Frontline or Full Assault?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which do would you rather have?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frontline

79 40.10%
  • Full Assault

118 59.90%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline or Full Assault?

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count

Frontline or Full Assault?

Just for fun let's say you have to pick one of them.. Which would it be?!

Personally I think the last full assault we had was a great event. They worked out all the problems except for unit selection and the rewards system... Frontline is just a really dumb event and is no fun for me

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    full assault - by far!!!
    full assault is a fight against a human rival - real strategy. more than WD
    frontline is just dropping units

Post Count
    Its hard to say. Full Assault did everything wrong. Frontline did most things wrong. The big issue with Full Assault is you have a ton of units to cycle through and I mean a ton. I have 8000 units and to look through them all for a 2k unit I dont take to battle is hard. Do that for every unit type and if it does make your battles, you get a warning each time. The lag issues and servers not updating fast enough are also issue. HOWEVER, if for Full Assault they let you pick 4 units to add to a "hot bar" to deploy without warning, that would be great.

With Frontline, I had a issue with the servers updating correctly. I almost missed my reward because it said I was ranked 1.6m in 10000 place but when I reset my tablet (thank Sephiroth I did), I was in 14000 place with 1.6m points so I had to rush to make 11000 to get the place I wanted. The other issue was unit strengths were too far apart. The event being 2 days long was not that big a deal but this is also a fast event like Full Assault so 1 day is for the best. The 1 hour battles were also too long. 30 minutes are for the best because most factions just sat around waiting for the final 5 to 10 minutes to attack.

The deploy regen was horrid. 5 minutes for 1 deploy is a bad idea and the person who thought of that should be fired. Regen should be about 10 every 5 minutes, with 30 minutes battles. The one thing Frontline does right is the battles are very responsive and you get points whether or not you win nodes. I perfer Frontline because of that alone as its VERY easy to lose games because you got no nodes. The Prizing was odd as well. There is no real incentive to come first because second place offers the best prize so our faction only scored enough points to just get the 25 tanks, as they are better then the carrier. I also noticed that the Frontline units are no longer in the store so I have no time between now and the next Frontline to set myself up.

How to make Full Assault better:
    - Add a hot bar to allow players to select 4 units from their inventory and add them to it, without warning to deploy
    - Make the server sync instant
    - Award points for deploying, like Frontline
    - Keep it a 1 day even
    - 30 minute battles
    - Make rewards really good for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to justify stat loss
    - If a unit reaches x0, its data is removed from inventory.

How to make Frontline better;
    - Make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place rewards better
    - Make into a 1 day event
    - Make into 30 minute battles
    - Give more time to prepare for Frontline (I used 552m to buy Growlers thinking I would use them for Frontline)
    - Fix server ranking issues so players dont miss rank thinking they have their ranking goal
    - Balance the strength between the units and reduce/increase the cost accordingly
    - FIX DEPLOY REGEN

Thats all I got. Im sure others can add to it.

Post Count
    I really enjoyed this event. I had no problems, and other than the insane regen time, myself and most of my faction had a blast with it! I think gree did a really good job with this one

Post Count
    Full Assault. Hands down.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What I hated about Front Line.

1)Deploy time is horrible, needs to be 1 deploy per minute or at least 1 deploy every 2 minutes.
    2)When buying units IOS does not display how many you have bought. Droid does, this needs fixed.
    3)Instead of 1 click per deploy you should be able to do either 1,5,10,25,50. Tired of the nonstop clicking Gree
    4)Needs more unit options, not all players can buy a bunch of tanks, and high IPH players need another cash option to buy.
    5) 1 hour wars is too long, 15 or 30 min per war would be better
    6) 48 hours is too long, 24 hours is plenty enough

What I like
    1) my stats didnt drop
    2) Units much easier to find
    3) LTQ along with it was cool

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    When we deploy new systems at work, no matter how much people griped about the last one, it becomes awesome in comparison to the new one. Human nature.

That being said, the things I liked about front line in comparison to full assault....

-I liked 4 dedicated unit types that do not burn your attack/defense.
    -I was ok with hour long wars, as it gave me time to do other stuff this weekend.

What I didn't like is a longer list than what I liked. Regen time was hilariously long for someone who wouldn't think of spending gold on this. The prizes you would get if you did spend gold made it even funnier. My favorite was the conversation guessing how it ended due to no results screen.

Someone on another thread said it well... It's like a game within the game with nothing that relates to the actual game in it.

I hated full assault with a passion. This event was tolerable, but needs some work for me to actually look forward to it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Both were trash

Post Count
    This ^^^^^^^^^

Post Count
    without dropping gold on deployment, frontline becomes stupid if the game is trying to allow players to use their IPH as a weapon like in full assault.

