Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Community opinions on the Epic Raid Boss event?

This might seem as a double thread on the Epic Raid Boss event but it isn't as the other is a very generic "Here is the event" kind of thread rather than a thread specifically meant to discuss the good and the bad about the event.

I've just created a video on the matter which covers a main portion of my view on this alongside with a first impression but that won't cover everything I'll mention in this post.
    For those interested the video can be found here:

I kind of wanted to open up a discussion about what you all as the community of Knights and Dragons think about this event on itself.

What I really like about this event is:
    - The massive amount of rewards that are up for grabs.
    - Playing at your own pace but still playing as a team.
    - Guild Rankings so you can compete between your guild mates.
    - Leadership roles are much more valuable now.
    - Having a switch up between the Epic Guild War and the Epic Raid Bosses as a massive event.
    - The ability to finally use the Guild Bank for something else than buying Guardians and Element Bonuses.

My dislikes about this event:
    - The event is very repetitive.
    - Following up to my first point, the battles take FOREVER!!!
    - The "teamfeel" that you have during the Wars is there but only very minimum (from my perspective)
    - The amount of bugs there are still there, for example losing energy when the game bugs out.
    - The 200K Milestone and losing out on free energy upon reaching because you still have energy left from before while it only goes up to 4 while you're suppose to have 5, 6 or 7.

The reason why I point that out is that potentially Gree could take it as feedback as well.
    I'm very curious how some of the other players are experiencing this event.
    Personally I am a Free-Player, the issue I'm already feeling is sort of the fact that this event serves as nothing more than a grindfest without really having a challenge or anything.

I would imagine being in one of the top guilds I would die out of boredom having to attack a monster and a battle taking over 1 minute to actually finish.
    I do think the potential of this event is amazing but I do also feel there is so much more that can be tweaked about this event to make it even better, starting by having the ability to speed up the battle even more or by multiplying the damage or something among those lines.

I saw ur video and i can tell it is very very boring
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    I saw ur video and i can tell it is very very boring
    As a fact or as your opinion?

I quite like it.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Reversal View Post
    - The 200K Milestone and losing out on free energy upon reaching because you still have energy left from before while it only goes up to 4 while you're suppose to have 5, 6 or 7.
    I did get the energy above 4 from the milestone.

I guess this event is like summoning guild guardians and defeating them for arena-ish rewards...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I like it. It's a nice break from the Guild War grind. I also like the stability of it. I know what I'm getting from every fight, unlike in GWs, where you beat the guild champion and get 122 points and in the next fight you get 378 points. It also adds a nice money management aspect to guild funds. I don't like the pay to win aspect of it, because only the money guilds will be able to really take out the top tier boss. Still, the dual prize tiers are really great, and adds a great in-guild competitive edge to it that was kind of lacking before. It will allow guilds to see who is really motivated and who isn't.

It is repetitive, I definitely grant you that, and the fights do take a while, but that bit I don't mind so much. Overall it gets a thumbs up from me!

The scouted monSters need to be random....that would mix it up a little bit.
    GUILD CHAMPION: Beastmode Gods
    Currently recruiting active players and overnighters
    Line ID: tlob_obviously

MAXED EPICS: APOCALYPSE, TRESKILION, REVELATION, CRYPTIC, AQUATIC, SPECTER, SANDSTORM, DRUIDIC, MAELSTORM, NORTHERNS, BLAZEBORN, R. KALE

I like this.
    It is far more important to have full guild participation. In GW, if a high ranking guild has 2-3 members online they can outgem an entire team and put up a combined 100k+
    Here, the attacks take far longer, so you cannot refill gems nearly as fast. To take down a level 5 you need quite a few people all hitting hard, which is a nice change
    You also have to strategize how to maximum your efficiency based on who is present to attack, the strength of your armor actually plays a huge roll (finally strong armor means something after stripping), so you have to determine which levels to scout based on that.
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

I think if you scout from the Battle screen and not the Summary screen it's random. I think. We haven't tested that thoroughly.

Just thought of another reason why I like it. As of now, me and one other guild member (my husband) are the most powerful in our guild by a LOT (not that we're particularly powerful, just that we are in our guild) because we play a lot. We'll sit out the next raid and let our other members compete among themselves for the one and two slots in the raid. Hopefully that will spark some fun and drive!

It seems that majority of our members have trouble understanding which one we should fight. A single member in our guild can do anywhere between 40,000 and 350,000 if they use all energy.

How we're doing it sticking up one uber powerful one up if a lot of folks are on, and then just letting folks ping the little ones in between. I figure we'll eventually get into a rhythm. Our big problem at the beginning was our more exuberant members were scouting EVERYTHING even when we had a boss up already. *sigh*
    Last edited by Amidani; 07-05-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    It seems that majority of our members have trouble understanding which one we should fight. A single member in our guild can do anywhere between 40,000 and 350,000 if they use all energy.
    your powerfull members need to focus on bigger game, your weaker members need to focus on weaker game - since this is the first time its happened, its easy to not be sure. but just from my experience, if you can hit about 35k in an attack (lvl 1 , im using 2 epic boss + armors and one regular epid boss) you might wanna stay and farm lower levels. id assume if you have some epics, and boss+, hit lvl 2 with a few guys. if your guild as a whole is full of epics and boss+'s, then you need to find your groove with higher enemys, especially since they stick around so long, and a full regen in 1.5 hours. id actually like to hear other peoples oppinion on how they use their energy, no one else is talking, like its a secret or something. for the single person award, you will get more points attacking lower level, because they have lower armor, and the bonus points are for the guild not you (i think? can someone prove me wrong?). the bonus points are pretty nice, assuming that your energy use is actually worth it.

(these next figures are level one, level 2 i only hit for 20k a round.)
    if i hit an orc 3 times, he will die, and ill get 70k+10kbonus points, plus 30k for another orcs hit = 110k
    if i hit 2 different orcs, only twice each, ill get 30k * 4 = 120k

the only problem with this, is for a busy guild you'll have too many barely dead orcs hanging around. if you have weak members, this is great use of their energy.

My last piece of information - can someone show the normally high ranked guys who use stripping to get advantage - Vs who is actually highly ranked now? because this is whats going to show who is not using stripping to win.
    Last edited by sxespanky; 07-05-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

I like the addition of the raid boss event. I hope this continues to be part of the game in the future. I think more regression testing could have been done for the initial launch though, as some of the recent improvements (like having armor sorted by whether a character can wear it) are no longer present in the recent update.

I agree that it would be even cooler if there were multiple characters that could be scouted, even if it was random. So in the next raid boss event, the Orc would continue to be available to scout along with whatever new raid boss is there.

I really like the multiple reward tiers. It gives the opportunity for smaller guilds and/or guilds with lower level players to have a shot at decent rewards. It is also a good opportunity for guild members to start working together.

Thanks, sxespanky! I'll discuss that with my guild!

And I'd also be interested to see the stripping information.

I wish Commanders could scout at least ONE Lvl 1 at a time. It seems unfair to make them wait for an officer before they can get some hits in for the team. I understand why this change was made, I just do not necessarily agree with it.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new