Frontline or Full Assault? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which do would you rather have?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frontline

79 40.10%
  • Full Assault

118 59.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frontline or Full Assault?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Three things would fix it - make the LTQ and FLTQ prizes units that can be used in the real game; make the regen time a lot less - 1-2 minutes; even out the unit point values so that there are other options than either one in game cash or gold purchase - the two low value units were completely worthless and pointless.
    Even with regeneration of 1 per minute it will take 250 minutes to get to full health. That's over 4 hours to regenerate which is way too slow anyways. In what other event do we have to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate. One of the biggest problems is that gree as well as many players can't do the second grade math. You guys are throwing numbers around which are not based on anything.

In WD, wars last 1 hour and it take about 30 min to 1 hour for us to get to full health. That makes sense. How would you like to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate in WD? You wouldn't like it but that's what you are asking. With 2 min regen, it would take close to 9 hours.

Having any kind of fixed units will never work. Terrible idea. Forget about it. People will always go for the highest units when units are fixed. The only way to solve that problem is to let people select units from their own inventory. Paying for made up units for Frontline or paying for units that could be in your inventory - which one do you think is better? You still paid for fake units in frontline and now the left over units are wasted. That's the worst idea ever. I think the best way to go is to let people select 5 favorite units of each unit type from their inventory. That way they'll have a choice of 5x4=20 different units that they can deploy. Different players will choose different units which will allow for power diversity and low income people can pick valor or gold units. It's that simple. Why devs created this mess with the new units in Fronline is beyond me

Post Count
    This crap of an event that full assault became is just a money grabbing, boring event. 3 20-minute wars and being able to use up your crap units was what made the previous events what they were. Awesome. Frontline is epic fail.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I must say that I sometimes admire GREE's marketing moves (not that I like or approve them but just clever...): you have a game changing event, destined to be another money maker like WD, but majority doesn't like it and objects.
    So you throw out a changed version, which is worse (at least it is received worse by many...). So now everybody cries out to get the first one back... Bingo - that's where they want you to be...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Napgar View Post
    I must say that I sometimes admire GREE's marketing moves (not that I like or approve them but just clever...): you have a game changing event, destined to be another money maker like WD, but majority doesn't like it and objects.
    So you throw out a changed version, which is worse (at least it is received worse by many...). So now everybody cries out to get the first one back... Bingo - that's where they want you to be...
    I don't think so. I think they changed it so they can make a lot more money. Frontline was a total money grab. It was designed to get people to buy gold. Even the 100/250 health set up and super slow regen rate were designed to squeeze as much gold as possible out of people. It's all about squeezing as much money as possible. They don't care about anything else. They don't care about their reputation or player experience or customer satisfaction. Have you noticed that gree has never ran a single poll on the forum? What does that tell you?

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinko View Post
    Even with regeneration of 1 per minute it will take 250 minutes to get to full health. That's over 4 hours to regenerate which is way too slow anyways. In what other event do we have to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate. One of the biggest problems is that gree as well as many players can't do the second grade math. You guys are throwing numbers around which are not based on anything.

In WD, wars last 1 hour and it take about 30 min to 1 hour for us to get to full health. That makes sense. How would you like to wait over 4 hours for health to regenerate in WD? You wouldn't like it but that's what you are asking. With 2 min regen, it would take close to 9 hours.

Having any kind of fixed units will never work. Terrible idea. Forget about it. People will always go for the highest units when units are fixed. The only way to solve that problem is to let people select units from their own inventory. Paying for made up units for Frontline or paying for units that could be in your inventory - which one do you think is better? You still paid for fake units in frontline and now the left over units are wasted. That's the worst idea ever. I think the best way to go is to let people select 5 favorite units of each unit type from their inventory. That way they'll have a choice of 5x4=20 different units that they can deploy. Different players will choose different units which will allow for power diversity and low income people can pick valor or gold units. It's that simple. Why devs created this mess with the new units in Fronline is beyond me
    Very well written. Made me think.

