Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Angry Leveling up after 100, bad idea?

Hi all,

I've put this question into the general thread, and got some useful answers. However, I want to be absolutely sure and need more opinion, possibly something official?

Basically, as I level up, to about 550 now, I encounter much tougher opponents, much more frequently, most of the time now. Winning in Arena mode is really difficult now.

That's not all. My guild is also meeting much stronger guild now. I know that we are matched up against guilds that earn similar number of points. However, out of all the guilds that have similar points, we always seem to meet the strongest team, and this frustrate us as we Vs guild that has all epic and above, guild that have members fight more than 50 battles per war!

Even when I defeat very strong Sentinel and Master, I only receive around 300 points, which hardly worth the effort.

We don't have many gems, and limited number of members, and this is frustrating as we feel like meeting the dead end!

What should I do now? Because of me, my guild can't progress. Most members have level around 100 and below, and it is not fair for them to loose most of the time!

I farm 3 star amours and leveling up cannot be avoided. Even if I stop farming now, it maybe too late for my guild.

We should be encouraged for getting stronger, work harder, but instead, getting punished.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!!

Cheers,

I'm only Lvl-345, so not as high as your 550, but our guild does get matched up with Top25/50 Guilds such as "The D", "Holy Hot Mess", etc... We just take it on the chin and soldier on. Win some, lose some. Most of our members are free-players, so we set pretty realistic goals and work towards them.

You haven't mentioned yet what your Guild's goal is in a war, but generally speaking, if you intend to push for Ribbon C and above, some gemming will be required (that, or a LOT of free time amongst your members).

Above Lvl-100, level differences become meaningless. A Lvl-1000 player in a, say Tectonic, hits as hard as a Lvl-125 player. Assuming both are of the same rank, and have the same Guild Elemental Bonuses. Both will also die horribly to a guy wearing the Cyclops Battlegear+.

Points received from defeating an enemy GM will also vary wildly as there is a significant range of values for the base score. Assuming the enemy GM is Lvl-100+ (there is only a point penalty if the target is below Lvl-100, and the attacker is higher level than him), the range of the base score is 170-330.

So assuming a victory, you can end up with a score ranging from 285-525, plus 20% if during a Frenzy.

If you want your Guild to perform better, then start taking steps to get better. Your Guild is also behind on two things.

1) Members below Lvl-100
    2) Inferior Armors

That's an issue with your guild, not the game. If you want to get better rewards, then your Guild needs to get better.

As for Arena, one free tip. Don't fight the top two options.

Cheers.
    Starlite, A Lvl-376 Knight of Android. [WBG-XYY-MHM]

Temp Guild Master of The Social Contract, Lvl-75 Guild

Bonuses: Earth(10%), Water(9%), Fire(9%), Spirit(10%), Air(10%)

Orc Raid: 10th Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless82 View Post
    ...If you want your Guild to perform better, then start taking steps to get better. Your Guild is also behind on two things.

1) Members below Lvl-100
    2) Inferior Armors

That's an issue with your guild, not the game. If you want to get better rewards, then your Guild needs to get better...
    Meaning, his guild should NOT have players below Lvl 100, and that they need better armors than they currently have? Just making absolutely sure what you meant.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

I feel like since i passed lvl 200 my arena opponents have become tougher and i get way less points for the same targets in guild war as our level 90-150 guys.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroeland View Post
    I feel like since i passed lvl 200 my arena opponents have become tougher and i get way less points for the same targets in guild war as our level 90-150 guys.
    Out of sheer curiosity, what is the spread of levels in your alliance? Highest and lowest levels? % of players above and below Lvl 100?

We're still new, so our highest is Lvl 89, lowest 44. I expect these figures to fluctuate greatly as we continue to grow and take on new players.
    Last edited by Rookeye; 06-24-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroeland View Post
    What is your position in your guild? I am usually an hc, but was Sent last war as our usual sent went for a top 10 run. I sometimes keep track of points to figure out how to best use my gems in wars. As a sent, I averaged about 210 per gm win before bonus, while as an hc I averaged around 250 per gm win before bonus. I do not think your level has anything to do with your points per win, unless you're level <100.
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

legit, I am in the guild with rookeye, Rookeye is an HC, and I am also an HC. I am getting close to level 100. I am reading and from what everyone is saying should I stop short of 100 and wait for other to catch me, or if we bring on lower level players into our guild, can I keep going but maybe at a slower rate and match their rate of growth? We are trying to work all of this out for the better of the guild.