Going all out in frontline (max regen) will probably cost less than a billion at worst. For full assault, the bill could easily be 5 billion up to 10 billion if you deploy growlers only.

There needs to be a balance somewhere.
    Modern War
    Evga
    UK
    Lvl 82 IPH 38M
    209-395-061

War of Nations
    ViiVid_Evga (retired)
    212 mil AP 10 bases

Post Count
    I would say Frontline. It wasn't perfect but at least for those that use strategy vs spending it was good.

Battles were too long, 30 minutes would do. Match up times were also long, though I found them reasonably fair. Light gold and free players with a bit of work stood a bit of a chance.

I never liked Faulty Assault, perhaps because each successive version sucked more then the preceeding. Plus the painfull scrolling through inventory, and then finding the unit(s) you were looking for were not showing up...

I personally much preferred the 24 hour version of WD. It didn't suck down your entire weekend.

But in terms of strategy vs spending Frontline was probably the best of the worse so far....

In the other thread Sgt Rudd had some good comments and if implimented I think Frontline would be a keeper. It might even make me want to spend let alone come out of retirement.

But whatever we wind up with Gree's R&D manager for MW needs a slap, and the beta testers need to actually provide feedback that is used. If what was said about beta testers being afraid to say negative things is true then the entire beta program needs to be scrapped....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Frontline is total trash. Garbage. Get a new set of beta testers as I already said. You should've known this event was garbage before you released it.

The biggest problem with full assault was searching through the inventory, so just let people select about 5 of their favorite units of each type to be used in the event (5 sea, 5 air, 5 infantry, 5 ground). That will allow for diversity and better playing experience. In frontline you gave no options whatsoever. Everyone who was smart was using only tanks and those who are stupid used cruisers. People whose income is low simply had to sit this event out. Your beta testers are a huge problem. Get rid of them. Make sure that beta testers spread out among different fractions at different levels and that top factions are not over represented.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Neither event is all that great but Frontline is definitely the worse of the two. If you had given an option to can both of them that would have gotten my vote. Without that option, FA wins hands down.

Now GREE will see this poll and and because it will likely end in a relatively even split they will assume both events have merit. Guess what's coming after that? You got it! One weekend with FA, then a mini 24h WD, followed by FL, then cap it all off with main WD. We can tie up every weekend of the month! Don't forget to squeeze at least 3 raid bosses, 2 epic bosses, 4 separate LE buildings, 5 crate events, and 10 LTQs/FLTQs into that schedule too!

Cheers,
    EM
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 06-29-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannski View Post
    When we deploy new systems at work, no matter how much people griped about the last one, it becomes awesome in comparison to the new one. Human nature.

That being said, the things I liked about front line in comparison to full assault....

-I liked 4 dedicated unit types that do not burn your attack/defense.
    -I was ok with hour long wars, as it gave me time to do other stuff this weekend.

What I didn't like is a longer list than what I liked. Regen time was hilariously long for someone who wouldn't think of spending gold on this. The prizes you would get if you did spend gold made it even funnier. My favorite was the conversation guessing how it ended due to no results screen.

Someone on another thread said it well... It's like a game within the game with nothing that relates to the actual game in it.

I hated full assault with a passion. This event was tolerable, but needs some work for me to actually look forward to it.
    This idea of having units that are not part of your inventory is totally STUPID! Before we were buying units that were part of our inventory and we could use them in full assault. Unused units were left in our inventory.

Now you waste money on units that are not part of the inventory. You are still buying units, so you are still spending game cash or gold that could've been spend on useful units. The left over units that you bought are a waste once again. Rewarded units are a waste for players of all levels. How is this better that using units from the inventory?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I would say Frontline. It wasn't perfect but at least for those that use strategy vs spending it was good.

Battles were too long, 30 minutes would do. Match up times were also long, though I found them reasonably fair. Light gold and free players with a bit of work stood a bit of a chance.

I never liked Faulty Assault, perhaps because each successive version sucked more then the preceeding. Plus the painfull scrolling through inventory, and then finding the unit(s) you were looking for were not showing up...

I personally much preferred the 24 hour version of WD. It didn't suck down your entire weekend.

But in terms of strategy vs spending Frontline was probably the best of the worse so far....

In the other thread Sgt Rudd had some good comments and if implimented I think Frontline would be a keeper. It might even make me want to spend let alone come out of retirement.

But whatever we wind up with Gree's R&D manager for MW needs a slap, and the beta testers need to actually provide feedback that is used. If what was said about beta testers being afraid to say negative things is true then the entire beta program needs to be scrapped....
    What strategy did you use in Frontline? How many gold refills to have? It was about who can spend the most gold. What strategy are you talking about? Everyone used the same darn unit. Everyone waited for health to regenerate. Most people used a bit strategy about deployment but that's about all. It was a gold spending contest and nothing else.