Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Raid Bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless82 View Post
    It would help if they actually released details on the mechanics of the Raid Boss fight instead of being so hush-hush about it.

What kind of energy will we be using?

What kind of rewards are we talking about here? What will each Guild's top knight get? I doubt the "bonus" for being your Guild's top knight will be that good, otherwise people will just splinter off to form their own guilds and one-man show the Raid Boss.

Will guild guardians be used?

It is all speculation at this point. At least the +20 armor slots is a hard fact. They could have been extra smarmy and not mention the exact number. "Coming Soon! An Epic New Number of Armor Slots for Lvl 100+ Players!" The marketers for this game seriously dilute the excitement of the word, "Epic".

Cheers.
    Yes very true, I guess it is the speculation that I like. As far as the bonus for being top in guild, it has to be something small, maybe valuable to a lower lvl player, but not to a high lvl (Fba's, 4* armor, etc...). There are 2000+ guilds, no shot they give away 2000+ of something good for free.

As for the rest, I am very curious about the mechanics. It says you SCOUT enemies, I wonder if scouting is a new type of attack mode or something?

Also it says you defeat Orcs, Rats and other Dark creatures, this sounds like you are facing more than just 1 major enemy, maybe it works something like stages where you defeat minions prior to facing a high level boss at the end.
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Are you saying capped players (formerly with 170 slots) do NOT get the 20 more slots?
    Former cap was 80, so anyone over level 180 now has 170 slots, so they will get MORE than the 20 promised slot increase. I am over 180, so I know this for sure
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    it says you defeat Orcs, Rats and other Dark creatures, this sounds like you are facing more than just 1 major enemy...
    I think we'll have 1 per event, and the others are what we will be facing down the line, i.e. Orc first (since it's in the banner), a Rat type next event, and other "Dark Creatures (reads "We haven't thought that far ahead", lol)" for future events.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

My bet is a similar reward system to wars and arena competitions: a new epic for the #1 guild (one that would already have all their slots full of epics anyway, in order to have been able to win this), #2-25 receive outdated 4-stars, and all weaker guilds foul-smelling garbage armor as a slap on their bottoms.

The new announced top player award could also be an epic though: Moontide. Just the standard version of course, what did you think?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I take grees announcements with a bite of salt since the last top event that awarded us with Northerners for weeks of 'working' the game.
    Last edited by roookey1; 07-03-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Not begging anyone to 'join my guild' since like ...ever.

We are literally getting an asston amount of rewards, which I'm cool with

Quote Originally Posted by BW Rhaegar View Post
    We are literally getting an asston amount of rewards, which I'm cool with
    At what costs? About 600 gems per member for a full guild to reach top25 ? I dont understand how Gree justify the costs...

Its just Guild Wars v2.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

literally

Dianish you aren't right, but you aren't necessarily wrong either. There are four ways to get rewards as opposed to guild wars one reward system. Even if you play in a casual guild that doesn't require gems you will get a lot of fodder, keys, fusion stones. This event is good for heavy gem spenders that want to shoot for an epic, and free guilds like the one I run, so I'm happy. The reward system is much better structured, and I can see them doing something similar for guild wars in the future.
    Last edited by BW Rhaegar; 07-04-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianish View Post
    Its just Guild Wars v2.
    I think this will be a bit more challenging in that since we're not fighting each other, there's no way for us to help each other in the form of stripping or running interference with other allied/coalition guilds. This one will be based more or less on the guild's ability to fight consistently against someone, in this case orcs. Granted, there is still an energy component, which means that high spenders will still enjoy an advantage, but without guilds helping guilds it will be interesting to see how the top 10/25 plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-fan View Post
    I think this will be a bit more challenging in that since we're not fighting each other, there's no way for us to help each other in the form of stripping or running interference with other allied/coalition guilds. This one will be based more or less on the guild's ability to fight consistently against someone, in this case orcs. Granted, there is still an energy component, which means that high spenders will still enjoy an advantage, but without guilds helping guilds it will be interesting to see how the top 10/25 plays out.
    I personally like it how it is, without the ability to strip or get cheese points by fighting an allied guild this is more about your guilds ability to do well on its own which it should be. Look at how Death Knights are getting bent by ONLY THE BEST, this leaderboard right now is how it should probably usually be if there wasn't stripping and guilds helping one another :P

This is broken, a lot of us have unlimited energy

The Lvl-5 Raid Boss seems a little overtuned, in my opinion. Also, Holy Smokes on the current Top 3 individual knights.

Cheers.
    Starlite, A Lvl-376 Knight of Android. [WBG-XYY-MHM]

Temp Guild Master of The Social Contract, Lvl-75 Guild

Bonuses: Earth(10%), Water(9%), Fire(9%), Spirit(10%), Air(10%)

Orc Raid: 10th Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-fan View Post

There is nothing challenging by spending gems. Thats why its GWv2

But i like this more than wars.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

This is broken, a lot of us have unlimited energy
    I had unlimited energy at first until I used a gem attack. That seemed to break whatever was wrong and now I'm a mere mortal.

I am LOVING the reward structure. It seems every which way you turn, you trip over a prize. I am very happy that those who work hardest in a guild get recognized; I wish the slackers (i.e. leeches, i.e. Those who never strike a single blow) would get NOTHING, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    I had unlimited energy at first until I used a gem attack. That seemed to break whatever was wrong and now I'm a mere mortal.

I am LOVING the reward structure. It seems every which way you turn, you trip over a prize. I am very happy that those who work hardest in a guild get recognized; I wish the slackers (i.e. leeches, i.e. Those who never strike a single blow) would get NOTHING, but at least this is a step in the right direction.
    Completely agree although it is really boring to top guilds, probably a lot more exciting for lower guilds and yeah all the rewards are great especially for newer players. Maybe it would be better as a blitz tho, not 3 days but thats my opinion.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --