Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Star metal EB?

Does it only come in "regular" and green varieties? Serious question; I haven't encountered either version yet.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    Does it only come in "regular" and green varieties? Serious question; I haven't encountered either version yet.
    Starmetal Kaleidoscope Raiment, Black Kaleidoscope, Red Kaleidoscope, Green Kaleidoscope, Bronze Chromatic, Silver Chromatic, and of course the plus versions of all of those.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Hmm...why do I only hear about Green all the time then? Is it the most easily obtainable?

Hmm...why do I only hear about Green all the time then? Is it the most easily obtainable?
    Probably just because it's the most recent. Bronze and Silver were GW rewards. Black is extremely outdated, starmetal original was never good, despite being an achievement, and red was an obvious joke the day it was released.

Starmetal is general is a terrible idea for a game with a star-cross alignment base. It has to tread a dangerous line between being way too strong, or useless entirely. With the speed at which power creeps in KnD, and the lack of variety in armors in general, (meaning that there is literally only 1 armor with each combinations of stats due to the power creep), starmetal cannot stay in this line, and so is always useless. If it were overpowered, or even 'on par' it would ensure GMs a win too often, and would be completely unfair.

I would personally suggest a starmetal/single element armor. It receives no extra damage from other armors, including its normal weakness, and does the 50% to it's normal advantage. However, the way the game is set up, it would most likely require an entire re-work to make it plausible with current mechanics.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Wot about armor with a triple-element base? Half-Starmetal, as it were. To keep it from being too powerful, it uses 2 elements all the time, and randomly it will pop with the third, but it truly is random, just like the "misses" in battle. Not controllable. When it pops, it's VERY good, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Skater View Post
    Anybody else think it would be cool to fight a star metal EB? Most of these EBs we fight now are just to easy. I mean... I have one epic, Northerners, and I'm still getting to lvl 43+ on this Earth/Wind EB. Give us a challenge Gree. Let us fight something that can only be countered with another Star metal armor. Make this EB so only the most powerful of players can get the plus version. Not some lvl 50 who's going spend a lousy 100 gems. A game is suppose to take skill to win. Not money. Also, i think this would be a great collective peace. Dont hold back on the hate. I'm ready for it. Lol
    You contradicted yourself. If you want it to be skill then you can not make it where only the best armor in game will beat it because then you are making it where everyone would have to spend thousands of dollars trying to get best armor out of chests. This would then make it a game of money with luck. This is a pretty stupid idea if you ask me man. Sorry to hate, but you asked for the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lou View Post
    You contradicted yourself. If you want it to be skill then you can not make it where only the best armor in game will beat it because then you are making it where everyone would have to spend thousands of dollars trying to get best armor out of chests. This would then make it a game of money with luck. This is a pretty stupid idea if you ask me man. Sorry to hate, but you asked for the hate.
    Here's a better idea, why don't you make a multi boss eb, where there are 2 ebs you have to beat? Obviously you cant make them as strong because there would be 2 of them but you can make something cool with the idea behind it. Then it becomes a little more skill trying to lineup your armor and knowing where to put them for counter elements versus weaknesses. Just saying if you want skill this would make more sense.

Anybody else think it would be cool to fight a star metal EB? Most of these EBs we fight now are just to easy. I mean... I have one epic, Northerners, and I'm still getting to lvl 43+ on this Earth/Wind EB. Give us a challenge Gree. Let us fight something that can only be countered with another Star metal armor. Make this EB so only the most powerful of players can get the plus version. Not some lvl 50 who's going spend a lousy 100 gems. A game is suppose to take skill to win. Not money. Also, i think this would be a great collective peace. Dont hold back on the hate. I'm ready for it. Lol

I would like to see you reach 60 kills so you can craft 2 + versions and harvest the rewards. 43 kills is only the "soft cap". Reaching 60 does not only require great armor but also skills in timing and calculate how to use your friends in order to get enough kills everyday without wasting energy.

