Would you like to see a shame file published to the forums that names banned hackers? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should Gree publish a shame file naming caught hackers?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think hackers should be named and shamed.

48 75.00%
  • No, I don't think this is a good idea.

16 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see a shame file published to the forums that names banned hackers?

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Seems most people miss the point of a name and shame list. It is to give us visibility that Gree is actually doing something about reports we so lovingly and dutifully send in. There are no privacy issues and it won't stop hackers coming back under different names. But it would give us a clear signal that Gree is doing something to earn our money.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    Seems most people miss the point of a name and shame list. It is to give us visibility that Gree is actually doing something about reports we so lovingly and dutifully send in. There are no privacy issues and it won't stop hackers coming back under different names. But it would give us a clear signal that Gree is doing something to earn our money.
    People are not missing the point. It's just most people don't care about hackers and want gree to focus on other issues that are more important to most people. Gree can show us that they are responding to it's customers by fixing other problems. Hackers shmakers. Let them hack.

Consistent Contributor ScrewThis's Avatar
    Post Count
    What utter tosh, shrinko, if people get an unfair advantage or worse, make money off this game in return for selling their hacking skills, that's the first order of business for Gree.

Post Count
    Gents, keep it civil please.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hi DM

Don't worry, no big debates like yesterday (it was fun). I'd like to clarify that I'm 100% against hacking. I'm just not sure if there is a benefit to naming the culprits. To be fair, it's only their game name that would be released. Someone earlier in this thread commented that these guys probably have other accounts waiting in the wings.

It will take Gree an awfully long time to identify and ban all hacked accounts. But the longest of journey starts with one step.

If I was forced to answer the poll question, is say no, don't name them. Don't give them their 15 minutes of fame

Rob

While on the topic of shame, nothing can be more shameful than the blatant disregard of customer's rights.

Nothing can be more shameful than the blatant hypocrisy and double standards that confounds logic.

Post Count
    A perfect signature. A perfect response.

Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewThis View Post
    Word around these parts is very few tappers trust them to post truthful information.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The only way this has any significance is to track where the hacker is and goes if s/he moves around. The hacker can try to hide. But the faction that allow the hacker to reside are the ones which will feel the shame.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I say no to this because a lot of people dont want to deal with public shaming. Even if you think its justified, its wrong. People cheat and if they are caught, they are dealt with within the system. if said hacker did so on such a large scale to where it hindered the game and rendered it unplayable then I would expect something to be said to who did it but not on such a small scale.

No one wants their face on a wall at Wal-Mart for the world to see because they stole a bag of candy.
    thats exactly what they should do if they are a theif..shame them to the point they dont even want to come out the house..if they are brave enuff to steal they should be brave enuff to own it
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    "Snitches get stitches", zero ratting for me.

Anyways Gree doesn't do anything unless SUP requests, so your best bet is to get SUP on board and it will trickle down to Gree for whatever your cause is.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'll start the list........Alex..... Now what good has that done?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well there is this guy named SG ah xxxxx around lv223 who did not have two AMRs, then had two, then this week did not have them again. There was also a guy named mastertxx whose base used to be long NE to SW when he was with ENG, then prior to joining a few top tens and now in sup, his base is NW to SE. Oh, did I mention that he didn't have the original first two LE buildings, but now has all of them. If some players could tell me how you can change the orientation of your base by 90 degrees without starting over again, it would be appreciated.

And by the way, if I am not mistaken, the first player looks to have joined the darkness very recently, as he changed his name to dark xxx.
    Last edited by DFI; 07-01-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Post Count
    Guys, I specifically said this is NOT the platform for rants about any potential hackers. Got proof, report them.
    -
    But your posts illustrate my points.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Guys, I specifically said this is NOT the platform for rants about any potential hackers. Got proof, report them.
    -
    But your posts illustrate my points.
    These players have been around and while reported, gree did nothing. This isn't a case of mistaken identity, you can't change the orientation of your base.....