Interesting idea... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting idea...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty McPurr View Post
    While most IPH giants won't bother with an upgrade of a Laundromat to lvl15 (especially because they would have to rebuild one...lol), the newer guys would love a 10k-20k building every 5 minutes, right. So it would revitilize the game for newbies.

***and yes, I keep talking about Laundromats...but it would do the same for italien restaurants, or dominican restaurants, Nightclubs...etc.
    So what you're actually asking for is two different things. You want the income of a building to change above 10 and you also want the ability to go to 15

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree has unbalanced every other aspect of the game. Which leads me to believe that if this were possible, they woulda done it long ago. Sometimes, its a technical issue. its not always that they don't listen to us.
    Pagoda no good.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy_P_Martini View Post
    Gree has unbalanced every other aspect of the game. Which leads me to believe that if this were possible, they woulda done it long ago. Sometimes, its a technical issue. its not always that they don't listen to us.
    Changing build/upgrade times or output is just changing a line of code isn't it?

Nuking the old buildings for new ones might not be possible. I remember it being said the game code makes it tricky to do so, which is why they recycle existing buildings for LTBs, sometimes from maps, sometimes store ones with a new paint job.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    So what you're actually asking for is two different things. You want the income of a building to change above 10 and you also want the ability to go to 15
    I am not proposing LVL 10 buildings payout any more than they already do. What I am saying is adding the ability to upgrade to level 15 would increase those buildings worth...making them more relevant for income and for robbing.

As a side note, perhaps upgrade times are an obstacle for newbies...that is understandable. Perhaps either:
    A) make all upgrade beyond L10 equal to the time of current Lvl10 upgrades...or
    B) decrease the upgrade times of regular buildings (not LTBs)...although this does spit in the face of the time I and many other have spent on those upgrades.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Level 15 mats and barbershops. Oh yeah, that will increase robbing lol. People whom waste their time upgrading those buildings are way behind already. We get 2 new buildings every war cycle. Upgrade those to level 10 and you will see why your idea is not interesting at all and misleads newer players trying to build their iph. We also just got another iph boost from new syn bonuses. Gree has way more important things to update and/or repair.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think in the end of all this we will agree the store for buildings needs to be updated. Not to make 40 nc style buildings but buildings that can at least make sense. As of now its italian, mt, loft, nc and ltb.....thats the progression anyone who gets advice takes

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Congrats to everybody who has participated in this discussion thus far. It has been a civil discourse, with many ideas and opinions flowing without flaming, and trolling/bashing those ideas of others! And we are 2 pages in! Thanks guys!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Level 15 mats and barbershops. Oh yeah, that will increase robbing lol. People whom waste their time upgrading those buildings are way behind already. We get 2 new buildings every war cycle. Upgrade those to level 10 and you will see why your idea is not interesting at all and misleads newer players trying to build their iph. We also just got another iph boost from new syn bonuses. Gree has way more important things to update and/or repair.
    In response to your post, I say...Lvl15 Laundromats at let's just say 15k per 5 minutes X 2 laundromats = 30k (before bonuses)...avid collection can easily help a newbie. 30k every 5 minutes...let's just say you collect that 30 times a day...900k per day from your easily collected laundromats. round it to 1mil a day...sizable to any newbie looking for a NC of whatever other cash goal.

Am I wrong? Do you guys not remember what income collection was like when you first started?

Post Count
    Congrats to everybody who has participated in this discussion thus far. It has been a civil discourse, with many ideas and opinions flowing without flaming, and trolling/bashing those ideas of others! And we are 2 pages in! Thanks guys!
    Something else to consider...

The money buildings, as they are, all work. They're not broken. Asking Gree to change or "fix" anything about the existing money buildings available in the store is just asking for trouble. For both us as players and Gree as developers. Better for everyone if they leave things alone and focus on what they can do with future LTBs.

That being said, the store buildings worth having are just as worth having now as they were (almost) three years ago. A vast majority of people just don't utilize the long upgrade times to their advantage, which is why they don't like the long upgrades.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have been playing a decent amount of of as is evidence by my join date....before my main accounts hood was deleted and gree did nothing to fix it and my building iph back to 4 mil iph and my mini being at almost 2 mil....i have, between both account built one, yes one, building to level 10 over all this time....its an ice cream joint btw.....newbies, no matter the payout will keep building like that. Its an instant gratification kind of thing. Put better buildings in store or newbies will always strive to afford a nc....which they dont need lvl 10, let alone 15 to accomplish

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    Something else to consider...

The money buildings, as they are, all work. They're not broken. Asking Gree to change or "fix" anything about the existing money buildings available in the store is just asking for trouble. For both us as players and Gree as developers. Better for everyone if they leave things alone and focus on what they can do with future LTBs.

That being said, the store buildings worth having are just as worth having now as they were (almost) three years ago. A vast majority of people just don't utilize the long upgrade times to their advantage, which is why they don't like the long upgrades.
    Very true...it is about correct management of your currently available resources.

Post Count
    There's nothing inherently wrong with new players having a low income though....given the new store items, if you give a high IPH to newbies that can't afford a $4mil building and then we'll suddenly have 30,000 new level 20's out there all packing 10mil in stats because they bought the expensive stuff from the store (ok, probably a bit over the top, but you know what I mean).

The whole idea is to earn your way up into the ranks, to slowly build up over time. The dude in the mail room doesn't earn anywhere near the CEO, nor does he expect to be the CEO in a few weeks - Crime City is a game played over months and years, not a few weeks.

What's the point of putting everyone on an even playing field or helping low levels achieve the upper echelons faster? The default stock buildings can be purchased by everyone assuming their level is high enough. LTB's differ in that you only need to be able to afford them, level is irrelevant. If a newbie wants a high IPH, buy a gold pack, buy cash and buy an LTB. Otherwise, why not just earn your way up to it like the other million or so players that have come before?

Gree has already taken the hard part out - they made everyone even with respect to stats - this makes it very easy to rob and find targets....unless you're above level 240, then it tough to find anyone that hasn't already collected.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    I have been playing a decent amount of of as is evidence by my join date....before my main accounts hood was deleted and gree did nothing to fix it and my building iph back to 4 mil iph and my mini being at almost 2 mil....i have, between both account built one, yes one, building to level 10 over all this time....its an ice cream joint btw.....newbies, no matter the payout will keep building like that. Its an instant gratification kind of thing. Put better buildings in store or newbies will always strive to afford a nc....which they dont need lvl 10, let alone 15 to accomplish
    Correct, newbies don't need a Lvl15 NC...that is the "selling point" to long term players. However increasing an Ice crem parlor to L15 would be tastey to a newbie that can't yet afford a NC or a reasonably priced LTB (or what we long term players deem "reasonably affordable")

Lurker
    Post Count
    Correct, newbies don't need a Lvl15 NC...that is the "selling point" to long term players. However increasing an Ice crem parlor to L15 would be tastey to a newbie that can't yet afford a NC or a reasonably priced LTB (or what we long term players deem "reasonably affordable")
    Yes but at the same time what "newbie" will upgrade a laudromat, ice cream joint or whatever even to level 10. I've been playing well over a yr and still dont have any buildings at 10....besides 1 ice cream joint on my mini(and my goal was to get something to 10 finally).....point being, nobody without a heavy iph upgrades anything to level 10....forget 15. Laundromat, comedy club or anything else

Lurker
    Post Count
    The best solution is to bring in a whole new set of buildings