Epic Boss: Is The Event "Too Easy"?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Is the Epic Boss event too easy?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is too easy. Gree should make it harder

5 5.26%
  • Yes, it is too easy, but Gree should keep it as is

8 8.42%
  • No, it is not too easy. Gree should not make it harder

73 76.84%
  • No, it is not too easy, but Gree should make it harder

2 2.11%
  • Titty Sprinkles

7 7.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss: Is The Event "Too Easy"?

Consistent Contributor KingDante!'s Avatar
    Post Count

Post Epic Boss: Is The Event "Too Easy"?

I've heard many people argue that the Epic Boss is "too easy" and that it doesn't offer much of a challenge for players with higher stats.

I personally know players who completed the event without ever having to use more than 2 free hits, but I also know some who required a vault of gold in order to complete it.

So what's the general consensus?

Note: This is not a petition to have Gree raise the EB health, simply a poll to see what the people think. So please do say I'm complaining.
    Last edited by KingDante!; 06-26-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Post Count
    Lvl 150 took 3 cash hits. Not much of a challenge. But still enough tapping to get them all done. Don't change it please.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The challenge isn't health so much as time. I have to trigger 150 bosses (which has become easier, thx GREE) and coordinate hits with faction goals. I like the 100 wrapper and a more advanced 150 wrapper, bonuses at two stages so players who can't do 150 still have a nice reward.

Yes, many players can complete the event without gold, but most can't. The boss health is going up each time but not by the exorbitant amount that is used to. For a while there the health was going up way faster than stat inflation- that's no fun.

So.. I like it how it is (easy for me)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think the reward is you invest the time to do the event, 150 bosses is a lot of tapping the health is just right, i used to get bored being sat 5 days with boss 25 being to hard to take down, congrats to gree for getting an event right

Consistent Contributor KingDante!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrich View Post
    The challenge isn't health so much as time. I have to trigger 150 bosses (which has become easier, thx GREE) and coordinate hits with faction goals. I like the 100 wrapper and a more advanced 150 wrapper, bonuses at two stages so players who can't do 150 still have a nice reward.

Yes, many players can complete the event without gold, but most can't. The boss health is going up each time but not by the exorbitant amount that is used to. For a while there the health was going up way faster than stat inflation- that's no fun.

So.. I like it how it is (easy for me)
    Yea, I remember those days. Boss health would nearly double in between campaigns. Even if you completed every event and placed well in WD, the next boss was still a bit more difficult than the previous

Post Count
    Well since not everyone can reach 150 kills, may it be time or boss health. I'd say the epic boss has finally become fun.
    The epic boss use to be hit it the first day get to boss lvl 20 ish and run away from it for the next 4 days. Then they added faction goals but the health was too high still to have any enjoyment out of it.

Don't change this format gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    That's the problem. The boss was too easy for a small percentage of players with highly inflated stats, perhaps, for those with 400-500mil accounts around lvl 100-150. For the rest of us it took way too much time. I got sick of the event towards the end and didn't get to 150.

The question is how many of those monster accounts are out there. Maybe gree knows the answer to that question. I would guess that those players represent about 1% of MW community. They are very active and therefore very visible on this forum, so it sounds like boss event was easy but it wasn't. It was easy for a very small percent of players. For the rest of us it took too much time and too much effort and like I said I got really sick of killing these bosses

I don't know if there is a way for gree to make the event harder for those with high stats so they would stop complaining that it's too easy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If you want a challenge level up, it sucks in the 251-299 group and I'm sure even more for the 300 group.
    Last edited by ElMacho; 06-26-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    Space Monkeys United (SMU)

Bangkok - 99 (Boom! LOL)
    Argentia - 102 (heart breaking help us get over the hump!)
    Zimbabwe - 129
    Peru - 136
    Indonesia - 161
    Jakarta - 199
    Front Line - (Is terrible)
    30K WD points min and 200M+ Stats

Post Count
    There needs to be a happy Medium.

If they decide to keep the 150 Kill Format then I think it should be obtainable for the masses with a small amount of gold for the fist 100 and then ramp up a little for the 120-150. As it stands if the vast of majority of players can complete for free its as if the event never really happened to begin with.
    VFF Legends

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I like it. I got to 112 this time around taking 11 cash hits. But a much better event now, than how it used to be.
    If some are finding it to easy, well count yourselves lucky.

Don't change a thing Gree.

Post Count
    I am in the 251-299 tier and it was not bad. I just did 30 bosses a day so the faction goal is done.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    I couldn't vote twice so my second vote is below:

Titty Sprinkles

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Put the 300's in the same group as the 251-299

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like the format. It's a good difficulty for many players but it's time taking (which is ok because I'd rather spend time than gold). Main player killed 135 bosses with about 9 cash hits each (and ran out of time) and my level 60ish player finished the event with about 2 hours left.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    For my stat, it is just nice. I am on lvl 251, 297A and it is taking me to the last day to complete it. I think GREE is good and gone for the medium this time. And they are putting energies up for every boss event...so I suspect, it is going to be tougher next time round...as such, I would say to NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.