DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ask the Devs] Round 1: Modern War

Hybrid View

Social Media Manager
    Post Count

[Ask the Devs] Round 1: Modern War

Hello Players,

We are going to start something new. This is the first round, so there might be a few kinks to work out. Every other month, we're going to open a thread for a single week, Monday-Friday. This thread will alternate games; this means it will not always be Modern War focused. You may ask developers questions. We'll close the thread and then two weeks later publish a set number of answers. This first month we are aiming to answer 5 questions from players.

Notes about questions:
    Please don't ask specific questions such as "When is the next FLTQ?" or "Why is that boss's health x/x?"

Thanks! This thread will close Friday at 12pm PDT.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    1) What if anything will be done about defensive buildings?

2) what about old cash buildings? CJ posted about a month ago that we may see them the released for a week or two.
    Last edited by 2000y2k; 06-23-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000y2k View Post
    1) What if anything will be done about defensive buildings?

2) what about old cash buildings? CJ posted about a month ago that we may see them the released for a week or two.
    I would also like to hear an answer to these two questions on the first reply to this thread.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are we going to be able to see a list of prizes for events again anytime soon? its nice to have them before the event starts, and makes life easy for people creating a walkthrough for the benefit of the game.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by reesiepuff View Post
    Are we going to be able to see a list of prizes for events again anytime soon? its nice to have them before the event starts, and makes life easy for people creating a walkthrough for the benefit of the game.
    This has been discussed at length. We will not be publishing full list of the prizing for all tiers. Apologies for any frustrations that may cause.

EDIT: I'll try and pop in and answer some of these.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    This has been discussed at length. We will not be publishing full list of the prizing for all tiers. Apologies for any frustrations that may cause.

I hope you guys can post the information for at least some of these events. I'd like to at least see the prizes for those BLTQ buildings, the cost to upgrade, and payout. Hopefully the times to upgrade.

Lurker
    Post Count

Old valor units

I had a question,I have too ask,I had a bunch of valor and used it too buy valor units,then,all of a sudden new valor units came out,and I feel I wasted all my valor on weaker valor units,is there anyway you all can come up with a way we can sell our old valor units and redeem valor back, to purchase new ones,kinda like how you can buy a cash bldg & sell it,even if it meant getting only half the valor back,That would be awesome,same principle maybe can be used on old cash units,please let me know what you think

Lurker
    Post Count

Yeah But.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerRocksWisconsin View Post
    I hope you guys can post the information for at least some of these events. I'd like to at least see the prizes for those BLTQ buildings, the cost to upgrade, and payout. Hopefully the times to upgrade.
    Yeah but when u find these things out you might say:
    " this isn't worth the units because of the upgrade time." Then u tell your faction and the no one does the event and GREE makes less money off of gold purchases for help finishing the event.

Post Count
    I'm gonna have to agree with almost every player in Modern War that a water LE building should be next.. That doesn't seem unreasonable... I wouldn't mind to see the level increase a little too.. maybe from 300 to 325..doesn't have to be a giant jump.. but it would space some people out.. especially since all of the LTQ's..etc..that have been added..creates more level increases than before.. I also wouldn't mind a faction increase either....
    "If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it." -- Stephen Colbert

Lurker
    Post Count

Water buildings

Any new water buildings coming soon?

Post Count
    Do I take the same units into a defensive battle as I do into an attacking battle?
    For example, if I have 3000 growlers i will take them when I attack, but if I also had 3000 of the top sea unit would they be used when I am attacked by another player as they have a higher defence.
    I hope I explained it so you can understand

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Major issues!!!!

Ok. A few issues need to be resolved!

1) DEAL WITH THE CHEATERS!

2) Stop charging a fortune for buildings and units!

3) Get rid of the Full Assault

4) Give newer players a chance!! So sick of not being able to build up because the powerful get more powerful and the newer players can't get ahead!

5).... Seriously?..... 4 days to updrade? 7 days to upgrade? At those rates, people get bored of the game before they can upgrade anything. THINK PEOPLE! If you want players to join/stay and spend money, MAKE IT WORTH IT!!!

6) And most important... I have lost units out of nowhere.. I contacted support, and keep getting automated responses that have NOTHING to do with my issue! START LOOKING INTO THESE ISSUES FOR ONCE!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

This is crazy, why will you not post what we pay cash for? Even Post it after event. Pop ups don't always show up and stats not listed. I have slowed down cash I give to gree and will continue to go slower if you don't post prizes. At least explain why you won't. And if it is because of mistakes that answer don't fly. If you want some more income then post these again.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

What are you talking about? You hardly post any info about prizes. At the end of the day, you've been no different than the other mods. Ask a question, then then the going gets tough, you completely disappear. Then you reappear again when you want to post a topic that you won't follow through on.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Its been many months since we have seen a big gold sale, 40% off or better. We now have 12 events in 3 weeks time, and a big gold sale would be helpfull to many players. Would you consider doing it again? Or is it a thing of the past? Thank you.