Thank you Gree for protecting us from the horrors of such words as crap, poop and

Any word that contains a C, a U and a M right next to each others. Can't have people running around in game using such horrific words as circumstances .
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 07-06-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Some filtration systems are pretty funny like that. I once worked on a game that the filter wouldn't let you use words like cockpit or hangar; the game's theme was planes. Yay, technology!

Yes, we hate veggies like cuc/umbers too

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Some filtration systems are pretty funny like that. I once worked on a game that the filter wouldn't let you use words like cockpit or hangar; the game's theme was planes. Yay, technology!
    well, this was really helpfull, you already acting like an obsolete Gree employee

ok, another one

some numbers cant be posted, like 717

so if i scout someone with 717 in the coords ( my neighbour f i ) i post the report and get 3 stars at the first set

717???? really??????, is it a mysterious hidden message????

enlight us, without the "YAY", and do tell, what solution is there, and when, for those ridiculous blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by cherlock View Post
    well, this was really helpfull, you already acting like an obsolete Gree employee

ok, another one

so if i scout someone with 717 in the coords ( my neighbour f i ) i post the report and get 3 stars at the first set

enlight us, without the "YAY", and do tell, what solution is there, and when, for those ridiculous blocks.
    The system filters out all inappropriate language. Unfortunately, this means it can not distinguish between the inappropriate word if it is part of a larger/longer word.

Really Tadaah? Is it that difficult to run a word like, say cucumber through a dictionary and see that yes, the longer word exists, and that it is not a bad word.

The truth, though, is that it is also easy to bypass the system. Since accented words aren't detected, one can use a ç instead of a c in the f-word, or a î instead of an i with the s-word. So, on the one hand, we see legitimate words **** out, and on the other we see obscenities anyways.

And of course, none of this stops people from writing truly offensive things that don't involve an obscenity.

Jedi (w13)

Quote Originally Posted by cherlock View Post

ok, another one

The "7" apparently looks too much like a "T" and the "1" too much like an "I". You can figure out what supposedly is being blocked.

Also, apparently 822 is banned because the "8" looks like an "A" and the "2" looks like an "S". Seriously?

Nothing like posting a scouting report where the target's location is **** out.

Jedi

What a bunch of crybabies...who cares...find a different way to say what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    What a bunch of crybabies...who cares...find a different way to say what you're trying to say.

I did

Guess what

Im muted now, lol
    For the very first time after playing for a year

Coincidence huh?

Hahaha, really����������������������

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps_DP View Post
    It's more the inconvenience and a minor annoyance than anything else. I'm fine with GREE censoring out certain words. But they do seem to have gone overboard in censoring out a word that is part of another word, or when a bad word stretches over two words (for example "isn't it", where the censor thinks it is a reference to a part of the female anatomy), and certainly censoring out numbers is silly. 717 and 822 are more likely to be a coordinate in the game than a way to get around the filter.

And of course, some of the truly offensive stuff doesn't get filtered. But that's why there is a reporting system.

Jedi

Yes, because crap and poop is so bad. Better tell your parents.

/sarcasm

It's as annoying as replacing all the # with @ in someone else's C++ program to troll them.
    I've started a new War of Nations wiki, help out with it:
    http://warofnationscompendium.wikia.com

Try typing in the cords -422, -1423....and see what happens.

Evidently -422 is censored. Horrible word!! Highly offensive!!