Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Epic Chest - Coming Soon

Have you seen the in-game News? A new chest is coming.

Do you have some gems to spend? Waiting for an Epic reward?

I am not ready for it since I used my Gems in guild war. Though I am pretty curious on price/X#/epic.

It'll probably be similar to the last... 6x for an outrageous 450 or whatever it was.

But - They all already contain epics... "Epic Chests" is just en excuse to increase the price. 6x would be fair for the usual 30 gems. Not 40 or 45. And dont even think of doing an 50 gem chest.

If i buy the rainbow gempack when there is no sale - A chest that costs 45 gems is 27.5 Dkk(Danish currency) which is actually a full hot meal for 2 grown ups - Or 4 kids... It's insane.. 450 gems cost as much as it does to feed 1 person for a whole week when on a budget.

A fictional chest with a small chance of getting an armor VS. feeding 2 grown ups or 4 kids... Not a hard choice.

I want new armors and i want to start spending again - But the costs are to great.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Dianish View Post
    But - They all already contain epics... "Epic Chests" is just en excuse to increase the price. 6x would be fair for the usual 30 gems. Not 40 or 45.
    This guy...

7x (a .001% chance) chest for 45 gems!

Not worth it in my opinion. If the 80-chests reward had been the plus version, then it might had been worth considering.

ADD] Especially since [Reg]Arcane Mantle is already fusable.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hopeless82; 06-30-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Starlite, A Lvl-376 Knight of Android. [WBG-XYY-MHM]

Temp Guild Master of The Social Contract, Lvl-75 Guild

Bonuses: Earth(10%), Water(9%), Fire(9%), Spirit(10%), Air(10%)

Orc Raid: 10th Knight

Soon, Gwen's conjuring a new way to pick our collective pockets?

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

With the first epic chest, at least (1) they had a new epic (Triskelion) and (2) they had 3-4 flash sales to entice people to buy in to it. With this one, (1) it's fusable already (already mentioned earlier) so the appeal isn't there to take advantage of this one, and (2) we're stuck in a 20% gem sale for most of the day today. At least the chance went up - the first epic chest was a 6x, and this is a 7x. But with the price point being the same and the lack of anything new being offered, this is without a doubt a terrible idea.

I apologize for lapsing into my inner juvenile, but as a girl, the words "EPIC CHEST" just send me into the fits of the giggles...

*ahem*

As you were...

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Maybe they're focusing on getting noobs or non-spenders to spend? Yes, the Epic offered is fuseable, but fusing is a crapshoot and you have to be able to craft 4*, or get 4* from chance chests, to be able to fuse it, not including those 4*s have to have the right elements and not have some common element between them. I'm a mostly F2P (I've spent some, but not too often, less than $50 total), so I don't have a huge selection of 4*s that I can get rid of, so I can understand the appeal of a guaranteed epic.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

This chest is not worth it.

I believe the guaranteed Arcane has to do with the complaints of the Triskelion from the last Arcane Chest. Gree didn't want to guarantee a powerful new epic in line with the power trends of the time, so they kept the plus version in line but lowered the regular version's stats. This time, they didn't want to lower the stats of the new epic, which means they couldn't guarantee it, so they instead guaranteed the Arcane so the new epic to be released wouldn't be underpowered.

Like someone above said, Arcane+ would've been enticing, but 3k gems for opening 80 chests (120 chests normally for that price) for a guaranteed Arcane is definitely not worth it in my view. This is especially more so when better epic+ armors are offered at 5k gem events.

I believe this is the epic Gree chose to not guarantee because they didnt want to lower its stats:

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Bo...tml?sort=3&o=0
    IGN: FDP Yongsan RRu
    GM of ForgeDragons Path
    HC of The Rainbow Rug
    #6 War of the Enchantress
    #3 Xantico Raid
    No Minimums. Max Participation
    LINE fdpyongsan to apply

It is too expensive for me to justify spending money. 80 Chests for 2,999 gems, I sense that people will run out of money soon...lol

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    It is too expensive for me to justify spending money. 80 Chests for 2,999 gems, I sense that people will run out of money soon...lol
    I won't be buying any at these prices. It's insulting for what you get---or don't get. Either way, it's a bad deal. There will always be more money, but there won't always be patience from the customer base. If you want to play these sorts of price inflation games, offer constant 40% sales so at least people think they are getting a better deal. 20%, again, is an insult.

best chest ever

7X Chest Dont Seems To Give Out Good Rewards

Most of us opened this chest and got only 2 stars. 7x chance and most/all 2 stars......
    Underboss of Wraiths Disciples

Debt Collector 99/99, Mariachi$ 99/99, Triple Threat 99/99, Lethal Lover 99/99, Fatal Adventurer 99/99

After spending $150+ on chests and only getting 1 epic armor, im done paying for chests