200million or 20 million??? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much do you want new LTB to be???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • 200 million LTB

46 75.41%
  • 20million LTB

15 24.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200million or 20 million???

Post Count
    Aannnnd crickets from the "great" Dipstick. What a surprise, when he doesn't have some high horsed one lined comment to make he doesn't have anything to say at all
    Last edited by mr.c; 06-22-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Post Count
    And why is that exactly? Not everyone that plays this game is in your position. Many new members have no chance at obtaining the high priced LTBs. Why shouldn't there be 2? One for new and veteran players at the same time? They do it with LTQ's. A beginner LTQ and an regluar/elite LTQ.
    Because the point is, you're supposed to work your way to a level where you can afford the LTB. If you've got an IPH of 90k and can't afford the 4mil to build a Russian Restaurant, what right do you have to get an LTB building worth 100-150mil? If you want it, buy money with Gold - Gold is used to buy stuff you don't earn.

The LTB is designed as a 'veteran' LTQ anyway IMO - not for beginners

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon. View Post
    Because the point is, you're supposed to work your way to a level where you can afford the LTB. If you've got an IPH of 90k and can't afford the 4mil to build a Russian Restaurant, what right do you have to get an LTB building worth 100-150mil? If you want it, buy money with Gold - Gold is used to buy stuff you don't earn.

The LTB is designed as a 'veteran' LTQ anyway IMO - not for beginners
    Well ur right about one thing, that is YOUR opinion. So new players have no "right" to LTB's unless their spending a ton of gold? What a crock. If Gree didnt care about new players then why have the beginners LTQ's? Why? It's because Gree realizes that new(er) players want a chance as well. The same should be true with LTB's. Thanks for speaking up on Dipsticks behalf, but you've not furthered ur ignorant point of view at all.
    Last edited by mr.c; 06-22-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Post Count
    And who says a beginner LTB has to have some worth 100-150million anyway? I'm sure it would be adjusted accordingly

Post Count
    The point is that by participating in an LTB event you hope to get prizes for upgrades using in game cash, and these prizes offer tens of thousands of raw stats and a stacking +1% mod. Good items like LTB and SLTQ items that are available for game cash should never be "cheap" if they are that strong, and especially not if they have mods (whether they stack or not).

The high priced LTB not only offers one of the few actual challenges left in this game, but also makes the prizes a bit more exclusive to those who've been diligently upgrading their hood economies. When the LTB is cheap, everyone can get very decent items at basically no cost. This offers no challenge, probably doesn't make Gree a lot of money, and everyone ends up with a lot of LTB items which really devalues them. That's not even taking into account that cheap buildings have cheap payouts, and it's really inconvenient (and backwards) to spend all that upgrade time on a building that isn't even going to improve your economy by very much.

The only reason there is a beginner mode for some of the LTQs is because when you are just beginning you will have had a limited number of skill points to invest into energy. It's not until around level 30 that most people will even have earned enough skill points to get their money's worth on an energy refill.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Players are idiots... Don't fall for this.
    Based on the current poll tally, 6/23/2014 0039 PDT, 82% of voters are in agreement.

I know the sample size is laughable compared to the number of players in game, but there appear to be many more views to this thread than replies, which shows there is at least an interest in the matter.

Mr. Dip, at risk of eating my own foot, if I am not mistaken, you are in agreement with the current poll standings. Is this correct?

Post Count
    Well ur right about one thing, that is YOUR opinion. So new players have no "right" to LTB's unless their spending a ton of gold? What a crock. If Gree didnt care about new players then why have the beginners LTQ's? Why? It's because Gree realizes that new(er) players want a chance as well. The same should be true with LTB's. Thanks for speaking up on Dipsticks behalf, but you've not furthered ur ignorant point of view at all.
    Maybe "No right" is a bit harsh, but seriously, if everyone is on an even playing field, where's the reward for time and effort? What I'm saying is, if you want to jump ahead instead of building and earning your way to affording the LTB, spend gold, otherwise, tough luck, do the hard yards and save your pennies - you get to play with big boys on the footy field when you're strong enough to get out of the sandpit.

Oh and I almost forgot, ignorant point of view? I though it was rather well informed, we'll I spose it doesn't matter what anyone says - looking at the rest of your posts, looks like your out to pick a fight anyway - you can have the sand bucket my friend, I'm off to play footy!
    Last edited by Simon.; 06-23-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    The point is that by participating in an LTB event you hope to get prizes for upgrades using in game cash, and these prizes offer tens of thousands of raw stats and a stacking +1% mod. Good items like LTB and SLTQ items that are available for game cash should never be "cheap" if they are that strong, and especially not if they have mods (whether they stack or not).

