Why even have stats - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why even have stats

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
    I just got attacked by someone with 15mil attack. I have 214mil defense. I lost multiple times. Wtf? Also how does this guy have 15mil attack and 747mil defense?
    Most likely they actually have over 1Bn attack but Gree ran out of numbers for the stats
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    llama im same as u i been here since funzio days and i still dont understand it either bud
    the good old days, when you didn't need a device glued to your hand 24 hours a day to compete lol
    Have you loved your llama today?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Most likely they actually have over 1Bn attack but Gree ran out of numbers for the stats
    Was going to ask if it was a billion and just the glitch in numbers
    Is there anyway to tell beside losing to them?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr llama View Post
    Was going to ask if it was a billion and just the glitch in numbers
    Is there anyway to tell beside losing to them?
    The apparent massive discrepancy between low(?) attack and high defence is what I use. Other than that, only going through their inventory with a calculator..........
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    The apparent massive discrepancy between low(?) attack and high defence is what I use. Other than that, only going through their inventory with a calculator..........
    Man I hate asking stupid questions to such smart person

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Let's just say no one who works for Gree is or was a math major in college. Nuff said. (Or Computer Sciences, or Software Engineering, or...)

Cause a big spinning wheel of random chance didn't test well with the focus groups?

Because the dragons who keep track sometimes get sleepy and stop watching the Internets web wide world thingy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Because the dragons who keep track sometimes get sleepy and stop watching the Internets web wide world thingy.
    Considering everyone at Gree are certified geniuses in every aspect of the business, this has to be the answer! Thanks!

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    With 1.2 billion attack - 15% is 180 million - so when people say - QUALIFY YOUR CLAIM with your defense stats and their attack stats - that's why they want to know - so someone can do the 15% math and shed some light on why 50 million or 180 million difference sounds like a legit loss.

So in my case - if in an extreme "random" multiplier I got the -15% and my opponent with 714m defense got the +15% - that could be 180 million plus 180 million - or 360 million difference that could result in a loss on my part.

Or or at least that's a stab at how I understand it to work :/
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Because on any given day, even David can beat Goliath. No one is invincible.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
    I just got attacked by someone with 15mil attack. I have 214mil defense. I lost multiple times. Wtf? Also how does this guy have 15mil attack and 747mil defense?
    It was 1.5 billion mate
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    As most people are mentioning, there is a random multiplier within the algorithm. Gree explain this is to represent the "Dice Roll" element of gaming.

This allows outrageous victories and heart-breaking losses, which happen in other games. Like me, 99.9% of this forum would have played D&D, WoW or some other game where dice rolls create noble victories or numbing defeats.

The fact you are all telling your stories of these numbing losses means Gree have got this one spot on.......

Post Count
    I have lost to plenty of opponents with 50-75m stats lower then mine. Especially in WD. U typically want to be at least 15-20% higher then ur opponent when attacking. Raids are a little different still. I can raid opponents up to 10-15% higher then me no problem may fail every once in a wile. I have raided players as high as 30% higher but fail a lot more raids. The higher the stats climb the more of a gap is created but percentages stay fairly close.