew when it started I could atleast prep my factories and get close to finishing. Now with the changes the best I can do is assume, that never really works.

I understand it's a business and gree needs to make money, but shutting out almost everyone that doesn't coin is bad for business. If the smaller guys never have the chance at the good comms and rewards it's only an amount of time till I and others move on to another game. Either let the uv accumulate during LTE so when my builds finish while i am sleeping i don't waste it all because i can't hit the reward button, or have set times so it's fair to everyone.

I do realize nothing will change, just ranting a bit and getting my view points out there.

If you look at it closely there is still a pattern to the events and timing, its just a little different to before. I'm sure it wasn't intended but they have actually made it easier to time the LTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    If you look at it closely there is still a pattern to the events and timing, its just a little different to before. I'm sure it wasn't intended but they have actually made it easier to time the LTM.
    OK....so here we have yet another smart-alec genius who says "they have actually made it easier to time the LTM".

Sure....of course they have.

Let's see you predict the next one? I'll give you +/1 6 hours.
    -Over to you SMART GUY!!

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    OK....so here we have yet another smart-alec genius who says "they have actually made it easier to time the LTM".

Sure....of course they have.

Let's see you predict the next one? I'll give you +/1 6 hours.
    -Over to you SMART GUY!!
    No need for attitude. My point is that you can now assume there will be a LTM starting before and at the conclusion of a build.

We had a war followed by a world war so it wasn't really hard to predict at the end of two wars there would be a build.

So taking the assumption above you could set your build for the morning around 7 am (AEST) and collect before work. Set build again to complete at the end of the event and collect for the second.

How is this easier? It takes away the guessing on when the second LTM will start.

So no need to bite, take a look at the last few weeks and you will see what you need to do.

But of course once they realise they are being predictable again I am sure they will change it up.

Pushed to the edge

So since my forum permission do not allow me to make new threads, this thread is appropriate for this.

On my world (21) 6 players including myself have been placed in the bronze league for the current player build event. This makes no sense to anyone so i decided to contact support regarding this obvious mess up.

"How are people in the top alliance placed into the lowest league in this player build event? It's unfair to both the top players and unfair to the low players who won't even place. Your placement system is broken. Just like the rest if your scam game."

As you can see from my anger in the message I am quite fed up with GREE and their nonsense. With 6 hours left to go in the event I finally received a response from GREE.

Here is what they had to say:

JL, Jul 31 11:45:
    Greetings Unknown,

Thank you for contacting GREE Support.

League placement is determined by activity prior to the event. More active players will have a higher chance of being placed in the higher leagues, which do have a size limit. Winning or placing in a previous league does not necessarily have an impact on later event placements.

Your feedback regarding this aspect of the game has been passed along to the developers.

Regards,
    JL

Lets break down the fallacies of this email.

League placement is determined by activity prior to the event. More active players will have a higher chance of being placed in the higher leagues, which do have a size limit.

Okay, this is an understandable response, however being in the top ranked alliance means that either you spend more than most people or you dedicate more time playing than most people or a combination of those two things.

Here is where things start to become very confusing.

Winning or placing in a previous league does not necessarily have an impact on later event placements.

In the first two sentences it is stated that activity prior to the event determines what league you will be placed in. This third sentence is a blatant contradiction to the first and second sentence at least in reference to myself and my alliance members who are in the bronze league as I stated before being in the top alliance requires you to either spend money or time playing more than others or a combination of those things.

WINNING OR PLACING IN A PREVIOUS LEAGUE MEANS THAT YOU ARE AN ACTIVE PLAYER PRIOR TO THE CURRENT EVENT.

Building over 100 million unit value means that you are an active player.

I once asked GREE what dictated your placement in a league, the response I got back then was many factors are used when determining league placement.

WHAT IS IT GREE? Activity prior to an event or "many factors"?

I'll be going to apple with this lie to get a refund for money spent since my last refund and your boondoggle regarding the server maintenance in the middle of a build event.

The only thing that has kept me playing is the social aspect with my alliance members having been an "ACTIVE" player since May last year and with many of them quitting daily I am hanging on by a thread.

Between this and the fact that Alliance League build events do not award a reward for a 7th place alliance and the many other screw ups you have had you are making your player base quit faster than anyone ever could.

-Pluto

I'm fed up of the groupings myself.
    every solo build event with groups, you end up with coiners, from top alliances buying 50m+ UV in BRONZE.
    seems to me that there is some exploiting so the top alliances are getting as many rewards as possible in solo events by splitting them, therefore preventing others getting rewards or even moving up a tier

as for the Alliance events, these are a mess, you work your backside off get promoted to the champions league... finish 6th.. get naff all, top alliances always there coining, teleporting around with thier 90's new promoted alliances with their 60s and 70's cant compete, so finish near the bottom winning naff all, and get relegated again. who is better off? oh the guy who finishes below you in Diamond that doesn't get promoted and stays there getting decent rewards.
    the system for rewards needs a rethink.

The problem with league placing only happened this event and the player build before this. There was some formula that was tweaked that resulted in 2-3 people in the top alliances being placed in bronze. They totally smashed bronze and the poor folks in bronze can hardly compete. This is apparent when you see the top 1-2 placings in bronze have such a huge gap from the rest.

To add insult to injury, the top player in our world was placed in platinum.

Please either revert the formula or explain how the formula is worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    No need for attitude. My point is that you can now assume there will be a LTM starting before and at the conclusion of a build.

We had a war followed by a world war so it wasn't really hard to predict at the end of two wars there would be a build.

So taking the assumption above you could set your build for the morning around 7 am (AEST) and collect before work. Set build again to complete at the end of the event and collect for the second.

How is this easier? It takes away the guessing on when the second LTM will start.

So no need to bite, take a look at the last few weeks and you will see what you need to do.

But of course once they realise they are being predictable again I am sure they will change it up.
    I checked my messages...didn't get anything from you on the prediction for the next LTM.

When is the next one? Hours from now...+/- 6 hours