The high priced LTB not only offers one of the few actual challenges left in this game, but also makes the prizes a bit more exclusive to those who've been diligently upgrading their hood economies. When the LTB is cheap, everyone can get very decent items at basically no cost. This offers no challenge, probably doesn't make Gree a lot of money, and everyone ends up with a lot of LTB items which really devalues them. That's not even taking into account that cheap buildings have cheap payouts, and it's really inconvenient (and backwards) to spend all that upgrade time on a building that isn't even going to improve your economy by very much.

The only reason there is a beginner mode for some of the LTQs is because when you are just beginning you will have had a limited number of skill points to invest into energy. It's not until around level 30 that most people will even have earned enough skill points to get their money's worth on an energy refill.
    Thank you for your well thought out and respectful response, it does make alot of sense.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon. View Post
    Maybe "No right" is a bit harsh, but seriously, if everyone is on an even playing field, where's the reward for time and effort? What I'm saying is, if you want to jump ahead instead of building and earning your way to affording the LTB, spend gold, otherwise, tough luck, do the hard yards and save your pennies - you get to play with big boys on the footy field when you're strong enough to get out of the sandpit.

Oh and I almost forgot, ignorant point of view? I though it was rather well informed, we'll I spose it doesn't matter what anyone says - looking at the rest of your posts, looks like your out to pick a fight anyway - you can have the sand bucket my friend, I'm off to play footy!
    Your right that was a bit harsh, I was kinda fired up last night. Thank you for your well thought out responses as well. As for myself being out to pick a fight-only against all these a-holes who feel it's their job around here to mock, ridicule, insult, talk down to and make fun of other members' legit posts just because they feel their "better" somehow than everyone else.

Post Count
    There is an issue with a constant stream of expensive ltbs changing the economy of the game. Those that can afford them buy them and get ever ever richer whilst newer players that cannot get left further an further behind. The richer players then demand ever more expensive ltbs. If this trend continues a player starting soon would have no hope of ever buying one. The new ltbs are in effect a form of iph inflation for the older players and a disincentive to new players which can't be good in the long term.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasari View Post
    There is an issue with a constant stream of expensive ltbs changing the economy of the game. Those that can afford them buy them and get ever ever richer whilst newer players that cannot get left further an further behind.
    These "rich" players who can afford expensive LTBs have little or nothing else to upgrade. Should the most successful players in the game be penalized or offered no further avenues towards improvement?

The richer players then demand ever more expensive ltbs.
    Nah, they don't need to be "ever more expensive". They just need to be expensive enough that Joe "afraid to get robbed" Blow can't get more items (plus mods) than he deserves for not upgrading his hood.

If this trend continues a player starting soon would have no hope of ever buying one.
    So? New players have it real easy as far as all the other events are concerned. Easier epic boss tiers at lower levels, easier to score decent points in wars at lower levels, supposedly better odds in box events, etc. Longtime players really get screwed most of the time.

All the "original" buildings are still available, and all the players you're jealous of had to build and upgrade a lot of them to get where they are now. What makes new players feel so entitled that they should get to skip ahead and easily catch up to people who have literally been upgrading for years?

The new ltbs are in effect a form of iph inflation for the older players and a disincentive to new players which can't be good in the long term.
    The "new" LTBs are a way to encourage many aspects of the game. Better buildings mean better robbery opportunities, better collections for syndicate donations, better collections for personal IPH upgrades, increased hood development strategy, etc.

"Cheap" LTBs offer worthless payouts, both for someone collecting in full and for someone looking for a robbery. Spending weeks on end upgrading a building worth nothing, for items worth just slightly more than nothing (in the grand scheme), is very, very pointless.

Why not grind through being a beginner, as you would be required to do in any other game or even real life job, and accept that those who came before you are more advanced in terms of game/career experience?

Post Count
    I am not jealous I was making a point and I stick by it. In fact I have been able to get the ltbs.

My point is not that you shouldn't have to work over time to be able to get the ltbs but that it should be possible to do so if you put the effort in. The cycle of price escalation demanded by some players would render this impossible for new starters.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    If you don't have cash for the LTB, get your NCs up and save. Not everyone is supposed to have one.
    BRAVO 6 lvl167 7B/3.3B 172mil IPH
    Asphalt Assassins

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo 6 vk View Post
    If you don't have cash for the LTB, get your NCs up and save. Not everyone is supposed to have one.
    Agree. Both of my NCs are 10 now. I missed out on a lot of ltbs, but now I can afford them all.

Post Count
    I'd like to see a cheaper sport thing like the basketball court / skating rink. I was thinking football pitch (cement of course) because of the World Cup.

The rich kids can dump the money for this LTB into their syndicates to max their upgrades quicker, and I get a cement football pitch for my hood.

It's win/win.