Eventful weekend

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eventful weekend

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Eventful weekend

I want to say that I am not the type of person to discuss my personal life but after this weekend I feel a need....

This past weekend I was going to war with two characters: main character in RK3, second in TSA.
    Roughly six hours prior to war starting I was admitted to the hospital for what turns out to be a virus that almost closed my throat shut completely that would have cut off my breathing. I was presented with two options, breathing tube or cutting a hole in my throat. I went with the tubes, which leads us to KA.

My surgery was set for roughly an hour after war started, the doctor had me on some powerful meds. Waiting for surgery I had my iPhone and iPod and I thought I would jump in at the start of war. It wasn't my intention to let anyone know what was going on with me in my real life. So I signed in to KA and accidentally declared in RK3 thinking I was in TSA. I apologized and admitted to them that the pain meds screwed me up in my thinking. I honestly hadn't realized what I had done initially. Officers running the guild told me to focus on my health and not war for the weekend.

After surgery, I was in ICU up until a couple hours ago with no television and very limited visits from friends and family. Paying for expansive wifi from the hospital, warring with TSA in KA was one of my few escapes from the pain and boredom of my hospital room. TSA was unaware of my real life situation and until I told those close to me did they realize why I was so quiet on a war weekend.

After having the tubes in my throat removed today and put into a normal room today I once again went to connect with my KA family. TSA was happy with how they had done and achieved and saddened with those that have decided its time to move on. Over in RK3, I sign in to find I was removed from the guild with no explanation at all. I was deleted from all chat rooms without a word from anyone. When I finally got a response from the founder he said he hadn't heard from me in hours then laughs and says but as soon as I am deleted I show up. Then he doesn't respond again. RK3 wants to talk about being a family but this is how they treat family? Sorry Roger, you are the worst excuse for a Founder I have ever seen in KA.

Yes, I am still in the hospital and hopefully home in a day or two. Doctor says things are clearing up well.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    PS.
    Thanks again TSA for giving me that time to escape from real life when I needed it.
    RK3 would tell me to leave anytime I said hello over the weekend.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    1) glad you seem to be out-of-danger. I too have been fighting for my life. For me, it has been most of the past 40 months, and things have finally stabilized to the good.
    2) while some people are ----heads, most are not. Then again, you let RL interfere with his need to win and be in control.
    3) seek out those people who are not ----heads. There are many of them around.

And again, glad to hear you are doing better.
    Take care

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I'm very glad your situation turned out so that you're on the road to recovery. When I first started reading your thread, I literally froze...my father had the exact same symptoms a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be an extremely fast growing cancer. I lost him out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago, and am still in shock over it. I know I don't know you in real life or anything, but I am relieved you're okay.

If your teammates don't understand that real life ALWAYS comes before a mobile gaming app, they are quite honestly idiots. I love this (frustrating) game. I run a guild that I love, The Black Sheep. And every single one of them knows that if they have a real-life issue, then I damn well expect them to take care of it before worrying about goblins invading the Orc Camp. And we score competitively, we score well, and we have FUN. When a guild's reason for worrying so much about you being offline for a few hours is because of all the money they've poured into this game, then THEY'VE POURED TOO MUCH MONEY INTO THIS GAME and desperately need to get their priorities in check.

If you ever start up another account of any sort or size, or even find yourself just looking for somewhere to be treated like a human being, shoot me a message at The Black Sheep. I don't care what your stats are, where you placed in the last war, or how long you've been playing the game. You'll be treated with respect and judged by who you are as a person, not a bunch of meaningless numbers. And you will have fun.

And no, I am not trying to recruit you. I just want you to know there are places that still remember this is a game, not a job. And that you can still be damn good at it without being treated like a puppet.

Get better soon.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Krayt, I'm glad you're feeling better, and that KA n TSA helped you through your time in the hospital :-)

Avatar, my condolences to you and yours.. may beautiful memories tide you through your grieving.

Post Count
    Krayt, you are my old friend, my partner at TSS, and member of my KA family. I am glad that you are on the mend and that you know where you belong (in game). I hope RL makes a better turn for you right now.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Many thanks, Shadows. I appreciate that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vclone View Post
    Krayt, you are my old friend, my partner at TSS, and member of my KA family. I am glad that you are on the mend and that you know where you belong (in game). I hope RL makes a better turn for you right now.
    Cheers to that. It's subtle instances of humanity like this that keep me playing the game -- despite the best efforts of our friends at gree to push me away.

Avatar-- I hope you can someday find peace in your loss.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Krayt

The reasons you are booted are not just because of the missing hours. Based on a variety of reasons like you sending private messages to other members and causing them to be uncomfortable with your questions to them has led to the attentions of the officers. Also your priorities of self over guild doesn't fit in with the RK 3 family. We have received feedbacks from our fellow members about what you said in chats and we find that you are not suitable in our environment in RK3. You have also been informed long and way before war that declaring in war is a bootable offense, I believe you didn't apologize to us about your declare, you only told us you did it and said it was by accident, but nothing of apologies or apologetic about it. We are having a hard time to finding reasons to keep even before war. We are sorry that we do not find you a good fit that's able to get along and blend well with the family, we wish you speedy recover and all the best in your future journey. Take care, Dagny RK3

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Lara

Curious as to who you are since there is no one named Lara in RK.
    As for your comments. PMs to members that members are uncomfortable with my questions? That's funny cause my questions were directed at officers and isn't that what they are supposed to deal with? Or you referring to my questions about how new members are held to high standard that long time members are not giving them a skate but new members would be booted? Asking new members to score 150k CP but old members just 93 wins (which is between 25-30k on average) seems more than a little unfair don't you think? I know officers were uncomfortable when I raised that point.

What have I said in chat that was not suitable? The only offense for which I was blocked from chat was for mentioning was an alien anal probe. Which Roger didn't have the guts to message me directly when he did block for that, I had to repeatedly message him to get answers about that. So please enlighten me, was else was offense or not suitable?

As for not apologizing. I have no clue who you are so I don't know if you were there or not. If you were and you were reading, I actually apologized two or even three times.

As for picking self over guild, that's laughable. I put in more work on guild quests than some officers.

I do find it comical though, that all these "issues" you now raise were not mentioned by Roger when he finally could decide to tell me why I was booted. The only common theme between you two is you mentioning my absence this war.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My apologies Dagny, I missed your name at the end...

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Sounds like a few people NEEDED an "alien anal probe" to remove the stick firmly lodged up their butt. Just sayin'.