Poll: What did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it! We should do this every cycle!

15 12.30%
  • Liked it, but I don't want to see this all the time

33 27.05%
  • I'm neutral about it, I just don't care

10 8.20%
  • Didn't like it, but don't have a problem with see it once in a while

21 17.21%
  • Hated it! Never do this again!

43 35.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city?

Post Count

What did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city?

So... what did you think of the 24 hour battle for empire city? Was it fun? Was it too short? Was it too expensive? If this were to replace the SLTQ every second cycle would that be for the better?

Please post your thoughts about this event

Edit July 3rd 2014:
    Based on comments so far here are some follow up questions...

Gold spenders: if their was a 40% off sale every time this event happened would you want to see it again?

Free players: if regen time was cut in half during this event to make up for half length battles would you want to see this again?
    Last edited by Zincincpink; 07-03-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    Monte told me to shut up once. I too was gonna call the FBI. But he was right.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Voted hated it. As a free player the normal wars are bad enough for having to wait 1hr 40 mins after doing four hits, but at least there are 3 days of it. This version just sucked.

I'm also free player in MW but my health fills up inside an hour on that game. Discuss (as someone said before they got banned, lol)
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Voted hated it. As a free player the normal wars are bad enough for having to wait 1hr 40 mins after doing four hits, but at least there are 3 days of it. This version just sucked.

I'm also free player in MW but my health fills up inside an hour on that game. Discuss (as someone said before they got banned, lol)

Exactly my opinion. With that regen time a no go.

Post Count

Agreed. Energy/HP mods need to be released, and not only as a gift to TaW.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    im curious to know why they went with this war format and not the street assault event they've been lollygaggin on. I woulda thought all their efforts woulda been on gettin that bad boy coded up!
    Pagoda no good.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Agreed. Energy/HP mods need to be released, and not only as a gift to TaW.
    I'd been wondering about that recently. Just how many +2 energy boosts have TAW been given now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore will have around +16 (in addition to the normal +3?) but that would make a huge difference in how much they need to spend to finish LTQs, or perhaps whether they need to spend at all unless by choice. It takes a normal player about 5 1/2hrs to generate 1000 energy; a TAW member with all boosts needs under an hour for the same.

Gree are not generally known for their charity work, so the question is there. Why is a single team being so heavily favoured like this? Couple that with Monte's claim of a special VIP bonus scheme for the favoured few and something doesn't smell right.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

I'd been wondering about that recently. Just how many +2 energy boosts have TAW been given now. I'm pretty sure the hardcore will have around +16 (in addition to the normal +3?) but that would make a huge difference in how much they need to spend to finish LTQs, or perhaps whether they need to spend at all unless by choice. It takes a normal player about 5 1/2hrs to generate 1000 energy; a TAW member with all boosts needs under an hour for the same.

Gree are not generally known for their charity work, so the question is there. Why is a single team being so heavily favoured like this? Couple that with Monte's claim of a special VIP bonus scheme for the favoured few and something doesn't smell right.
    sometings for do smell fishy make no cents
    Proud owner of the Pimp's Lowrider

Post Count
    They're not favoured they just get extra stuff from winning... And the VIP bonus program is open to anyone but you have to spend at least $500 in a calendar month to get rewarded for it.

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/GREE-Internation...-Bonus-Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    Monte told me to shut up once. I too was gonna call the FBI. But he was right.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Not sure if gree would ever release health regen mods in CC.
    Would be nice to have shorter re-gen time on such events. 50mins may be?

Post Count

If something doesn't smell right, clean out your bong. They're "prizes" for "winning." Not "charity."
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Finishing in in the top 5k individual was nice for me, but I used 75 gold.. If they changed the regen time as they did the battle time I wouldn't mind having these more often
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    24hr war wasn't terrible but I do have a real life. 30min battle cycles are tough to keep going, too long to regen vs battle length and overall huge gold sync for such a short event.

Post Count
    Would much rather just have a 24h battle instead of the normal 3 day one. You get it all done in 1 day, have the rest of your weekend free and don't have to try and battle whilst at work on Monday.

Wouldn't want to have 2 battles in a cycle though as is pretty expensive. And I very much doubt we will be seeing a 40% gold sale for the next one.

Post Count
    It appears this event replaces SLTQ...

Since I can buy the grand Prize on the SLTQ with In game cash (bear in mind no XP gain either this way)
    Not too happy

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Great poll and feedback! Thanks for putting it all together.