Why give top factions energy or health regens?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why give top factions energy or health regens?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Why give top factions energy or health regens?

The top factions just spend the money and absorb the timers. There is no point giving them health or energy as they just spend gold.

The opposite should be done. When you are giving out tiered prizes give lower ranked guys those boosts (tho i do hate tiered prizing). Alternatively attach them to things the greater community can achieve.

The gap between the haves and have nots is now astronomical. When I started playing a couple years ago you spent the money and got your prize now or you worked your backside off and did it the hard way but you were able to keep in touch and achieve the prize. I still have units in my inventory with 200/200ish atk n +2 energy. I earned it as a free player. I became a gold player and then stopped with the constant screw ups and false advertising. Get back to the games roots. Make WD the focus!. It's what built this game

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Eh the game is severely out of whack. All about gold now as seemingly the only bonuses given out are attack.

Consistent Contributor MojoJojo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    The top factions just spend the money and absorb the timers. There is no point giving them health or energy as they just spend gold.

The opposite should be done. When you are giving out tiered prizes give lower ranked guys those boosts (tho i do hate tiered prizing). Alternatively attach them to things the greater community can achieve.

The gap between the haves and have nots is now astronomical. When I started playing a couple years ago you spent the money and got your prize now or you worked your backside off and did it the hard way but you were able to keep in touch and achieve the prize. I still have units in my inventory with 200/200ish atk n +2 energy. I earned it as a free player. I became a gold player and then stopped with the constant screw ups and false advertising. Get back to the games roots. Make WD the focus!. It's what built this game
    Lol. Don't worry bam bam. These +1 +4 energy units mean nothing. Gree put a bunch of them out there a while ago, and like a fool most of us chased them. Once we got them, gree increased the amount of energy to finish the LTQ. They are absolutely worthless because gree controls how much energy that you have to compleat it in the first place.
    Anyone who is chasing that mythical plateau either loves the game or is an addict. It's not our loss.
    7t attack 13t defense
    2.6 bil IPH
    All land purchased. Final plot of land 1.6bil.

All around pacifist playing style.

For I shall rule the world!!! Muahahahaha

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Think about it energy regen and health regen are really good bonus and its practically the best ones in this game. This game is a competition for the best spot yes it is practically based on gold but you can use a well built strategy to at least Improve your current rank.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
    Lol. Don't worry bam bam. These +1 +4 energy units mean nothing. Gree put a bunch of them out there a while ago, and like a fool most of us chased them. Once we got them, gree increased the amount of energy to finish the LTQ. They are absolutely worthless because gree controls how much energy that you have to compleat it in the first place.
    Anyone who is chasing that mythical plateau either loves the game or is an addict. It's not our loss.
    100% correct...
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My two cents...don't make it the top 3 prizes, make it the top 400. Something achievable by most factions if they are active and organized and will benefit the community....but also...I think it would be a money maker for GREE. The amount of people who will fight tooth and nail to get it....people who don't normally buy gold buying several vaults to get it. Win win for all. Well...the house always wins, but you get the idea.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is one of the reasons the game is unbalanced. Gree only give energy regen to the top tiers, because these guys play with lots of gold. In turn, gree increases the requirements for LTQs (because the top gold players are around +20 energy per minute, as a guess).

This seems to be a never ending cycle that just keeps increasing the gap. I agree with Thumpr..... Put it out there for more teams to compete for. You know the top three teams will fight it out, irrelevant of the prize.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Make the top prize a bacon roll
    When we stand together, We can watch the world burn around us. It won't matter no longer, we're all as good as dead

Post Count
    Make the top prize food or GREE gives u a BJ
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Post Count
    Make the top prize -10000% alliance attack. Now wouldn't that be a dilemma for SAW??
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    you offered them wisdom. I hope they read and understand what you've posted. Thank you.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!

Consistent Contributor MojoJojo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Much respect to both of you, stumps and thumpr, but these units only make the game much worse. If you were around before the energy boom, and everyone had the same energy regain of 3, it didn't cost much gold to finish the events. You could prestage the maps and finish for min gold. Something like 80 gold to finish. Then came the energy + units. Shortly after that came prestige. Now, it's so much more energy than it used to be to finish.
    I don't need bonuses that can be null and void at the drop of gree's hat. That's just a waist of gold and time.
    Just my opinion though.
    7t attack 13t defense
    2.6 bil IPH
    All land purchased. Final plot of land 1.6bil.

All around pacifist playing style.

For I shall rule the world!!! Muahahahaha

Post Count
    I don't need bonuses that can be null and void at the drop of gree's hat. That's just a waist of gold and time.
    Just my opinion though.
    You just summed up MW at the moment. Not that long ago if you had 10 Mill a/d you were king of the world. That wouldn't get you top 500 now.
    -
    Everything in this game can be made null and void at Grees whim. Time everyone accepted that.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Much respect to both of you, stumps and thumpr, but these units only make the game much worse. If you were around before the energy boom, and everyone had the same energy regain of 3, it didn't cost much gold to finish the events. You could prestage the maps and finish for min gold. Something like 80 gold to finish. Then came the energy + units. Shortly after that came prestige. Now, it's so much more energy than it used to be to finish.
    Just my opinion though.
    I was around then, got the bridge jumper even , but aren't you also describing the difference between when Funzio ran thing and when GREE took over?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Kind of defeats this whole argument for example if you give energy regen at an early stage then by all rights it won't help as everyone will get it and the fact it argument say that it should not be a top tier prize why not the top players will still get it anyway no matter where the prize is placed !!