Would you like to see a shame file published to the forums that names banned hackers? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should Gree publish a shame file naming caught hackers?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think hackers should be named and shamed.

48 75.00%
  • No, I don't think this is a good idea.

16 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you like to see a shame file published to the forums that names banned hackers?

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think Name and Shame is right on target, make them too ashamed to play.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I have mixed feelings on this one, and I'm 100% anti-hacker. I chose "name 'em and shame 'em!", but here's why I think that won't work:

1) GREE operates...internationally? Subject to international law for international players, yes or no? Can they name players--even IGNs--or is this considered some form of unprovable libel?

2) What if GREE gets if wrong and falsely accuses even one player?

3) Unless the game has fixed name/IDs, what good does naming someone do? Especially if name/IDs are not unique? For example, KnD permits you to constantly change ANY of your six player names, at any time...and if you want to be AhnuldDaMadUndPowuhfuhl, even if 30 other people already have that name, go for it!

4) Several weeks ago, on yet another game, I observed two Guilds slug it out with all sorts of accusations of cheating and skulduggery. They were truly convinced that the other guys used hackers, etc. A name and shame list would not have helped these guys; they were truly convinced of the "truth" in their own mind, and if a list existed that was at variance with their own internal reality, this would merely be proof to them that GREE was cheating as well.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new