Finally, another one won the game ... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally, another one won the game ...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Indeed, we are unable to help on accounts that have been found to be a sold/bought account. This can come into play if you lose something or other situations as it is against the Terms of Service.
    Tadaaah have you seen the top player list? You're on top! Congratulations
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Believe the Tadaaaah on top has one to many a's in their name - you'd think whoever that person is they'd at least have the common decency to spell your name right!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    Let me see if I understand correctly. What you're saying is, it's unlikely the quoted speaker mentioned something about quitting and had foolishly linked his forum account to his game ID, resulting in the tracking and banning if the account?

If, indeed, this did occur, and mr. speaker decided to purchase a new device, is he not entitled to a fresh account?

TL;DR: who likes beer?
    by account banned i mean forum account, not in game account. and the reason was that someone had said they coudnt sell an account, and I, not knowing it was against the TOS, replied of course you can. had my forum account banned without a warning, message or nothing. and now i see people flaming, and even Tadaaah says only inconvenience it is that they cant help if an account is found out to be sold and the person needs any sort of help from support. my understanding is, or was, any account found out to be sold should be banned immediately. i fthat is not the case, then i should get my old forum account unbanned, as it is not such a big deal to sell your account. so which is it? is it bad to sell your game account? if it is ban the account... it is not so bad, and you can continue playing, just not able to get support. if so, unban my forum account, as it really was out of ignorance i made that post. would be nice to hear an answer to this.....

Post Count
    Your old forum account would have been banned for encouraging people to break the TOS. The mod meant that if an account is found to be sold it will be banned and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's unfortunate for the "new" owner of the account, who presumably paid real money to acquire it, but it's a clear breach of the TOS and there is nothing Gree can do about that.

If you want to keep your forum account, don't post anything advising anyone to break the rules. Shouldn't need to be said, but I thought maybe this post was starting to border on tl;dr.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    i was just going on what he actually said was, and i quote: "we are unable to help on accounts that have been found to be a sold/bought account. This can come into play if you lose something or other situations as it is against the Terms of Service." he didnt say they would ban the game account. maybe he wasnt clear, what im looking for is: If an account is found to be sold, will it be banned? or not? or Gree will just Not help in case of problem???? and as I said previously, yes, may have been a forum violation, but i see a lot of violations of the TOS on the forum. people bashing and flaming. it is also a violation. i hear they get a 3 day ban from posting or something... yesterday i saw a post about a guy trying to sell his MW account. clearly a violation, yet the post was up for 24 hours at least.... I really was unaware of not being able to transfer accounts when i had made that comment on previous forumaccount. but it seemed harsh to ban an account on first violation. AND from this post of tadaaah it makes it seem like a Bought/sold account cant get any help from gree, so it would make it appear that it is not such a bad thing to do. from my end, im keeping all my game accounts till i dont want to play with them anymore, at which point im selling off my buildings and donating the cash to the syndicate before i delete the game. wont have anybody on my syn talka about selling accounts either, just had a member do just that, he sold all his buildings, and donated the cash to syn before deleting his game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by steverocks View Post
    Another "I quit" thread?! Do you understand that nobody cares that you're leaving? What's the point of your thread? People begging for attention has to be the most annoying thing ever. Mod, please lock this useless thread.
    So annoying that you opened it, when the thread title made it patently obvious what the content would be, and are now whining to admins to lock it.

Effing brilliant.
    Last edited by Max Power; 06-23-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    So annoying that you opened it, when the thread title made it patently obvious what the content would be, and are now whining to admins to lock it.

Effing brilliant.
    I like your use of the word patently.

Lmao
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Indeed, we are unable to help on accounts that have been found to be a sold/bought account. This can come into play if you lose something or other situations as it is against the Terms of Service.

Could you clarify what you folks do about accounts that are sold/bought. Your post makes it seem like despite it being against the TOS the only repercussion for such actions is that you won't get help from support. It was my impression that you folks flat out banned accounts that have been bought/sold.
    retired

Post Count
    Read the TOS... it really can't be much clearer. Transferred accounts (whether paid for or not) can be completely deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Depends who's account though. As when trevs account was sold and proof given they allowed it and still give it full support

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    Could you clarify what you folks do about accounts that are sold/bought. Your post makes it seem like despite it being against the TOS the only repercussion for such actions is that you won't get help from support. It was my impression that you folks flat out banned accounts that have been bought/sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Read the TOS... it really can't be much clearer. Transferred accounts (whether paid for or not) can be completely deleted.
    Dipstik is correct. Apologies for not painting a clear picture. You will not receive support and the account can be banned. As an example, someone may report they've lost everything on their account. They submit a support ticket. They are told we will not reinstate the account as it was bought/transferred. The account can then be banned.

Moral of the story: Do not sell or transfer your accounts. It's against the rules and can be punished.

Another note: Your forum account is separate from your in-game account. You may be banned in one and not the other. Do not post comments that encourage people to break the ToS. That's an easily ban-able offense.

Do we need more clarification?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Yes dip it is clear in the TOS. I just raised the question because what is stated in the TOS often differs from the actions that are enacted in the game. Can be versus will be is quite a different story.

Example if Pedro is correct and trevs account was sold but not banned despite proof, then it would seem to be that the TOS is not being upheld in this case.

Tadaah thanks for the clarification
    retired

Post Count
    Yes, and I will handle it for you.

Sold accounts that are discovered by Gree and are not purchasing gold = deleted
    Sold accounts that are discovered by Gree and ARE purchasing gold = not deleted

You are welcome (takes a bow).

Post Count
    Do we need more clarification?
    Well, yes, actually since you asked....

What does support need to know besides simply saying the account was transferred?
    What if that's all we know: former and new acct name?

Is GREE able to tell if an account was transferred by location or how? Say if an acct was in one country and was transferred to a player in another, would that info be useful or not?

Also, is there a time limit on this?
    For example: If an acct was transferred 6 months ago and never reported, are they free and clear?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Yes, and I will handle it for you.

Sold accounts that are discovered by Gree and are not purchasing gold = deleted
    Sold accounts that are discovered by Gree and ARE purchasing gold = not deleted

You are welcome (takes a bow).

Exactly.....
    retired