I challenge you...
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Dianish View Post
    I would like to see you reach 60 kills so you can craft 2 + versions and harvest the rewards. 43 kills is only the "soft cap". Reaching 60 does not only require great armor but also skills in timing and calculate how to use your friends in order to get enough kills everyday without wasting energy.

I challenge you...
    Will do. Next EB though. Not this one. I havnt started on this one because i dont really care for it. But I'll have lvl 60 by next friday. And armor crafted by the following tuesday. I need to know how to post pics though. Suggestion on resizing apps?

I use tinypic.com on the Message Board upload setting. You don't have to have an account with them to use it.

Will do. Next EB though. Not this one. I havnt started on this one because i dont really care for it. But I'll have lvl 60 by next friday. And armor crafted by the following tuesday. I need to know how to post pics though. Suggestion on resizing apps?
    You sound confident..

Confident as in: "Im gonna spend gems to reach 60 kills before friday".

Dont ruin the challenge... Its not a challenge if you are going to spend gems. Everything is easy with gems. I thought it was quite obvious that my challenge didnt include gem usage.

You said it was to easy to reach 43 kills. Well, it kind a is but you need to be strong to be able to do it within 3 days. Also reaching 51 kills is possible for the semi strong player - But just only. Just before the boss disappears.

With gems, who cares. You can reach 60 kills the same day if you like. Not a part of the challenge.

I challenged you to reach 60 kills without spending gems. Just didnt mention the gem part as i figured it was obvious that it wouldnt be a challenge with gems. So 60 kills before friday? Good luck.

I gotta admit i think you can do it. The EB's after last collection event have been "easiere" as i have reached 60 kills with just a little use of 40 gems - But i suffer from insomnia and im awake almost all the time which garantees i dont waste any energy when its maxed out(Tbh, i think its because they have adjescent elements). 40 gems is a sweetspot. Its still cheap as one gets more than 40 free gems each week - Because the rewards is worth it to me. Im a key hoarder and should have 2000+ by the end of this current EB.

And back on topic: If they actually made a Star Metal EB - It would be tougher than the collections event bosses which has a 5% increase of stats over each other. Not being able to have any elemental advantage even 43 kills would be a challenge. With an EB being so tough the armor should definitely be worth it. Unlike the other star-metal armors. Way low stats - Both legendary and epic ones. A Star metal should not make the same dmg as an armor with elemetal advantage. It equals it out the dmg making it obsolete.

Just thinking of the Star Metal EB scares me... Maybe Gree will actually surprise us and do it - But the way they have been running things for months i doubt highly doubt it.

Well which is it? 40 gems yes? Or no gems usage? *scratches head*

Well which is it? 40 gems yes? Or no gems usage? *scratches head*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianish View Post
    Dont ruin the challenge... Its not a challenge if you are going to spend gems. Everything is easy with gems. I thought it was quite obvious that my challenge didnt include gem usage.

I challenged you to reach 60 kills without spending gems. Just didnt mention the gem part as i figured it was obvious that it wouldnt be a challenge with gems. So 60 kills before friday? Good luck.
    Read much? :P *Scratches head*

I was mearly stating that i only get to 60 if i use 40 gems. Had nothing to do with the challenge.

Actually I do read much, thank you. I also noted the large amounts of sarcasm, bravura and other unnecessary bits. I merely pointed out that your posting was unclear. Write well much? *grins*

P.S. I'm American, and *scratches head* denotes confusion, much like a blank stare in anime does. However, *scratches head* is limited, and does not define precisely what I'm confused by...
    Last edited by Rookeye; 06-28-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Actually I do read much, thank you. I also noted the large amounts of sarcasm, bravura and other unnecessary bits. I merely pointed out that your posting was unclear. Write well much? *grins*

P.S. I'm American, and *scratches head* denotes confusion, much like a blank stare in anime does. However, *scratches head* is limited, and does not define precisely what I'm confused by...

First: Im danish. I suck at foreign languages :P

Second: Whats unclear it? I quoted my self and it clearly says "No gems".

Third: Was being sarcastic about the scratching - S So you were right. Its just danish humour