Next event has self-cancelling units (-3, +3)???Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Next event has self-cancelling units (-3, +3)???Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Next event has self-cancelling units (-3, +3)???Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

So I'm looking at the next event's "rewards," and I notice Top 250 get a -3 Alliance Size Reduction...uummmm ok, makes no sense, but then I see Top 400 is +3 Alliance Size Increase. So unless I'm mistaken, team #251-400 (+3 only) will in effect have better boosts after the next war than #151-250 ( +3 - 3 = 0 ).

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by JCL; 07-07-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Post Count
    Plus 3 to you. Minus three off your enemy. At least, thats the forum consensus because as usual there is SFA clarification from Gree......
    -
    Or, put another way, if you get the +3, you nullify the -3 of the next tier up when you meet someone from that tier in combat. So zero sum in that regard anyway.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-07-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ok.. thats the only way it makes sense. You'd think it would some how indicate it's for your enemy. Albeit, I'd think it'd be easier to just make it another +3 for you (same effect as -3 for competitor unless you're really mismatched).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If that is the case and they cancel each other out- which is strange in itself, why does the 400 (22k/31k) prize have better stats than the 250 (13k/16k).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The +3 takes you up to 513 or whatever your alliance # is up to by now.

The -3 takes your opponent to 497 (assuming they were at the standard 500).

Gree just trying to give you more targets.

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorm V2 View Post
    Gree just trying to give you more targets.
    Problem is, they are not achieving this. In typical Gree fashion this just makes no sense.

All factions ranked 251-400 will get the +3 unit. Great, so their armies get a bit bigger to help them beat the guys in front. Well, think again, because Gree just cancelled that advantage by awarding everyone ahead of them a unit that not only cancels out their +3 advantage, everyone better than the top 250 will also have a +3 advantage.

Example: Top 251 gets a +3 unit. Top 250 gets a +3 unit and a -3 unit. So when players in these two factions go up against each other, the top 250 team cancels out the top 251 team's +3 unit AND they still have their +3 unit.

This only helops faction 251-400 get a tiny, tiny, tiny edge on factions below top 400.

This, like most other prizes these days, is completely worthless to most of us.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No, it works like this...when you attack someone, if they have 500 allies, they drop to 497, while your attack would bring 503 allies, giving you a +6 ally advantage. When attacked, you can only bring a maximum of 500 allies, so the minus 3 will help, just not that much. I'm assuming this will be the first if many units like this to stack in the future.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This would be the second time to have this kind of reward. First time was sometime in 2012. It only works when you attack your opponent or opponent attacks you. It doesn't work for raids.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    No, it works like this...when you attack someone, if they have 500 allies, they drop to 497, while your attack would bring 503 allies, giving you a +6 ally advantage. When attacked, you can only bring a maximum of 500 allies, so the minus 3 will help, just not that much. I'm assuming this will be the first if many units like this to stack in the future.
    bingo.
    (10 characters)
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    At least someone understands it

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    Glad u understand how this works. This by the way is actually a great bonus if u have a strong army and face equally strong opponents. By now (I'm guessing since i can't verify it without doing a whole lot time waisting math) my lowest units are growlers. +3 allies allows me to bring an extra 18 to war, with the -3 to my opponent (also probably maxed with growlers) they bring 18 less normal. That's 504k raw attack and 450k raw defense, with my bonuses that approximately a 2.6m advantage. These extra allies also stack so these will be a great addition to my +16. This is actually a good thing since it encourages everyone to be at 500 allies and gives us older players a slight edge that have been collecting these.