In this last event, if we had a 30 second regen we could do 120 deploys in an hour.. If all 120 were tanks that would mean about 60 mil in game cash worth of units per hour... Still not enough.. I was spending 500 mil game cash per hour (50 growlers, sometimes more) in full assault. Could make regen 15 seconds so I could deploys $200 mil per hour.. But then that's too much clicking. If we are going to keep frontline around we really just need way more powerful and more expensive units.

I still say trash frontline and bring back full assault. Frontline is basically a really lousy, boring, and pointless version of full assault.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyo1 View Post
    where is the strategy in frontline?
    why take more than one node?
    why declare more than 1-2 battle a day?
    You get more control points by winning multiple nodes, rather than massively winning one node.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Both are terrible. Time to fire some managers

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't understand those who said they liked Frontline. What was there to like? Perhaps, the freed up time you didn't have to spend playing this silly game?

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed the downtime too...but it had nothing to do with the actual playing of Frontline. We all have been asking for a break. With this POS, Gree unintentionally gave it to us.

What was wrong with Full Assault? They basically gave us a scroller for inventory management and not a real sorter. And you couldn't save the ques that were created during deployment. How dumb is that?

To be perfectly honest, simple fixes and common sense could have made Full Assault a winner from the start. The way they executed the roll out and adjusted the parameters in insane ways made it 'tank'. Instead of fixing the inventory management issues (that have always existed in the game) Gree decides to create an entirely separate inventory with Frontline that has nothing to do with the rest of the game!

Pardon me, but I cannot express what I am truly thinking, without getting into a bit of trouble!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I quite liked it... mainly because it focused in the weekend into battles every few hours... freeing up time for real life. Battles were too long though, you had 30mins in the middle where nothing happened. Other points I'll repeat made by others were: silly balance of 1st place versus 2nd place rewards. One request I would make, is to make the individual scoring based on raw deploys... from what I could see it was influenced by the total faction deploy multipliers (which it would be good to understand properly by the way)... and from a faction perspective, peoples scores were heavily dependent on which battles they had taken part in, so it was hard to ensure that everyone was deploying the agreed amount relative to their IPH

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    Very well written. Made me think.

In this last event, if we had a 30 second regen we could do 120 deploys in an hour.. If all 120 were tanks that would mean about 60 mil in game cash worth of units per hour... Still not enough.. I was spending 500 mil game cash per hour (50 growlers, sometimes more) in full assault. Could make regen 15 seconds so I could deploys $200 mil per hour.. But then that's too much clicking. If we are going to keep frontline around we really just need way more powerful and more expensive units.

I still say trash frontline and bring back full assault. Frontline is basically a really lousy, boring, and pointless version of full assault.
    so true. i love full assault for that reason. for once in my life, there was a strategic event that i can play without committing a couple hundred bucks.

At first it was boss could be done for free if enough regen were acquired (then it got ridiculous, now it's back down), and then LTQ (a long time ago, if you got enough regen and prestage the npc). Then frontal assault was the next with the main requirement being IPH.

I think gree needs income... but you got to make some stuff gold light too.
    Modern War
    Evga
    UK
    Lvl 82 IPH 38M
    209-395-061

War of Nations
    ViiVid_Evga (retired)
    212 mil AP 10 bases

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Both are terrible. Time to fire some managers
    I agree. Can we have a faction event the does not require the faction to operate as a team? This game is very time consuming and another event that has to have all faction members on deck at the same time is getting old. Gree, can we have an old school FVF tourney with frontline prizes? Not every weekend like you used to but once between WD? It was an event that everyone in the faction can do when they have time, not when the team dictates. The FVF tourneys were fun when they first started, but got old because Gree overplayed them. Once between WD would be nice for a change.

How about instead of these horrible events Gree you make some involving using stamina since most players have like 50 or more stamina they do nothing with at all.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    One thing really killed it for me - Having to pay gold for the top unit. Absolutely destroyed the event IMO

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Neither. None. And nada.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    For the most part, some really constructive feedback! Pinning for a couple days.