I don't believe level impacts the guilds you face, the points you get, your arena match-ups.
    Level 100 & onwards will be the exact same in terms of those things to my knowledge. A level 1000 player should get the same tier of arena matches as the level 100 player.
    My guess is that the harder arena matchups and such is a factor of your own armors improving,
    the guild matchups the growth of your guild; I think guilds match based on similar declare times and guild level, element bonuses. I may be wrong on this.
    As for war points, all the same, again, but you do get lower points for farming a below level 100 member when you are over level 100. We brought in a friend of one of our members since we had a spot anyway before war who was level 34, and everytime our opponents found & farmed him, it wasn't a big deal since the points given up weren't much at all. The points themselves are random though in terms of the base points you get from beating someone. I could get say 184 on one win, then on the same target I could get 330 on the next. The only steady thing is that HC, GC, GS give 20% extra as officer bonus on top of the base points, and GM's give 50% extra. And of course, all targets give 10 extra points for each knight they had in their lineup- so 10 points if they had one knight in their lineup, 30 if all 3 are there.
    I am level 486 and did not really experience any of the mentioned problems :/

As to what Rookeye asked, when our guild first started 6 months ago we had a bunch of low levels including myself as I was level 67. I believe most guilds become predominantly level100 and above for members as they grow. Everyone in our guild is above 100 but we will accept active applicants that have not played for very long that are below 100, so I guess that depends on the guild.

They really do need to give more incentive to leveling though. 1 gem, 1 gold key, or 25000 gold is not enough compensation nor incentive for continued activity in the game, on top of the already-boring map. Actually, I had initially thought that was what this thread would be about, not guild & arena matchups and such.
    Last edited by Yongsan; 06-24-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    IGN: FDP Yongsan RRu
    GM of ForgeDragons Path
    HC of The Rainbow Rug
    #6 War of the Enchantress
    #3 Xantico Raid
    No Minimums. Max Participation
    LINE fdpyongsan to apply

Quote Originally Posted by Twh21702 View Post
    legit, I am in the guild with rookeye, Rookeye is an HC, and I am also an HC. I am getting close to level 100. I am reading and from what everyone is saying should I stop short of 100 and wait for other to catch me, or if we bring on lower level players into our guild, can I keep going but maybe at a slower rate and match their rate of growth? We are trying to work all of this out for the better of the guild.
    IMO, get to level 100 ASAP and encourage the others to do the same. Don't slow down your growth. Having ONE member over lvl 100 will not change much, if anything, especially because if I remember correctly, you are a newer guild, likely still lower leveled? So you do not have to worry about pairing up with any of the big boys in war.

The stronger you are, the more you can do in war to help the lower level members out, so keep pushing is my advice
    Bulls on Parade
    IGN: BoP B Legit
    LINE ID: BLegit

Yongsan & B Legit, thanks to both of you for your replies. I just wanted to make sure my high level was not punishing our guild. Like Rookeye said we had a lot of battles this last war where everyone was very hard to the point none of us could consistently win.

Thanks all for your opinions! If it is totally random in term of match up, that's fine. I'm happy to face random opponents that have similar points. However, from the time of having zero point to when the war finished, I face all strong opponents. Killing GM with stronger stats than me (I win by rearranging my line up), giving me only 300 points.

Same with Arena, from the very beginning, I face opponents with all epics. And no, I don't go revenge on the guys already beat me.

Maybe I just have to accept it as random bad luck.

So, should I still farming 3 stars materials, and having leveling up as a side effect?

Thanks!

Do you ever pay attention to the players' "crossed swords" and rank, in Arena?

I mean, the higher the Crossed Sword #, the more often that player fights (and forgive me, but new players and inexperienced players will not have a high number here)...however the lower the Rank (say, 5,000 rather than 38,000) indicates they are successful, and prolly powerful players.

If you're trying to get an easy 3-peat for the helmet reward, try "higher" ranked players, as high as you can find (think "50,000"), while avoiding high-level crossed sword numbers. If you can't find any that fit this description, try those with a rank of "0", which means they've not been battling yet, and have no rank. A cra pshoot, but usually gives me a decent or easy match.

Hi Rookeye, yes I did pay attention to those.

Do you match up to any players under level 100 anymore?

Leveling up isnt good!

I found out that the higher level you are, the more points you give the opponent that is able to defeat you. When I fight low level players.like level 40+(new guild so we face opponents that are lower on level) the points I get was very less. When I go back into a guild where we faces opponent thats are high in levels, I am able to get like 400+ points from them. So levelling up too much isnt good. I stopped levelling up at level 140+
    *NOTE:This has nothing to do with GUILDS LEVEL
    IGN: QCP ACE
    Guild: QC POWER FOREVER(Guild Master)
    -------A Guild Of QC POWER(REBEL ALLIANCE)
    Line ID: bl7673

Armors
    DeMortuis Robes 99/99
    Armor Of The Komodo 99/99
    Northerner's Battlegear 99/99
    Forgestone Aegis 99/99
    Tectonic Mantle 99/99
    Blazeborne Vanguard 99/99
    Lilith's Mantle+ 70/70

Thanks BL. I still got mixed advice. Some says it's bad, others say doesn't matter. Would there be any Gree personel to answer this question? For now, I still put my 3 stars materials farming on-hold.